Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V

Good pitching wins games.
    Tampa has very good pitching.
    Tampa Bay is not going away anytime soon.
    Only 2 AL teams have less losses (Bos & NYY).
    Only 3 NL teams have less losses (Phil, SF & Atl).

Starters with 5+ starts:
    Shields  8-7  2.33   0.981 WHIP
    Hellick.  8-7  3.21   1.148
    Price      9-7  3.73   1.075
    Davis     7-6  4.25   1.457
    Nieman 4-4   4.53   1.416
    A. Cobb 2-2   3.41   1.310

Relievers with 25+ innings in relief:
    Farnsworth  1.95  0.880
    Peralta          4.10  1.173
    J. Cruz           3.31  1.296
    Russell           2.90  1.516
    C. Ramos      4.05  1.350

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V

Welcome back, I think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Damn. I just started a thread on this. Mine involves supposed lost production from 2010. This is worse than opening two theatres on the same street corner!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Kotchman has way better numbers than Pena (2010 & 2011).
    Joyce way better than Crawford (2010 & 2011).
    Hellickson way better than Garza (2010 & 2011).
    Damon over Aybar.
    Fransworth close to Soriano's 2010 numbers and way better than his 2011 numbers (injured).

They had a record amount of top draft picks this year.

They will not "go away".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Well, I want to see a Red Sox vs. Yankees ALCS showdown this year so I guess the only way for Tampa to go away is if the Red Sox and Yankees keep winning. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I do not like the Rays or their annoying proximity to us in the standings.  But when a guy like Kotchman turns his career around like this, it's a reminder of what a great and unpredictable game it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

How is "Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away" even a subject here for even marginally intelligent MLB fans? Who said they were going away?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

In Response to Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V:
    Good pitching wins games. Tampa has very good pitching. Tampa Bay is not going away anytime soon. Only 2 AL teams have less losses (Bos & NYY). Only 3 NL teams have less losses (Phil, SF & Atl). Starters with 5+ starts: Shields  8-7  2.33   0.981 WHIP Hellick.  8-7  3.21   1.148 Price      9-7  3.73   1.075 Davis     7-6  4.25   1.457 Nieman 4-4   4.53   1.416 A. Cobb 2-2   3.41   1.310 Relievers with 25+ innings in relief: Farnsworth  1.95  0.880 Peralta          4.10  1.173 J. Cruz           3.31  1.296 Russell           2.90  1.516 C. Ramos      4.05  1.350   

Posted by moonslav59

Why not start a "baltimore is going to finish in 2nd in the ALE and take the wild card" thread?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Does this mean fans will actually go to the games?

to soon?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V:
    Good pitching wins games. Tampa has very good pitching. Tampa Bay is not going away anytime soon. Only 2 AL teams have less losses (Bos & NYY). Only 3 NL teams have less losses (Phil, SF & Atl). Starters with 5+ starts: Shields  8-7  2.33   0.981 WHIP Hellick.  8-7  3.21   1.148 Price      9-7  3.73   1.075 Davis     7-6  4.25   1.457 Nieman 4-4   4.53   1.416 A. Cobb 2-2   3.41   1.310 Relievers with 25+ innings in relief: Farnsworth  1.95  0.880 Peralta          4.10  1.173 J. Cruz           3.31  1.296 Russell           2.90  1.516 C. Ramos      4.05  1.350   
    Posted by moonslav59

ANYONE CAN READ A VERY EASY SCHEDULE FOR TAMPA AND WRITE A DUMB PREDICTION.  FACE THE FACTS BRANIAC THE RAYS HAVE PLAYED 500 AGAINST TEAMS WHO CAN ACTUALLY PLAY.  THERE SCHHEDULE IS SO EASY THE MUST BE BAD NOT TO BE IN FIRST PLACE.

WHAT A NUMNUT

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V:
    Damn. I just started a thread on this. Mine involves supposed lost production from 2010. This is worse than opening two theatres on the same street corner!
    Posted by harness

TYPICAL MOON/HARNESS I REALLY WONDER IF YOU ARE ONE IN THE SAME.  ME DOMINATING THE BOARD THIS MORNING IS WHAT YOU GEEKS PUT EVERYONE THROUGH ON OUR BOARD EVERY DAY.

