Texas or Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Texas or Detroit

If things remain the same, it looks like the AL East Champion will have to face Detroit and Verlander twice with the W.C (also from the AL East) having to face Texas and that dangerous line-up. 

Any preferences?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Texas or Detroit

Right now I'll take Detroit, even better would be the Indians, Texas is the deeper team now that their bull-pen has been upgraded with deadline deals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Texas or Detroit:
      Right now I'll take Detroit, even better would be the Indians, Texas is the deeper team now that their bull-pen has been upgraded with deadline deals.
    Posted by attic-dan

Verlander is a bit scary right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Anybody but Seattle.
    Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Indians are not for real. Detroit or Black Sox will win division. Either central team is weaker matchup than Texas or Angels, even with Verlander. As good as Verlander is, not much on pitching beyond Verlander. Yankees had no problems with Verlander lead Tigers, 2009. Rangers are a different story, though an inferior team in 2011, to 2010 Rangers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

It's a tossup but I feel like Texas has had our number over the past 2 seasons... despite the fact that they no longer have Cliff Lee, I still would rather face Detroit.  Their lineup is just not that good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

as the SOX stand right now, they couldn't beat either one in a 5 game playoff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Posted by -theyazzer-

Ask yourself how much money you'd be willing to risk on a straight-up bet that the Red Sox lose to the Tigers, if that's who they play.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Posted by -theyazzer-

And why is that?  According to your thought process, could the Yankees beat either one in a 5 game playoff?  If so, why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

We get to play Texas 6 games before the end of the season.  That should be long enough for our guys to figure out their pitching.   Texas beat us early on when the Sox were losing to everybody, Sox are a different team now.  Ironically if the Sox can't beat Texas in these upcoming games, that will most likely push the Sox down into the WC slot, and they will have to face them yet again in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston do not play six games against Texas, they will be playing seven games against Texas.  Four in Texas and three at Fenway.  I think Boston's schedule is very imbalance this year.  Playing 9 straight road games at NL cities, playing 7 games at Texas but only three at Fenway.  Why can they play four at Fenway, and 6 at Texas??  

Anyway, who I do prefer to play against?  Good question.  Texas starting rotation already have five guys that have won 10 games or more this year.  That is pretty scary.  For Detriot, they have far worst ERA than all possible playoff teams.  So in someway, you rather to face Detriot.  Cuz Detriot will go down to the wire and fight for the divison title.  They will not get the wild card.  Meaning there will be wear and tear on Detriot.  For Texas, they are leading the division by five games.  It is more likely Texas will be very well rest for the playoff.  

So I ll say Detriot for now.  Like someone said, hopefully Cleveland win the division.  Still Matterson owns us!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

should be We get to play Texas 6 games before the end of the season.  That long enough for our guys to figure out their pitching.   Texas beat us early on when the Sox were losing to everybody, Sox are a different team now.  Ironically if the Sox can't beat Texas in these upcoming games, that will most likely push the Sox down into the WC slot, and they will have to face them yet again in the playoffs.
    Posted by soxmeister

that'll be long enough to assure the SOX of a WC berth, and forget about 1st place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Texas or Detroit:
    If things remain the same, it looks like the AL East Champion will have to face Detroit and Verlander twice with the W.C (also from the AL East) having to face Texas and that dangerous line-up.  Any preferences?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Verlander or not I'm not worried about Detroit and I hope we play them.  Texas is the team the Sox and Yanks don't want to play in round one.  That's why it's important to focus against teams like the Mariners and not be passive after gettng a game or two lead on the Yanks like we have been.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: Texas or Detroit : And why is that?  According to your thought process, could the Yankees beat either one in a 5 game playoff?  If so, why?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Because they're the best team in the league.

Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Posted by -theyazzer-

Thats the spirit kiddo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

Boston do not play six games against Texas, they will be playing seven games against Texas.  Four in Texas and three at Fenway.  I think Boston's schedule is very imbalance this year.  Playing 9 straight road games at NL cities, playing 7 games at Texas but only three at Fenway.  Why can they play four at Fenway, and 6 at Texas??   Anyway, who I do prefer to play against?  Good question.  Texas starting rotation already have five guys that have won 10 games or more this year.  That is pretty scary.  For Detriot, they have far worst ERA than all possible playoff teams.  So in someway, you rather to face Detriot.  Cuz Detriot will go down to the wire and fight for the divison title.  They will not get the wild card.  Meaning there will be wear and tear on Detriot.  For Texas, they are leading the division by five games.  It is more likely Texas will be very well rest for the playoff.   So I ll say Detriot for now.  Like someone said, hopefully Cleveland win the division.  Still Matterson owns us!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

hey UCONN tell us about the pitcher  the Sox signed yesterday he looks like he could be a good one

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Who cares who they open against? Bottom line is they'll have to beat them all to win the Series.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Who cares who they open against? Bottom line is they'll have to beat them all to win the Series.
    Posted by LloydDobler

That's just not true I can see the Sox sweeping Detroit, and being able to set up pitchers for the ALCS,as Yanks and Rangers go 5 games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Texas or Detroit :    That's just not true I can see the Sox sweeping Detroit, and being able to set up pitchers for the ALCS,as Yanks and Rangers go 5 games.
    Posted by attic-dan

Uh ... what?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Texas or Detroit : Uh ... what?
    Posted by LloydDobler

If you don't think that match-ups matter, then their is nothing I can say. By your way of thinking if Sox make series they could play the Phills or Brewers makes no difference.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Texas or Detroit :   If you don't think that match-ups matter, then their is nothing I can say. By your way of thinking if Sox make series they could play the Phills or Brewers makes no difference.
    Posted by attic-dan

My bad, Dan, I went back and looked at the previous couple of posts and I was confused about what you were saying. This is what happens when you wake up at 5 a.m. for no damn reason, can't get back to sleep, and there's no Diet Coke in the machines at work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbosley. Show mattbosley's posts

Gotta go with Detroit.  I fear Verlander, Cabrera, and Vmart (especially against our leftys), but that Texas batting lineup scares me worse.  Someone else said it in this thread, but they really have had our number the last few years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Texas or Detroit : My bad, Dan, I went back and looked at the previous couple of posts and I was confused about what you were saying. This is what happens when you wake up at 5 a.m. for no damn reason, can't get back to sleep, and there's no Diet Coke in the machines at work.
    Posted by LloydDobler

You have my sympathy I too drink coke in morning, I like my caffeine cold.

Sections
Shortcuts