Texas vs Tampa for one extra season game tomorrow.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Texas vs Tampa for one extra season game tomorrow.

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think Tampa's line up is much different now that they have Delmon Young - he could be scary and has had a lot of playoff experience and success......

But Rangers get back Cruz after his long lengthy suspension!!  not a good news for Rays!!

[/QUOTE]

true

but it could hurt us too

imagine getting beat by one of these 2 thugs?  A cheater and a bona fide thug?  I thought that was the reason why Tampa shipped him out?  I guess they are getting like the yankees - desperate to win at any cost......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Price is 1-4 career against Rangers, 5.98 era, in Texas he is 1-2, 10.26 era there.

Didn't pitch against them this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Tampa Bay's 3 fans get ready to cry ...

Leg up 2 at Nightmares Fear Factory haunted house - © Nightmares Fear Factory

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Price pitching the 9th and over 115 pitches.

Still, he could pitch Friday against us in game 1.

Moore pitched Sunday, so they probably will go with Moore Friday and Price Saturday.

That is, if they get by the Indians with Alex Cobb vs Salazar.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Price pitching the 9th and over 115 pitches.

Still, he could pitch Friday against us in game 1.

Moore pitched Sunday, so they probably will go with Moore Friday and Price Saturday.

That is, if they get by the Indians with Alex Cobb vs Salazar.

Sox4ever

i will be at the game saturday. i it's not against Price or the Rays.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Price is 1-4 career against Rangers, 5.98 era, in Texas he is 1-2, 10.26 era there.

Didn't pitch against them this year.

So much for that trend.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

It's Maddon throwing the dice Wed with Cobb against Cleve then having two lefties  Fri & Sat  with good chances to shut down Ortiz, Ells, Nava , Salty and Drew at home.

Perhaps force a weaker def. with Gomes playing LF and/ or Nava sitting the two games.

I think I might be inclined to play Ross in the opener agaist either Lefty as the better run defender.

Re: Young--I think every AL team had a shot at claiming him off waivers with the exception of the Sox and Tigers. Just another example of Maddon's Magic: Loney-FA. Three nice trades to pick up the Escobar,  Myers and DeJesus. Those five bats have had some impact.

Not much tinkering with the staff after the Wade Davis and Big Game James trade.

Price, Moore, Cobb, Helickson and Archer. They did have the injuries to Cobb and Helickson during the season. Then he picked up some no named relievers to go with Peralta and Rodney.

If it's Tampa this could be a highly contested, nasty series with the beards winning in 5 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

It's Maddon throwing the dice Wed with Cobb against Cleve then having two lefties  Fri & Sat  with good chances to shut down Ortiz, Ells, Nava , Salty and Drew at home.

Perhaps force a weaker def. with Gomes playing LF and/ or Nava sitting the two games.

I think I might be inclined to play Ross in the opener agaist either Lefty as the better run defender.

Re: Young--I think every AL team had a shot at claiming him off waivers with the exception of the Sox and Tigers. Just another example of Maddon's Magic: Loney-FA. Three nice trades to pick up the Escobar,  Myers and DeJesus. Those five bats have had some impact.

Not much tinkering with the staff after the Wade Davis and Big Game James trade.

Price, Moore, Cobb, Helickson and Archer. They did have the injuries to Cobb and Helickson during the season. Then he picked up some no named relievers to go with Peralta and Rodney.

If it's Tampa this could be a highly contested, nasty series with the beards winning in 5 games.

How can Gomes be a weaker defense playing at LF of Fenway Park???  He also may alot of nice diving catches this year.  If he is playing at Cleveland staduim or Tampa Dome, that is a whole different story.

But Boston still got Napoli, Pedrioa, Middlebrook, Gomes, Salty (batting right handed), and Bogaerts (I know he may not play, but who know he could pitch hit sometime in 6th to 9th inning).   That is alot of good right handed hitters batting against Price and Moore.  I do not foresee that Boston will have trouble.  If they pitch well, and keep the score down, and they could just win both games in a low scoring games.  Another thing is that if they throw in Lackey and Peavy, they can shut down Jennings, Longoria, Meyers, Young, Escobar, etc

Anyway, why worry about who have the ability to shut down on either club??  Boston won the season series against Tampa, meaning Boston do know how to beat them!!

First we do not have to worry about Tampa until they play Cleveland and see how it goes!!

Right now just relax and enjoy reading your book!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Had the Rays not had to play the play-in game, Price would have pitched Wednesday and probably not been available to face the Sox twice in 5 games (assuming they win with Cobb on Wed.)

Now, we probably will face Price or Moore twice and the other once (or twice if needed in game 5).

Go Indians!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Good morning everyone.  Laughing

I went to redsox.com and it said that there are no seats available for Saturday's game.  Does anyone know another site where I can get a ticket?  

Stubhub?  Craigslist?

Thanks.  Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I went to redsox.com and it said that there are no seats available for Saturday's game.  Does anyone know another site where I can get a ticket?  

Stubhub?  Craigslist?

Thanks.  Cool

BUY THE TICKETS FROM A SCALPER JUST KIDDING

I JUST LOOKED AT http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-sox-tickets/?gcid=C12289x486&keyword=50632_c&creative=32143111990&gclid=CK3E9Y3Z9bkCFckRMwodEHQA3Q

THERE IS PLENTY TICKETS LEFT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Stubhub?  Craigslist?

Thanks.  Cool

I haven't checked but Ace & Stubhub usually have tix.  But be prepared for your credit card to take a beating!

I'd stay away from CL for playoff tix.  I've used it for tix and never gotten burned but it's rumored to be a good place to buy phony tickets.  I'd stay away, especially for the playoffs.  JMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thank you GoUconn13 and S5 for your help!  I greatly appreciate it!   Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

UConn--

re. RH batters:   Salty and , until last weekend, Nava, their  BA against LH were substantilly lower than when they bat against RH pitchers.

Salty  Vs LH pitchers  .218            Vs  RH Pitchers-----.294

Nava  Vs LH pitchers  .252             Vs  RH Pitchers----.322

I think Drew has been 0-10 Vs. Price; ya, he's overdue. Don't know about Salty & Nava.

I also am inclined to leave Xander off the first round and go with McDonald and/ or Holt. As with Berry--someone that can put a bunt down may be a critical addition as well as playing 3 positions.

I agree re Gomes--he plays a good LF at Fenway.

The Rays have a few tough LH relievers---McGee, W. Wright, Ramos and Torres.

I will continue to read my book until midnight Wednesday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Had the Rays not had to play the play-in game, Price would have pitched Wednesday and probably not been available to face the Sox twice in 5 games (assuming they win with Cobb on Wed.)

Now, we probably will face Price or Moore twice and the other once (or twice if needed in game 5).

Go Indians!

[/QUOTE]

True but now they have to win 2 games now instead of one and G2 w/o Price or Moore