ANNOYING

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V : TYPICAL MOON/HARNESS I REALLY WONDER IF YOU ARE ONE IN THE SAME.  ME DOMINATING THE BOARD THIS MORNING IS WHAT YOU GEEKS PUT EVERYONE THROUGH ON OUR BOARD EVERY DAY. ANNOYING
    Posted by FarmFan

Posting in all caps is annoying!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V : Posting in all caps is annoying!!
    Posted by jrh1194

I KNOW BUT LIKE MOON/HARNESS AND NHSTEVEN I WANTED TO BE NOTICED.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I always thought the recipe to making the playoffs was normally to play about .500 ball vs the very best and beat up on the bad teams. Besides, TB has played very well vs the Sox and Yanks the past few years.

This year, they are 4-2 vs the Sox with an ERA below 3.00. They are 2-3 vs the Yanks with a 3.35 ERA. They are 24-21 vs teams with winning records and 26-20 vs sub .500 teams. TB has played 35 games vs winning record teams: the Yanks have played 31 (21-10). The Yanks are 1-8 with a 6.27 ERA vs Boston and 3-2 and 3.48 vs TB (a worse ERA than TB has vs them).  The Sox have played 32 games vs winning teams and are 20-12. The Sox have a worse ERA vs the Yanks (3.89) than TB does. The Sox have a worse ERA vs TB than TB has vs us (4.70 before last night).

The fact is TB holds its own vs top teams.

The fact that they have done it on1/3rd to 1/4th of the budget shows they must be doing something right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

I always thought the recipe to making the playoffs was normally to play about .500 ball vs the very best and beat up on the bad teams. Besides, TB has played very well vs the Sox and Yanks the past few years. This year, they are 4-2 vs the Sox with an ERA below 3.00. They are 2-3 vs the Yanks with a 3.35 ERA. They are 24-21 vs teams with winning records and 26-20 vs sub .500 teams. TB has played 35 games vs winning record teams: the Yanks have played 31 (21-10). The Yanks are 1-8 with a 6.27 ERA vs Boston and 3-2 and 3.48 vs TB (a worse ERA than TB has vs them).  The Sox have played 32 games vs winning teams and are 20-12. The Sox have a worse ERA vs the Yanks (3.89) than TB does. The Sox have a worse ERA vs TB than TB has vs us (4.70 before last night). The fact is TB holds its own vs top teams. The fact that they have done it on1/3rd to 1/4th of the budget shows they must be doing something right.
    Posted by moonslav59

YOUR FORMULA IS LOOKING AT ONES SCHEDULE AND MAKING DUMB PREDICTIONS ON THE OUTCOME THAT ANY DUMMY COULD DO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It was your formula not mine. I never mentioned strength of schedule until you and others did.

When someone spouts lies or misinformation, I will expose you for what you are: a clown.

TB may not make the playoffs, but they are doing much better than most expected.
    They lost their whole bullpen.
    Their 2nd "best player" (Crawford).
    Their "heart and soul" (Pena).
    Their starting SS (Bartlett).
    Their decent starter (Gaza).

They have replaced them with a decent and surprising pen, moving Joyce to fulltime, signing Kotchman (steal of the year next to maybe Berkman), Damon and Hellickson. They will likely get more help from the farm as the season goes on. They may even make a little splash at the trade deadline for once.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I called Tampa in January and I was 100% correct..... I want my reward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ah and are not the Pirates tied for 1st place?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Pirates are an amazing story. Our losses to them should not be viewed as harshly as many have done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

As a kid I did not like them, but as a baseball fan I would like nothing more than to see some teams of old turn it around and get back in the game.

Dave Parker
    Willie Stargell

Omar Moreno anyone?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Pirates are an amazing story. Our losses to them should not be viewed as harshly as many have done.
    Posted by moonslav59

Agreed !  They are having a good year. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

We will see how the Yanks hold up without Arod for a while. It has been an issue in the past. Will Tampa pass them at least for a while?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Maybe his cousin can travel with Colon for a while, for those regular tweaks that are needed from time to time.

Sections
Shortcuts