Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating

PLEASE!!!!   D'Mac, to his credit, has come through in the last two nights, but one can not be expected to forget about how awful he has been game in & game out for 120+ games.  Pretty big sample?  Pretty consistent? 

I like the kid!  I really appreciate what he did for us LAST YEAR!  WE NEED somebody who can pick us up right now, & any honest Sox fan would agree that D'Mac is NOT THE GUY! 

It's OK to have an honest critique, albeit fatal, with one or two of our guys!!!!

Doesn't mean we're just being negative.  It's realistic!  BASED ON HARD DATA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  This is a ridiculous conversation!  If we're all being honest, NONE OF US would choose to put D'Mac out there!  I will assume Tito's hands are tied????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Agreed Hfx, but it still had to help Jed's confidence to finally grab three hits.  The Sox have a habit of resting players at the wrong times. 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

You lost a lot of credibility in the thread title and OP because you launched into the attack mode without checking your facts, then shot back that you can't be bothered to check facts before attacking Francona. 

Now you're attacking in all directions in hope of maybe making a point, but it ain't working, at least not on this thread.  Try again tomorrow maybe. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : You lost a lot of credibility in the thread title and OP because you launched into the attack mode without checking your facts, then shot back that you can't be bothered to check facts before attacking Francona.  Now you're attacking in all directions in hope of maybe making a point, but it ain't working, at least not on this thread.  Try again tomorrow maybe. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Crazy4 blows his credibility every night. It is nothing new.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]we got no choice tonight blame francona/theo for wanting to carry 12 pitchers
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

EVERY TEAM IN BASEBALL CARRIES 12 PITCHERS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hence the name.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]p.s.  This is a ridiculous conversation!  If we're all being honest, NONE OF US would choose to put D'Mac out there!  I will assume Tito's hands are tied????
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Tito has no choice. Imagine how it was with Cameron and DMac. I believe they will get a righty bat before the end of 8/31

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I think that you can write off Crazy4Sox as a Red Sox fan. Put him onto ignore and do yourself a favor. Better yet use your ignore button often. Weeding is a fulltime job in here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : Tito has no choice. Imagine how it was with Cameron and DMac. I believe they will get a righty bat before the end of 8/31
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I agree!  It's doubly difficult because of the unspoken component working the reverse magic of Softy's constant & insufferable refrain!

I really like the kid!  I've been pulling for him!!!  He really helped get things going yesterday, after Lav. went 0 - 2 w bases loaded!  BUT!!!!!   This just can't go on much longer!  We could afford to carry him for the past 2 months when things were rolling along!  NOW!!!!   WE NEED SOME REAL HELP!!!  I'm not attacking the guy, he's just incapable of giving us the help we desperately need with all the injuries!!! 

Come on fellas!  Knock off all the other BS!  I think we can agree on this????

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I think that you can write off Crazy4Sox as a Red Sox fan. Put him onto ignore and do yourself a favor. Better yet use your ignore button often. Weeding is a fulltime job in here.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

As for Crazy4Sox, it seems to me, that I've read some pretty positive posts from him????  He probably just got frustrated, like the rest of us......  Wasn't following the ins & outs of the pre game stuff...  Hey!  It's summer!!!  If I could get back to the Cape from Oregon, I'd be missing the pre-game after coming from the beach, half watching the game at Clancy's!  Cut the guy a break!

God!  I wish I could get home!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Swimming in the Cape waters!  Catching stripers!  Going to Clancy's / Chapin's!!!!  Watching the Sox with REAL Sox fans!!!!  From home!!!!   :)

Now that's living!!!!   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

REcent mini-succeses or not, the D-Mac experiment is done.  He really would not be difficult to replace.

