Tampa's Rotation for the ALDS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Tampa's Rotation for the ALDS

Game 1 - Matt Moore

Game 2 - Archer / Price

Game 3 - Price / Archer

Game 4 - Cobb

Game 5 - Matt Moore

3 games vs. two of the best lefties in baseball. It will be a touch series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Tampa's Rotation for the ALDS

It will be:

1 Moore

2 Price

3 Cobb

4 Archer or Moore on 3 days

5 Price

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Fri Moore (-1 day rest)

Sat Price (normal rest)

Mon Cobb (normal rest)

Tue Moore (-1)

Thu Price (normal)

or

Fri Price (-1)

Sat Moore (normal)

Mon Cobb (normal)

Tue Archer

Thur Price (normal)

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Fri Moore (-1 day rest)

Sat Price (normal rest)

Mon Cobb (normal rest)

Tue Moore (-1)

Thu Price (normal)

or

Fri Price (-1)

Sat Moore (normal)

Mon Cobb (normal)

Tue Archer

Thur Price (normal)

Sox4ever

moon, Moore pitched Sunday.  Friday he will be on 4 days rest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fri Moore (-1 day rest)

Sat Price (normal rest)

Mon Cobb (normal rest)

Tue Moore (-1)

Thu Price (normal)

or

Fri Price (-1)

Sat Moore (normal)

Mon Cobb (normal)

Tue Archer

Thur Price (normal)

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Correct. My bad.

It's going to be a lefty in 4 of 5 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yep, it's the Doomsday Scenario all right.  We have to meet the challenge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Price 1. Doomsday? Worse. Better see a lot of XB in this series. If not, ouchie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

Fri Moore (-1 day rest)

Sat Price (normal rest)

Mon Cobb (normal rest)

Tue Moore (-1)

Thu Price (normal)

or

Fri Price (-1)

Sat Moore (normal)

Mon Cobb (normal)

Tue Archer

Thur Price (normal)

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

There's a good chance Price won't pitch game 2, given that he threw 127 pitches on Monday and Madden may want to give him extra rest. Keep in mind that game ended at 10:30PM CST Monday, and Saturday's game 2 starts at 5:30PM EST, so in essence he has a little less than full rest.

Madden would probably rather matchup Price with Buchholz in Tampa and have Archer face Lackey in Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

There's a good chance Price won't pitch game 2, given that he threw 127 pitches on Monday and Madden may want to give him extra rest. Keep in mind that game ended at 10:30PM CST Monday, and Saturday's game 2 starts at 5:30PM EST, so in essence he has a little less than full rest.

Madden would probably rather matchup Price with Buchholz in Tampa and have Archer face Lackey in Boston.

I agree Price may be a little tired, but I'm sure he will start Game 2.  Game 5 is on Thursday so if there's a Game 5 Price would be able to start it on regular rest.

Your plan would mean Price could only pitch one game.  Can't see Maddon doing that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am not the least bit concerned.I have complete faith in the ability of this team. I'm not worried about the Rays starting rotation. It's been well documented on this board that our DH is clutch against the tough pitchers and that Big Papi hits best against the best pitchers. It's also been well documented that the Red Sox have apparently ridden into the post season squarely on the bat of Ortiz. So..given that

a) Ortiz does best against strong pitching

and

b) The main reason we made it to the post season is Ortiz' bat

Then the only logical conclusion one could reach is that we will be just fine against the Rays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am not the least bit concerned.I have complete faith in the ability of this team. I'm not worried about the Rays starting rotation. It's been well documented on this board that our DH is clutch against the tough pitchers and that Big Papi hits best against the best pitchers. It's also been well documented that the Red Sox have apparently ridden into the post season squarely on the bat of Ortiz. So..given that

and

Then the only logical conclusion one could reach is that we will be just fine against the Rays.

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha...funny stuff.   Ever think that maybe you are over-reacting to what you see as over-reacting by the Ortiz supporters?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

1.  You are late to this discussion, which started days ago.  Playing games on Monday and Wednesday has actually proven advantageous for the Rays.  The Sox have been on a five day hiatus, which is not good for hitters.  The Rays, on the other hand, have only played games on Monday and Wednesday, so they will not be tired on Friday.  Far from it.  They will be relaxed and confident. 

2.  Moore and Price have been great against the Sox this year because we have a tough time against good lefties.  No way Price doesn't pitch Saturday on normal rest.  My guess is the 127 pitches on Monday barely got him warmed up because he absolutely did not have to go back out for the 9th inning, not with a 6-2 lead and a good bullpen behind him.

