Taz: Should I like these numbers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Taz: Should I like these numbers?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/event_hr.cgi?id=tazawju01&t=p

Does it seem to anyone else that he gives up long balls particularly when it matters?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Taz: Should I like these numbers?

Pressure.  If you compare last yr and this yr of Taz, last yr was more of a long relief in a game where he didn't have a decision factor.  Taz was mainly used in a game where there was large score gap whether the Sox were winning or losing.  Not alot of pressure there.  This yr?  He's our late inning guy with 1 or 2 runs lead.  Taz allowed 1 HR in 44 innings last yr and 7 HRs in 46.1 innings this yr.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Personally, Im not sure whats wrong with him. Is he tired? does he need a DL stint and catch his breath for the final run? Are hitters on to him? Ahhh, the life of a middle reliever...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

is it just me or does this seem typical for middle relievers?  1 year light out / next year mediocre.  As lefty7's suggests...perhaps a quick 15 day "pulled muscle" stint will get him back on track.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

is it just me or does this seem typical for middle relievers?  1 year light out / next year mediocre.  As lefty7's suggests...perhaps a quick 15 day "pulled muscle" stint will get him back on track.......

They cant do that.  He is one of only 4 or 5 guys that they think they can rely on. As much as people hated on Bailey it sure would be nice if he were still around.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

They cant do that.  He is one of only 4 or 5 guys that they think they can rely on. As much as people hated on Bailey it sure would be nice if he were still around.

I hope he can figure things out because he can go out there in the 8th for us anymore. maybe give him the 6th or 7th for now, but hes been very pedestrian this year. Im a fan of his and enjoy watching him pitch, but he cant be relied on right now in that situation.

Im betting that Farrell sticks with his guy though. Id consider Britton. Kids got some mojo goin right now and can get both sides out equally.