Technical Help.... BDC Support

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Technical Help.... BDC Support

I am numb to the solution for my problem.  The past two days when I click on the forum, or any BDC forum, it does not open properly.  It is a narrow strip as shown in my 'paste' below. I need it to open in full page as we are accustomed to.  Anyone can save me from this and I will be at your service throughout BDC eternity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Technical Help (SOLVED) thanks...

Burrito,

Try to click your cursor - and hold it - on the right edge of the page and pull it to the right.  Don't know it it will work, but I've done that on WordPerfect when it was acting up.

I'm sure an IT guru here will really help soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Burrito,
    All i did was close BDC when its happened to me, then open it..If u use firefox, just restart that...Sorry, but thats about the extent of my computer knowlege..Hope it helped..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No luck.  I updated firefox, and i normally use safari - still a condensed view of all the threads.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Burrito, I've encountered the same problem on occassion and have yet to figure out a solution.  It seems to resolve itself within a 24-hour period.  I've concluded that it's a Globe problem, but I could be wrong.

For your benefit, I tried to download a file, without any luck, that I find comforting when faced with these type situations.

Email me at rarob@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

it's just bdc's issue of the week...nothing in this world is perfect...they seem to have fixed it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Has happened to me previously, and like Dustcover said earlier, it fixed itself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Thanks guys - yeah it has not corrcted itself for 48 hours... though it did a few weeks ago when it happened before.  I am using Safari 5.0... but it seems to be a direct problem with the FORUMS, not any other part of their site.  Many thanks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Technical Help (SOLVED) thanks...:
    Thanks guys - yeah it has not corrcted itself for 48 hours... though it did a few weeks ago when it happened before.  I am using Safari 5.0... but it seems to be a direct problem with the FORUMS, not any other part of their site.  Many thanks
    Posted by BurritoT

Burrito, try going to page setup and make sure that shrink to fit is enabled this may help. Not exactly sure how you get to that on Safari but try looiking under file.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Burrito was wise to start this thread.  It's been an issue for a week, and is a tech problem with BDC forums. They are fully aware of it now and have addressed it, at least temporarily.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Good Morning: Thank you for writing to Boston.com. Please try visiting the site again. If you continue to have trouble, you might wish to reload the page while holding down your shift key, or clearing out your cache and deleting your recent internet history to ensure that your computer is not accessing an older saved version of the site. If this does not resolve the problem, or if there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to write back. 

Kind regards,

Customer Support Team Boston.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Apologies, I should have followed up for everyone, especially those that tried to help me. The BDC support team answered my email within 24 hours, and I followed their advice to empty my cache, hold down the shift button while reloading the page, and it worked!

Thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I didn't do any of that, but it's nice to know. I brought it to their attention, but neither they nor I  knew whether the problem was on my PC or in their software. Once they realized the issue was on their end, they addressed it.

I'm sure this affected many others. The more people make them aware of it, the quicker it's dealt with. 

I do hope this issue has been permanently repaired.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Technical Help.... BDC Support

I'm hoping that the virus spamming Varitek as a genius is eliminated. The name of the virus is "Harness", so don't open that email attachment which is titled "Varitek has better CERA numbers than Johnny Bench".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Technical Help.... BDC Support

I do believe Tek would have stronger numbers than Bench in any capacity. See, Johnny's been out of baseball for some time now.

Getting back to technical help, are you admitting yourself to this fine cause?

Sections
Shortcuts