Terry Francona likely on way out...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Terry Francona likely on way out...

... as Red Sox manager, according to these reports:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/manager-terry-francona-expected-to-part-ways-with-red-sox-092911

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/7952063-419/francona-wants-out-of-boston-white-sox-are-logical-landing-spot.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNRaleigh. Show RSNRaleigh's posts

Re: Terry Francona likely on way out...

Yup - just caught it on Twitter.

This is a good listen too - Bill Simmons podcast post-game - good rationale for why Tito has to go - lots of other good discussion points

Recent Tweet saying Chi White Sox will pursue Tito hard, predicting that is where he will end up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

1st order of business should be to fire the incompetent Epstein. Making Tito the fall guy is pitiful cover for InEpstein.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

This offseason is starting out good. Glad tito is out hope we get a manager who makes the players accountable and doesn't let these million dollar babies walk all over him and make excuses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsydla. Show jsydla's posts

epstein needs to follow.   he constructed this mess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I'm expecting nothing less than Henry, Werner and Luchino firing Epstein for fatal moves of incompetence over several years. The problem cannot be the solution to the problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carleverettwasright. Show carleverettwasright's posts

It's a shame that it looks like Tito is going to take the fall for all of this. You had a starting staff that on most nights would be lucky to stumble into the 6th. For 80% of the season there were two arms in the pen you could go to. Ellsbury was about the only player that exceeded expectations at the plate. Pedroia, A-Gone, and Oritiz checked in with average years. I guess you could make the injury excuse but outside of Buchholz (maybe), the players that landed on the DL had little to offer before they were injured. The FO did nothing to in terms of changes to the team though they struggled out of the gate.

Tito's going to take the fall for this but there's a list of guys who should go before he does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

thank god, the coma is gone. hopefully theo is next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Theo needs to go before Tito!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I suggest you folks read the articles from the links generously provided.
    It sounds to me like it's more a decision on Tito's part, not Theo's. He simply may not want to stay in the pressure-cooker in Boston after enduring 8 years of it, especially when he appears to have other options potentially offering more security.

If an immediate decision has to be made, and Tito is pushing the envelope, then pointing fingers at Epstein/FO is wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I don't care if Tito comes for one more year or not. Epstein firing should be the swift first order of business! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Re: Terry Francona likely on way out...:
    [QUOTE]Yup - just caught it on Twitter. This is a good listen too - Bill Simmons podcast post-game - good rationale for why Tito has to go - lots of other good discussion points http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7036983/underachieving-boston-red-sox-flunked-chemistry Recent Tweet saying Chi White Sox will pursue Tito hard, predicting that is where he will end up
    Posted by RSNRaleigh[/QUOTE]
    I bet Theo and Tito both go to the ChiWhiteSox

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

[QUOTE]I suggest you folks read the articles from the links generously provided. It sounds to me like it's more a decision on Tito's part, not Theo's. He simply may not want to stay in the pressure-cooker in Boston after enduring 8 years of it, especially when he appears to have other options potentially offering more security. If an immediate decision has to be made, and Tito is pushing the envelope, then pointing fingers at Epstein/FO is wrong.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Tito is pushing it because of his options..10 days after the season ends a decision has to be made. I think Tito wants out because of total frustration with the team and not being able to get them to do what he wanted them to do. His talks did not help nor did Theo's talks with the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree with most who believe that if Francona is fired, Theo should be also.  You have to blame both of them for this collapse.  Theo can be blamed for years of bad signings which has lead to the last two disappointing seasons. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]It's a shame that it looks like Tito is going to take the fall for all of this. You had a starting staff that on most nights would be lucky to stumble into the 6th. For 80% of the season there were two arms in the pen you could go to. Ellsbury was about the only player that exceeded expectations at the plate. Pedroia, A-Gone, and Oritiz checked in with average years. I guess you could make the injury excuse but outside of Buchholz (maybe), the players that landed on the DL had little to offer before they were injured. The FO did nothing to in terms of changes to the team though they struggled out of the gate. Tito's going to take the fall for this but there's a list of guys who should go before he does.
    Posted by carleverettwasright[/QUOTE]

if Tito had conditioned his players correctly and kicked azz when they slacked off, he still would be manager...our teams softness was directly a product of his managerial style - there is nothing wrong with our staff that 20 pounds off each pitcher wouldnt fix

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

i really hope he is gone!!! You put this guy as the mgr. of the rays or a small market team and they will have the worst record in baseball. The guy has a payroll of 160 million and he cant do shi t with it. Its not just this year. He gives games away to many times,leaves pitchers in or takes them out to late,never bunts the ball,pampers the players way to much and if you have a double header the guy plays for a split not a sweep of the d header. He is to relaxed and he never thought September would happen to him and he finally fuced up. Thank you Franhorrible. I WOULD LOVE TO OF HAD OZZIE but he's gone....Theo should do his home work and find the right mgr. to whip this team into shape!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

In Response to Terry Francona likely on way out...:
    [QUOTE]... as Red Sox manager, according to these reports: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/manager-terry-francona-expected-to-part-ways-with-red-sox-092911 http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/7952063-419/francona-wants-out-of-boston-white-sox-are-logical-landing-spot.html
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Good riddance. The guys' one of the worst baseball men in the business. Let him go ruin some other franchise. And hopefully we'll see Blunder go shortyl afterwards. Good riddance to him too. They both suck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Francona is an enabler and all that does is perpetuate a lack of discipline. He a great stats guy, just a terrible field manager.

Sections
Shortcuts