Texas Schooled!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Texas Schooled!

We put an old-school whoopin' on the boys from the Lone Star state.
    It was sheer pleasure to watch the offense explode.
    I must admit after watching CJ mow us down in the opener, I was worried. I did post ealier that 3-1 was a must.

Now, we face Oakland and I sure hope we are not lulled into the belief that this will be a cake-walk after drubbing Texas. We do have a tendency to relax against the weaker teams and our record against the West is notthing to wrte home about.
    So we need to keep our boot on the throat of the opponents, no matter who they be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: Texas Schooled!

It is nice that you were able to express a glimmer of contentment. Try to savor it. Put it into an airtight jar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

The Sox aren't doing that bad against the West, 18-11 to be exact. The sox have the best road record in MLB. I do agree they can relax against the weaker teams and hopefully they are not looking past the A's to the Yankee series which starts next Tuesday.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It definitely was great to see the Red Sox win the series against Texas.  They have struggled against them the past few years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Texas Schooled!:
    [QUOTE]It definitely was great to see the Red Sox win the series against Texas.  They have struggled against them the past few years. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Yeah Susan.  The Rangers have been the Sox' Huckleberry in recent years.  And, what a statement about this year too.  Sorry Arlington, this ain't April no more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ya know space, I kinda expected Lackey and "Beckett to pitch well seeing is how they are both texans and grew up in that heat. Miller on the other hand was a total and complete surprise to me. I just wanted him to keep it close. however, that said, the fact that our two biggest power hitters have shook off the affects of the home run derby and are now hitting the bejesus outta the ball, gives me great hope and confidence in our club going into sept. it wouldn't surprise me a bit if papi and agon hit atleast 10 more tatahs apiece in sept. and I haven't even mentioned pedy or ells either. how far is youk from coming back space? heard anything?

inquiring Hammahs have a need to know! Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Very big series for the Old Towne Team

We need Youk back......favorable news on Buck.........things are looking very good right now........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]ya know space, I kinda expected Lackey and "Beckett to pitch well seeing is how they are both texans and grew up in that heat. Miller on the other hand was a total and complete surprise to me. I just wanted him to keep it close. however, that said, the fact that our two biggest power hitters have shook off the affects of the home run derby and are now hitting the bejesus outta the ball, gives me great hope and confidence in our club going into sept. it wouldn't surprise me a bit if papi and agon hit atleast 10 more tatahs apiece in sept. and I haven't even mentioned pedy or ells either. how far is youk from coming back space? heard anything? inquiring Hammahs have a need to know!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Last I heard, the word was Sept. 1.  I feel like Sept is going to be a monster month if Youk comes back.  Crawford is back to the Crawford who I hated for years.  And Ells and Papi and Gonz are clicket-clack.  Septmeber is a very fine time for this stud line-up to be clicking on all cylendars for the first time this year.  And the rotation?  Real interesting now.  I want Timmy to get 200, but I don't see where you pitch him anymore.  You gotta ride Miller to see if these last couple starts are for real.  Anyway, good problem to have. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Texas Schooled! : Last I heard, the word was Sept. 1.  I feel like Sept is going to be a monster month if Youk comes back.  Crawford is back to the Crawford who I hated for years.  And Ells and Papi and Gonz are clicket-clack.  Septmeber is a very fine time for this stud line-up to be clicking on all cylendars for the first time this year.  And the rotation?  Real interesting now.  I want Timmy to get 200, but I don't see where you pitch him anymore.  You gotta ride Miller to see if these last couple starts are for real.  Anyway, good problem to have. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Miller was lights out. I thought Francona gave him the hook too early though, only what, 83 pitches?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Alibi!
    it was a good move. miller might have been getting tired from the heat. aceves is money and wheeler too. I think it was a good idea for tito to do what he did.
    maybe beckett and lackey can take 103 degrees. miller on the other hand......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Texas Schooled! : Miller was lights out. I thought Francona gave him the hook too early though, only what, 83 pitches?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are still handling him with kid gloves, as the are wont to do.  But, since it was only his second start back in the ro, and since he has looked so good since returning to the ro,  I am ok with getting him out while he was ahead in a psychological way.  Build on success.  And, it is not easy going from a bullpen routine to a starting routine.  Rather err on the side of precaution in stretching him out and let him loose in September.  I agree that he could have gone longer.  he looked just fine in the last inning.  But, I am ok with taking it slow with Andrew: a work in progress.  But I know your old-skool feathers get ruffled when a guy with juice left in the tank doesn't go nine.