Terry on BBTN tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Terry on BBTN tonight

Been watching ESPN's filler for the rainout.  With regard to the booing of BV yesterday, Terry said that for the first three months of 2004 he thought his name was "you suck."  Pretty funny.  IMO he is so much easier on the ears as an analyst than Valentine, whom I found irritating.  I'm really glad ESPN picked him up.  I was sort of glad the Sox hired BV just so I wouldn't have to listen to him on BBTN anymore.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Terry on BBTN tonight

In Response to Re: Terry on BBTN tonight:
    [QUOTE]now the nitwits are saying,  "Tito's even a better baseball analyst than Valentine...he's easier on the ears!" Jesus H. Christ.....there really is a nitwit faction of Red Sox Nation.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]
    And just why do you think this is nitwitted, please?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tito won two world championships. That is something that you can never take away from him, and it is much appreciated by those of us who never thought we would live to see even one.  What happened was that his managing style eventually wore thin , and players took liberties with him. He was either unwilling or unable to correct the situation , and that led to his demise. Eight years is a long time in the high pressure situation of managing the Sox , and it takes its toll. He certainly seemed to be burnt out by the end. His being let go was justified. The leaking of his personal issues was not justified. He has every right to be mad about that. I have to say that I don't think his handling of the 100th anniversary invitation was done well. He refused to attend , which was understandable. Then he said he would attend, but only because of the fans. I'm sorry , but that smacks of pandering to the fans and ingratitude to the people who hired him and paid him well for those years. He then enjoyed the great reception he got from those fans. But , what he did was to undermine Valentine in the eyes of the fans. He should know better than that. It's okay for him to be bitter , but don't don't do that. Be professional. It is not Valentine's fault that Francona got fired. I hope he does well as an ESPN analyst , but he needs to remember that the viewers are not always looking for bland anecdotes, a little outspoken controversy is often entertaining and good for ratings.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

"the viewers are not always looking for bland anecdotes, a little outspoken controversy is often entertaining and good for ratings."

Agreed, denny.  I just thought it was a funny quote (the "you suck" thing), and we could all use a laugh right about now.  At least I could anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Terry on BBTN tonight:
    [QUOTE]"the viewers are not always looking for bland anecdotes, a little outspoken controversy is often entertaining and good for ratings." Agreed, denny.  I just thought it was a funny quote (the "you suck" thing), and we could all use a laugh right about now.  At least I could anyway.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    You are right. We all could use a laugh.  Hating the umpires and second guessing the manager are all part of the fun of being a fan. Sometimes we take it too seriously , but it is just a game , after all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

The celebration was about the Park and the fans.  And all the players and managers who had the opportunity to play in that historic arena.

Francona deserved to be there and be well received.  I don't see how it undermines Valentine or puts him in an akward position at all.  He is Bobby Valentine after all, he can do that all by himself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes Tito is "easy on the ear" so 

in fact that the players could not even hear him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Terry on BBTN tonight:
    [QUOTE]Been watching ESPN's filler for the rainout.  With regard to the booing of BV yesterday, Terry said that for the first three months of 2004 he thought his name was "you suck."  Pretty funny.  IMO he is so much easier on the ears as an analyst than Valentine, whom I found irritating.  I'm really glad ESPN picked him up.  I was sort of glad the Sox hired BV just so I wouldn't have to listen to him on BBTN anymore.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]That was exactly my thought when the Sox hired Bobby.

Sections
Shortcuts