Taz-mania

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Taz-mania

In Response to Re: Taz-mania:
    Sure, his best start by far but he got shelled in the others - sometimes you can get lucky when you have poor stuff but usually you get shelled - and he did and his first appearance was the ARoids Walk-Off......
    Posted by andrewmitch

... again ... 2009 ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

OK, I'll remember that are only interested in stats for "right now"......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

OK, I'll remember that are only interested in stats for "right now"......
    Posted by andrewmitch

We're only interested in stats from when a player is healthy when making projections.  He wasn't healthy late 2009.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Taz-mania : We're only interested in stats from when a player is healthy when making projections.  He wasn't healthy late 2009.
    Posted by JB-3
    And it was his forst season playing baseball in North America, and he was 23...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Roy Halladay had an ERA over 10 at age 23.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey is his "stuff" good enough to be an effective 1-2 inning middle reliever in the AL East? Probably. We have all seen lessor arms do well enough over the years.

The Red Sox sure could use him if he can get it done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I've never seen him come close 93 but OK....Like I said, I'd be cautious because I don't think his stuff is very impressive although his slider down in the zone is pretty wicked which I hadn't seen until this year.....

Here's what Soxprospects says...

Fastball sits 88-92 mph. Can top out at 93 mph, but flattens out at higher velocities. Solid-average fastball command.  Effective in lower tier of strike zone. Must stay out of middle of the plate and work on the corners consistently. 76-79 mph curveball grades as solid-average.  Shows tight rotation and depth down through the strike zone.  Leans on curve to get outs ahead in the count.  Can hang at times.  Low-80s split-fingered changeup has plus potential.  Shows tumbling action similar to a forkball and fools hitters due to appearing like his fastball.  Swing-and-miss potential at major league level. 78-82 mph backdoor slider has been slow to return since surgery.  Offering showed tight break and ability to throw for strikes previously.  Excellent control of arsenal.  Projects as a 6th/7th inning reliever on a contender. Ceiling of a back-of-the-rotation starter on a second division team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey I wish him a long good career, hopefully here. For the moment he is a fresh arm where most batters have not seen him before, if the team can get one good year out of Taz better now than later.

Sections
Shortcuts