TAZAWA = KOJI, bullpen should be lights out!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: TAZAWA = KOJI, bullpen should be lights out!

If they only had a closer!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they do. and if he doesn't work out they have 3-4 other guys who can step into the role.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great post! Now, the only thing less to do for the pen is to bring back Tim Wastefield to eat innings and spot start and provide roster savings by being both a pen clean-up option and a decent starter.

[/QUOTE]

you really are not going to drop the wakefield thing are you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Great post! Now, the only thing less to do for the pen is to bring back Tim Wastefield to eat innings and spot start and provide roster savings by being both a pen clean-up option and a decent starter.

Actually Tim Wakefield (that was who you meant right?) was very very good in that role. Maybe Ben will bring up Steven Wright so you have another knuckleballer to hate...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they do. and if he doesn't work out they have 3-4 other guys who can step into the role.

[/QUOTE]

Bailey showed nothing last year as a closer.  A 7.04 ERA and three blown saves out of 9 chances, including one in Yankee Stadium.  They have a bunch of 7th and 8th inning guys, maybe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I'd like to see Tazawa start.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

Actually Tim Wakefield (that was who you meant right?) was very very good in that role.

No, he was so bad at that role his market value was zero in 2012.

[/QUOTE]

In 2011 he was pretty bad in every role. As far as I know Tim didn't play professional baseball in 2012. I find it telling that you need to continue to bring him up almost 2 years later. But not to worry, you'll soon have Steven Wright to spew your vitriol on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Tim Wakefield helped the Red Sox win two World Series, played many years for under market value, was a dedicated Red Sox.  Gave it his all every time.  Anybody who continues to criticize him for anything is an idiot.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bailey showed nothing last year as a closer.  A 7.04 ERA and three blown saves out of 9 chances, including one in Yankee Stadium.  They have a bunch of 7th and 8th inning guys, maybe.

[/QUOTE]

your going to throw ERA at me in a sample size of 15.1 innings?! get real. not to mention he was coming off of a thumb injury... thumbs are pretty important to pitching no? when healthy, this dude is lights out. period. and if he gets hurt again we have multiple guys who can step in and close with success. Aceves (see 2012), bard (groomed for the closer role before attempting to start and blowing his mechanics up), Tazawa (one of the best all around pitchers on the team), melancon (closed for the astros with success).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point, and the Sox do have good depth in the bull pen looking better on paper then last years pen. I would like to see the Sox resign Padilla for one year. My concern is Bard, can he rebound after a bad coaching decision last year. Bard will not be starter but can get confidence back in the bull pen, with one inning appearances next season will tell. There is a lot of if's with Bailey as the closer but i don't know until spring training arrives. I will not judge a Bailey who had unfortunate injury last year, and i just wish the best to him by proving to the fans/ myself also that he will be closer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point, and the Sox do have good depth in the bull pen looking better on paper then last years pen. I would like to see the Sox resign Padilla for one year. My concern is Bard, can he rebound after a bad coaching decision last year. Bard will not be starter but can get confidence back in the bull pen, with one inning appearances next season will tell. There is a lot of if's with Bailey as the closer but i don't know until spring training arrives. I will not judge a Bailey who had unfortunate injury last year, and i just wish the best to him by proving to the fans/ myself also that he will be closer.

[/QUOTE]

i really liked padilla but we do not need him. we have so many guys between the 25 man roster and AAA that it is not needed at all. even if 2-3 guys go down we have BP arms waiting in the wings to step in and perform.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think Bailey will be fine as our Closer.....he has had great success in the role before....I can give him a break for an injury shortend year. Figuring we have 7 BP spots including the Closer....and we Have Bailey, Aceves, Tazawa, Uehara, Miller, Breslow, Bard, Melancon , which is eight and furthe Depth of Mortenson and Carpenter, and possibly Morales if we add a Starter...someone of this group should be used along with a Catcher and maybe Ells or a Prospect for the Starter we need. Just to drive Sofy(the supreme hater of Knuckleballers) crazy, the Mets are in desperate need of a Catcher and BP help, I cant believe you couldnt get Dickey from them for Salty, maybe Miller or Melancon, and a Top 5 Prospect, instead of the two Top 3 prospects they were seemingly asking for. I bet they would take Bard, but I hate to give up on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you must be * years old!

Sections
Shortcuts