Tex hurt- Yankee devastation continues.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley--beni--2817. Show smiley--beni--2817's posts

Tex hurt- Yankee devastation continues.

Guys, Mark Texiera has been removed from Team USA due to a wrist injury.  It looks like the fragile Youk may have to take over at first, leaving the Yankees without a third baseman.  They already lack a centerfielder, shortstop and catcher and with Canp's imminent suspension, will be without a second baseman.  It is rumored that the Yankees will seek to play the Astros 19 times this year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Tex hurt- Yankee devastation continues.

how serious is the injury?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A few days ago, Ichiro was in a car accident (Ichiro is fine but his SUV is totaled). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

A few days ago, Ichiro was in a car accident (Ichiro is fine but his SUV is totaled). 

imagine if he did get hurt. yankees wouldn't be able to catch a break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

1. Gloating over the Yankees struggles tend to be a naive hobby as they have shown themselves willing to make moves until they get their team right. 

2. What does the Yankees issues have to do with our season? I get the feeling if the Yankees finish last in the AL East and we finish next to last that would be good enough for you. 

p.s. David Ortiz, a key to our offense being above average, is struggling with injuries. Our starting pitchers have had a heck of a time staying healthy in recent years. 

Why you would mock another team for injuries is beyond me, even if you are trolling. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

1. Gloating over the Yankees struggles tend to be a naive hobby as they have shown themselves willing to make moves until they get their team right. 

2. What does the Yankees issues have to do with our season? I get the feeling if the Yankees finish last in the AL East and we finish next to last that would be good enough for you. 

p.s. David Ortiz, a key to our offense being above average, is struggling with injuries. Our starting pitchers have had a heck of a time staying healthy in recent years. 

Why you would mock another team for injuries is beyond me, even if you are trolling. 

I can't speak for Smiley, and I certainly hope for a Red Sox playoff appearance or better, but still, I'll take what I can get as a fan.  As pathetic as it may seem, I'd still gloat if the Sox finished fourth and the Yankees fifth.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

I can't speak for Smiley, and I certainly hope for a Red Sox playoff appearance or better, but still, I'll take what I can get as a fan.  As pathetic as it may seem, I'd still gloat if the Sox finished fourth and the Yankees fifth.  

It's been a while (nee 2007) since you gloated then. Keep in mind Smiley said this last yr (Recall the standings), and before that. This yr, he may be right. NYY look awful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to smiley--beni--2817's comment:

Guys, Mark Texiera has been removed from Team USA due to a wrist injury.  It looks like the fragile Youk may have to take over at first, leaving the Yankees without a third baseman.  They already lack a centerfielder, shortstop and catcher and with Canp's imminent suspension, will be without a second baseman.  It is rumored that the Yankees will seek to play the Astros 19 times this year.

ah, there we are..the doom squad is on the march....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

It's been a while (nee 2007) since you gloated then. Keep in mind Smiley said this last yr (Recall the standings), and before that. This yr, he may be right. NYY look awful.

The Yankees finished ahead of the Sox in 2008?

News to me...

Always in such a rush to save the Yankees from the mean Sox fans....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

9:48pm: Brian Cashman told Dan Barbarisi that Teixeira felt a "pop" and he's concerned because wrists are tricky. Either way, the first baseman will be shutdown for a minimum of two weeks.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to smiley--beni--2817's comment:

As DAD would say.........  "SON, $$$$$$ can be a heavy BURDEN" !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And Robertson had a stiff neck last night.

The end is near cancel the season regroup and come back in 2014.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Gloating over the Yankees struggles tend to be a naive hobby as they have shown themselves willing to make moves until they get their team right. 

David Ortiz, a key to our offense being above average, is struggling with injuries. Our starting pitchers have had a heck of a time staying healthy in recent years. 

Why you would mock another team for injuries is beyond me. 

Says it all for me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Polly-'s comment:

silly premise by the writer, noone is about to get all warm and fuzzy over the Yanks' issues.......especially Sox fans :-)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

At least Teixeira got hurt during Spring Training and not during September in a playoff hunt. 

As a baseball fan, I wonder if the Yankees are going to play well like the Spurs or struggle like the Lakers.  Both the Spurs and Lakers are like the Yankees--an aging but talented team

Speaking of basketball, the Heat will win more games than the Marlins.   LOL

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Probabl meningitis

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

The Yankees finished ahead of the Sox in 2008?

News to me...

Always in such a rush to save the Yankees from the mean Sox fans....

Agreed, my mistake.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

how serious is the injury?

7-10 days.

or as silly beni likes to say...a whole season

Or 8-10 weeks, depending on how you look at it.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

"regroup and come back in 2014"

Great plan.

Aging players will be a year older.

Hal's budget will be smaller.

Oh yea, I forget. Great yankee prospects will save the day. My bad.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts