Terry Francona Gone: 10 Other Surprises in Store This Winter for Red Sox: Which one(s) will really happen?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Re: Terry Francona Gone: 10 Other Surprises in Store This Winter for Red Sox: Which one(s) will really happen?

I think 1, 2, 5, and 9. The rest is up in the air.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: Terry Francona Gone: 10 Other Surprises in Store This Winter for Red Sox: Which one(s) will really happen?

In Response to Terry Francona Gone: 10 Other Surprises in Store This Winter for Red Sox: Which one(s) will really happen?:

"Bartender, I'll have what this guy is drinking."

8-> day dreaming

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Terry Francona Gone: 10 Other Surprises in Store This Winter for Red Sox: Which one(s) will really happen?:
    [QUOTE] From Bleacher report 1. David Ortiz Goes Elsewhere 2. Kevin Youkilis Becomes the Full-Time DH 3. Daisuke Gets Dealt  4. Jose Iglesias Becomes the Starting Shortstop    5. The Sox Sign Aramis Ramirez 6. Rather Than C.J. Wilson, the Sox Sign CC Sabathia 7. Edwin Jackson Signs with Boston 8. Boston Signs Carlos Beltran 9. Bobby Jenks Gets Traded 10. John Lackey Calls It Quits
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I will counter.

1. Ortiz comes back.
    2. Youk gets dealt for Ethier.
    3. Daisuke is stll recovering and won't pitch for the Sox or anyone else.
    4. Scutaro is the SS and deserves it.
    5. Agree on ARam.
    6. No chance on either. But Sox sign Harden.
    7. Sox trade Jacoby in a pkg with Clay and get Felix.
    8. No Carlos- Yes Cuddyer.
    9. We are stuck with Jenks but Wheeler is toast.
    10. John Lackey is dealt to the NL(maybe St. Louis) and we eat a big chunk of the contract and get nothing in return.

Lineup: Crawford/Pedroia/ARam/Agon/Papi/Cuddyer/Ethier/Scutaro/Salty
    SP: Felix/Josh/Lester/Harden/Miller(or Tazawa)
    Bench: Jose/Aviles/Kalish/Tek

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Terry Francona Gone: 10 Other Surprises in Store This Winter for Red Sox: Which one(s) will really happen?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Terry Francona Gone: 10 Other Surprises in Store This Winter for Red Sox: Which one(s) will really happen? : I will counter. 1. Ortiz comes back. 2. Youk gets dealt for Ethier. 3. Daisuke is stll recovering and won't pitch for the Sox or anyone else. 4. Scutaro is the SS and deserves it. 5. Agree on ARam. 6. No chance on either. But Sox sign Harden. 7. Sox trade Jacoby in a pkg with Clay and get Felix. 8. No Carlos- Yes Cuddyer. 9. We are stuck with Jenks but Wheeler is toast. 10. John Lackey is dealt to the NL(maybe St. Louis) and we eat a big chunk of the contract and get nothing in return. Lineup: Crawford/Pedroia/ARam/Agon/Papi/Cuddyer/Ethier/Scutaro/Salty SP: Felix/Josh/Lester/Harden/Miller(or Tazawa) Bench: Jose/Aviles/Kalish/Tek
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

i will counter with
    1) Ortiz is allowed to walk...
    2) Youk DH/3B
    3) Dice is a moot issue he won't even see the field in 2012
    4) Scutaro will be our starting SS for 2012 or until Iglesias take the job away
    5) I say no to Arimis and Yes to Ibanez
    6) there's a ton of #4 types available and Jackson would be a great fit...
    7) aint gonna happen in either of our lifetimes...
    8) Cuddayer is the #1 but we could also go with Rivera or Willingham...
    9) At this point neither of them figure in the plans...let Papelbon walk and sign Valverde and our pen will be fine...
    10) Lackey is an imovable object...If he wants out, he's gonna have to pitch himself out...as in show that he's closer to the Lackey circa 2002-2009 then the version that showed up at Fenway...As our #5 if we get 30 starts 200 IP and a sub 4.50 ERA then he'll earn his money...anything less and they should banish him to the bullpen mop up or cut'em...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i am really hoping for #10.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Beantowne,

Where is Raul gonna play?  Gotta be a better option than him.  And the reason I want Youk out is b/c I believe he is one of the problem children.  His ego and fat belly are bigger than his ability.  Dodgers need a 1B.  We need a RF.  Etheir-Pedey are buddies.  Make it happen.  I realize he is a left handed batter but he is a good hitter so I dont care. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Raul can DH, play 1B and LF...My thought with him is purley that I would like to have more flexibility then a guy that can only DH...Add him and Cuddeyer and the lineup would look like this...

CF  Ells
    2B  Pedrioa
    1B  Gonzalez
    3B  Youk
    DH  Ibanez
    RF  Cuddayer
    LF  Crawford
    C   Saltalmacchia
    SS Scutaro...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think you won't see the Sox spending as they did last year, so all the FA's mentioned Ramirez,CC,Wilson,Cuddayer,Ibanez none of the high priced players are coming to Boston! The sox feel like they got burned on Crappy Carl and though Gonzo was a great player he was slower than Papi running the bases and I didn't think that was humanly possible! Here's something to watch for the new manager and I'm guessing it's one of these three guys: Hoffman,Martinez or Pena and I base this upon the hirings of the last two guys Little and Coma,each time the sox signed a big name player their favorite coach showed up in year two as the Sox manager,Manny and Little and then Schilling and Coma. So extrapelating the obvious Crappy Carl and Martinez,and Gonzo & Hoffman. I threw Pena a bone because his son had a very good year at AAA for the Sox and it wouldn't surprise me to see him make the big team next year. My surprise 5th starter will be Alex Wilson. Since my crystal balls are presently not working I'm only guessing on these potential moves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE] From Bleacher report 1. David Ortiz Goes Elsewhere 2. Kevin Youkilis Becomes the Full-Time DH 3. Daisuke Gets Dealt  4. Jose Iglesias Becomes the Starting Shortstop    5. The Sox Sign Aramis Ramirez 6. Rather Than C.J. Wilson, the Sox Sign CC Sabathia 7. Edwin Jackson Signs with Boston 8. Boston Signs Carlos Beltran 9. Bobby Jenks Gets Traded 10. John Lackey Calls It Quits
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE] Of all of the mentioned moves on this list I can only pray that Iglesias is the starting SS for the Sox in 2012. As for Lackey he was the cancer that everyone was alluding to,I don't know what you do in his case. Maybe the sox let Theo go to Chicago but under the condition that he takes Lackey with him and the Cubbies send us Garza. Pretty good exchange! Cherrington will be the new GM should Theo don his Gorilla suit again!!!! here's a question for all of the seers in the neighborhood: If Paps takes a hike do you want Valverde or Bell?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

The 2012 free agent class    ........

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2001/04/potential-free-agents-for-2012.html

Keep in mind that John Henry will not exceed the luxury tax and is gun shy over the long term contracts of Lackey, Beckett, Crawford, and Gonzalez.    Drew saves some money and if Ortiz is not signed saves some money also.
    Signing Papelbon will not be cheap.     Ellsbury will win BIG in arbitration.

Sections
Shortcuts