Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V

In Response to Re: Tampa Bay Is Not Going Away: Part V:
    [QUOTE]I often negect to compliment Moonslav on what he brings to this forum. He, Katz, and Boomerang are vital to the sanity, logic, and reason on this forum. They don't generate hits like Babe and Softlaw do and thus Harness is not that impressed by them. Some appreciate quality and others (Burrito, Harness) dig quantity and entertainment.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Nice try, jerk. When's you next session?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think it unfair to lump me in with harness, I don't dig quantity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree Burr, but your favorite poster is softy, and he holds the record for most posts and most posts without validity or truthfulness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I think it unfair to lump me in with harness, I don't dig quantity.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Oh, of course. You simply get off dissecting threads for individual post count.
    To you, thread success rate depends on post numbers.

How the hell do you live with yourself?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Jennings with another 2 hits tonight (by the 5th inning). Maybe TB will feel safer dealing Upton, knowing they have this kid, Joyce and Fuld to man the OF this year and several more to come.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Now, it's Ok for you to bump this thread up.

Such an opportunist.

I'm still here. I will admit I am wrong, and it certainly looks like I was wrong on both aspects of my projection:

1) Wrong on the TB talent level.
    2) Wrong on thinking there would be a low win WC this year.

I am here.

I'll be here.

Where will you be?

What will your next ID be?

"sillysoftclown"?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The NYT is in the hands of big business, just as Obama is.

You are in the hands of your own delusional world.

"Propaganda" implies lies and distortions. The biggest liar on this site is you and your past aliases.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

My only objection to this thread is that it is Part V of a subject that didn't need to be brought up time and time and time and time again.  Enough already.  The Rays don't have it this year, but have been in the playoffs a lot in recent years. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I can never reply to posts or start discussions when I am signed in any more, so I will post here, but I really wanted to start a new thread on this.

Toronto is making some agressive moves.  Does anyone here think they will end up in 3rd place over the Rays, or did they just give up too much pitching and this is all about next year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I can never reply to posts or start discussions when I am signed in any more, so I will post here, but I really wanted to start a new thread on this. Toronto is making some agressive moves.  Does anyone here think they will end up in 3rd place over the Rays, or did they just give up too much pitching and this is all about next year?
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Hey parhunter, I think the Jays have a good chance of coming in 3rd.  I just read an article on the the Rays offering Jeff Niemann and JP Howell for Rasmus but Colby was sent to the Jays instead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This dicvision will be tougher and tougher in years to come.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]You are delusion to think that even a moron doesn't know you are a NYT shill.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

How, pray tell, is he a NYT shill? The delusion tag rests on you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

nh, I detest the NYT. They represent all that is wrong with the print media. No, they aren't the worst, but they are bought and sold by big business, and will sell the lies of whatever our gov't tells them to sell. Years later, the print the truth, but neglect to mention how they played a part in all the deception.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Rays are done indeed.
    I really hope that this is the year when the Red Sox and Yankees finally meet in the ALCS. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I always thought billyboy had problems with numbers, and the above confirms it.

First and foremost, he needs to look at the wild card standings in the AL.  When he does, he will see the Yankees 8.5 game ahead of the Rays, and the Yankees have not only good pitching, but very good hitting.  Plus the Angels, with good pitching and not so good hitting, are now ahead of Tampa in the wild card race. 

Secondly, it isn't just the Sox and Yankees with fewer losses than Tampa's 50, it's also Texas, the Angels, Detroit, and Cleveland. 

Of course, stranger things have happened than coming back from being down 8.5 games in late July, so Tampa could still turn things around.  But the trends do not justify billyboy's optimism for the Rays. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Billyboy has no optimism for the Rays and never did. He said they were out of it last year at this time too. It was I who said they were not going away this year and into the future.

I have been wrong before, and it looks like I was wrong again.

(Sidenote: I projected 90-92 wins and softy projected 88. Over a 2-4 game differential, he has acted like he is the genius and I am an idiot over this tiny amount. Silly clown.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Nothing wrong with thinking and saying the Rays are competitive.  But five threads on that subject? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing wrong with thinking and saying the Rays are competitive.  But five threads on that subject? 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Part I was last year, after softy had saaid they "would go away" because they could not afford to make a dealine deal to stay competitive. Part II, I believe was after they archived all the old threads: it was just a continuation of Part I. Part III was to start this season and give my opinion that they would be competitive "to the end" and to stick a lil jab at the silly clown. Part IV was a result of archived thread again, I believe. Part V was started after they closed most threads a while back. Think of it as one thread that has gone on for about a year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The Rays are done indeed. I really hope that this is the year when the Red Sox and Yankees finally meet in the ALCS. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

That would be the logical matchup this year.   Unless the Rays start to turn things around, they are done for this year. 

Sections
Shortcuts