I do still wonder why the Sox went after a utility INF at the deadline, but ignored OF depth...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : As for Crazy4Sox, it seems to me, that I've read some pretty positive posts from him????  He probably just got frustrated, like the rest of us......  Wasn't following the ins & outs of the pre game stuff...  Hey!  It's summer!!!  If I could get back to the Cape from Oregon, I'd be missing the pre-game after coming from the beach, half watching the game at Clancy's!  Cut the guy a break! God!  I wish I could get home!!!!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Crazy4Sox doesn't have very many positive posts but he is not as bad as Alibi Ike. He is Wet Blanket #1. I call him Alibi Gripe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating : You lost a lot of credibility in the thread title and OP because you launched into the attack mode without checking your facts, then shot back that you can't be bothered to check facts before attacking Francona.  Now you're attacking in all directions in hope of maybe making a point, but it ain't working, at least not on this thread.  Try again tomorrow maybe. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Max, he had none to begin with. But Pike's advice of putting him on IGGY is mean.
    We'll miss all the fun and future fabrication.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

here we go again..some 'im- posters' here continue to bash individual players.  Granted he is below the mendoza line, etc, etc...but the reason he is here is because many players have fallen apart with injuries and McD is versatile..can play 7 positions.  So just keep on whining about "certain pitchers" and players you don't like, but stop playing god to things you quite clearly and obviously no absolutely nothing about..get a clue before you whine

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Craze4 is a loose cannon much like Cater. They go off onto a rant before they think. They are loyal first and fail to digest the facts and be reasonable and logical. The fact that they never learn is ample to put them onto ignore - unless you enjoy debating a stone wall. Harness is like a shopkeeper "The customer is always right". 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The customer is always right

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Craze4 is a loose cannon much like Cater. They go off onto a rant before they think. They are loyal first and fail to digest the facts and be reasonable and logical. The fact that they never learn is ample to put them onto ignore - unless you enjoy debating a stone wall. Harness is like a shopkeeper "The customer is always right". 

You insult me like that after I compliment you. You are a crazy S.O.B. You know what, go fck yourself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]here we go again..some 'im- posters' here continue to bash individual players.  Granted he is below the mendoza line, etc, etc...but the reason he is here is because many players have fallen apart with injuries and McD is versatile..can play 7 positions.  So just keep on whining about "certain pitchers" and players you don't like, but stop playing god to things you quite clearly and obviously no absolutely nothing about..get a clue before you whine
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but did you say that MacDonald can play SEVEN positions?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I think that you can write off Crazy4Sox as a Red Sox fan. Put him onto ignore and do yourself a favor. Better yet use your ignore button often. Weeding is a fulltime job in here.

PawsoxPhil,

Only a fool would think I'm not a Sox fan just because I stated McD is not a great option off the bench.  Like dirtdog, suggested if every Sox fan was honest about there feelings there would be a lot more realistic posts on our board.  I'm not going to overlook an entire season by covering it up with two hits in three games like some of you.  I'm also not afraid to admit being wrong when a mistake gets made.  Francona had a choice last night to play Reddick in CF and Lowrie who finally had three hits the night before.  Instead he benched Jed in favor of his righty/lefty matchup that rarely works any better for the team.

Posters who use multiple screen names, can't accept anything but their own beliefs, correct everyones spelling, make excuses through twisted Stats and jump all over fellow fans for any negative thread have the real issues to deal with.

Sound familiar?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Terry's obsession with McD is frustrating:
    [QUOTE]I really don't know why we keep putting McD in the lineup.  Sure the guy may get one big hit every four or five games but with Wake or Lackey on the mound you need your best lineup, especially without Papi or Youk out there.  He had a triple last night, hopefully he can do something to help tonight.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Very good day by DMac today, thats right I gave credit where credit where it was deserved as I normally do.  Also a very nice game by Lavarnway, maybe one or two of his very few doubters will agree?  Or maybe not

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

DMac had an .812 OPS vs LHPs last season. Don't "gloss over" that either.

The problem is, we need 2 RH'd bats in the OF: one for CC and the other for Reddick. Since Tito will never bench CC vs most lefties, DMac is probably all we will have until Sept call ups or beyond.

Sections
Shortcuts