Terry Francona has lost his marbles. Why? Substituting Jed Lowrie for Ortiz?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Terry Francona has lost his marbles. Why? Substituting Jed Lowrie for Ortiz?

Lowrie is only in a 1 for 22 slump, yet he puts him in Ortiz' spot in the order. 
    Are you kidding me? Didn't Lavarnway do a good job substituing for Ortiz when he was here the first time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1918Babe1918. Show 1918Babe1918's posts

Re: Terry Francona has lost his marbles. Why? Substituting Jed Lowrie for Ortiz?

You red flop fans make me laugh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Terry Francona has lost his marbles. Why? Substituting Jed Lowrie for Ortiz?

He is resting Ortiz just in case we make the play-offs.Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Lowrie is hitting like .300 with an OPS of .780 at Fenway this year, compared to his abysmal road splits.

It's not enough for me to put him in as cleanup/DH - especially vs. a RHP, even one as bad as Morrow.  But it is the best reaon I can think of to explain it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Burrito should be informed that Ortiz was scratched due to back spasms.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It was too late of a scratch to change the batting order

But these injuries are becoming common place now

It's almost as frustrating as their horrific start in April

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Terry Francona has lost his marbles. Why? Substituting Jed Lowrie for Ortiz?:
    [QUOTE]Lowrie is only in a 1 for 22 slump, yet he puts him in Ortiz' spot in the order.  Are you kidding me? Didn't Lavarnway do a good job substituing for Ortiz when he was here the first time.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Lowry shouldn't even be on the team - he's awful!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I was saying the same thing...Sub a power hitter for another power hitter, not some punch and judy hitter that has looked awful...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Terry Francona has lost his marbles. Why? Substituting Jed Lowrie for Ortiz?:
    [QUOTE]Lowrie is hitting like .300 with an OPS of .780 at Fenway this year, compared to his abysmal road splits. It's not enough for me to put him in as cleanup/DH - especially vs. a RHP, even one as bad as Morrow.  But it is the best reaon I can think of to explain it...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

And when did he do that? In April and early May. He's got a bum shoulder and he's probably up to 1 for his last 25. He's hitting .229 since he came back from his injury and has looked awful.

No reason to fear, Lavarnway should be in there tonight against the lefty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Jed Lowrie was 0 for 4 in his place, striking out twice, popping out, and grounding into a double play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Terry Francona has lost his marbles. Why? Substituting Jed Lowrie for Ortiz?:
    [QUOTE]Burrito should be informed that Ortiz was scratched due to back spasms.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

I wish you were on the forum DL with aching fingers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

All the good lefty hitters were already in the lineup against the Toronto righty starter.  In fact, all the good hitters were already in the lineup period. 

I love southpaw777's thought that a power hitter should sub for a power hitter.  Which one, pray tell?  Ortiz's OPS is in the top five in the American League. 

Me, I would probably have put Lavarnway in there, but in reality it was a Hobson's choice. 

Funny thing is, even if Francona had known before the game that Ortiz's back was bad, he would have had a tough time figuring out who to stick in as the DH.  He would have had someone else batting cleanup, but hard to say who was the best choice to DH.  Maybe Youk as DH and Aviles at 3B.

Today against the lefty Romero, if Ortiz is still out, Youk is likely to DH with Aviles at 3B. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]All the good lefty hitters were already in the lineup against the Toronto righty starter.  In fact, all the good hitters were already in the lineup period.  I love southpaw777's thought that a power hitter should sub for a power hitter.  Which one, pray tell?  Ortiz's OPS is in the top five in the American League.  Me, I would probably have put Lavarnway in there, but in reality it was a Hobson's choice. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

I think Lavarnway would be considered more of a "power hitter" than Jed, as you also suggested..So ultimately, we agree Thats who should have been in for papi..Morrow isnt good enough to have to put another LHH in there..Lav would've been the better choice IMHO..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And keep in mind the following:
    Lowrie's stats
    On the year: .252 AVG , .301 OBP, .359 SLUG , .660 OPS

Since September 1:  .042 AVG , .115 OBP, .042 SLUG, .157 OPS
    1 for 24 with 2 RBI's and a single.

He's made more errors in September than hits.

I'm not sure he's worth bringing back next year. He's an injury proned .252 hitter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]Jed Lowrie  was 0 for 4 in his place, striking out twice, popping out, and grounding into a double play.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Did you enjoy the rest of the game though. I mean the 18 hits and 18 runs. It seems that you have an acute case of Lowrie myopia and have an agenda to fixate on that so that you feel self-important in your trolling.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

My god they win 18-6 and you find something to complain about. Maybe Brady should have thrown for 600 yds if he had only....................

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

My god they win 18-6 and you find something to complain about. Maybe Brady should have thrown for 600 yds if he had only....................

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]My god they win 18-6 and you find something to complain about. Maybe Brady should have thrown for 600 yds if he had only....................
    Posted by wallyac[/QUOTE]
    That damn interception!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Eh cos he had back spasms. Although Lowrtie is awful in every sense. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

No reason to complain after an 18-5 win......eems to me like a gut decision by Tito....since it happened at the last second. If he had known Ortiz was out , after reviewing the numbers he might have made a better decision than Lowrie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m