3.  Because Price goes against Lackey on Saturday, Lester vs. Moore on Friday becomes almost a must win for the Sox.  Cobb vs. Buchholz on Monday in Tampa probably also favors the Rays because Buchholz is not quite back in his early season groove. 

4.  Price will also be available for game 5 on normal rest. 

Fri Moore (-1 day rest)

Sat Price (normal rest)

Mon Cobb (normal rest)

Tue Moore (-1)

Thu Price (normal)

or

Fri Price (-1)

Sat Moore (normal)

Mon Cobb (normal)

Tue Archer

Thur Price (normal)

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

moonslav, please note:  my comments above were directed at ADG, not you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fri Moore (-1 day rest)

Sat Price (normal rest)

Mon Cobb (normal rest)

Tue Moore (-1)

Thu Price (normal)

or

Fri Price (-1)

Sat Moore (normal)

Mon Cobb (normal)

Tue Archer

Thur Price (normal)

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Price will pitch game 2, so he can pitch game 5. 100% certainty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

moonslav, please note:  my comments above were directed at ADG, not you. 

Understood.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

and

[/QUOTE]

Papi does hit good pitchers well, but this year he struggled vs lefties, including a .583 OPS vs Price. He is 2 for 6 with an HR vs Moore though.

Career:

.607 vs Price in 42 PAs

1.346 vs Moore in 13 PAs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

if Maddon doesnt have Price setup to pitch 2 games if neccessary than he truly is insane.

count on him for 2 & 5.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The Red Sox game plan vs the Rays starters will be much the same as their approach all season..make them work drive up thier pitch counts, manufacture a couple of runs early in the game and get a few timely hits. End of the day if we're to advance Lester and Lackey both are going to have to bring thier respective A games and match Price and Moore zero for zero. While the gaol is to win both games at Fenway, if we split the first two, I think both teams would take that...Heading to Tampa I like our chances in games 3 and 4 with Buccholz v Cobb and Peavy v Archer Or Moore...again if they split the two in Tampa...It's then sets up a win or go fishing Game 5 at Fenway that promises to be a game of the ages. 

So heading into this post season Jon Lester who's on top of his game has the chance to once and for all prove that he is a big game pitcher who can take his team deep into the postseason...

"Big Game Pitchers, Pitch Big, in Big Games". 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

if Maddon doesnt have Price setup to pitch 2 games if neccessary than he truly is insane.

count on him for 2 & 5.

I think it is possible that he goes w/ Moore in 1 and 5 but.......has Price ready to come out of the pen in G5....Like G8 of the 08 ALCS and if that doesn't make your blood boil I don't know what would......We can't let him beat us in 2 ALC's......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

The Red Sox game plan vs the Rays starters will be much the same as their approach all season..make them work drive up thier pitch counts, manufacture a couple of runs early in the game and get a few timely hits. End of the day if we're to advance Lester and Lackey both are going to have to bring thier respective A games and match Price and Moore zero for zero. While the gaol is to win both games at Fenway, if we split the first two, I think both teams would take that...Heading to Tampa I like our chances in games 3 and 4 with Buccholz v Cobb and Peavy v Archer Or Moore...again if they split the two in Tampa...It's then sets up a win or go fishing Game 5 at Fenway that promises to be a game of the ages. 

So heading into this post season Jon Lester who's on top of his game has the chance to once and for all prove that he is a big game pitcher who can take his team deep into the postseason...

"Big Game Pitchers, Pitch Big, in Big Games". 

Well put. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yes, the Sox have a great opportunity to give the Rays payback for the last 5 years and Lester has a great opportunity to prove he is a top tier pitcher.  I hope they all relish the chance and don't cowar the way some fans are.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Yes, the Sox have a great opportunity to give the Rays payback for the last 5 years and Lester has a great opportunity to prove he is a top tier pitcher.  I hope they all relish the chance and don't cowar the way some fans are.......

I doubt that any of the Sox players will cower nor do I see any of the Rays doing so...We've got a bunch of gamers, our lineup will grind out quality at bats, whomever is on the bump will compete. ditto the Rays..Win or lose both teams have plenty of fight in their dogs. I expect a hard fought series one where every pitch is contested with each game decided by two runs or less. In the end we earned home field and now it's up to those that play between the lines to protect that advantage...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think Lester will pitch a great game in Game 1 and I don't think we'll let Price off the hook the way the Rangers did (for our G2).......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, now we will see whats what.  Our line-up is built to perform optimally vs. righties and grind out at bats.  Now we will face great lefties who throw strikes and don't let guys grind at-bats.  Something has to give.  Whatever the case, I don't care.  I love this!  Division arch rivals who know eachother this intimately, post-season, again.  Exciting, scary stuff.

Sections
Shortcuts