Thank You Ciriaco for Showing what a real SS is

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Thank You Ciriaco for Showing what a real SS is

In Response to Re: Thank You Ciriaco for Showing what a real SS is:
    [QUOTE]Iggy has a higher OBP than the bum, Aviles. The difference is Iggy is actually a SS and he can run well enough to steal bases when he gets on. The bum Aviles is a butcher in the field and his plate numbers are pitiful. And for the idiot who claims "I knew Aviles would do well", you are the only one clinging to that nonsense. And for the idiot talking about "reverse pivot", take a look at that soon to be departing bum Ellsbury has in average HR per season in the 5 years since he was named a starting Red Sox OF'er. He and Crawford are two of the biggest bum losers in Red Sox history. 30 million a year for part-time players. And for the snake idiot, you are the same dunce who claimed that Ciriaco was a flash in the pan. I started the thread, weeks ago, that Ciriaco needs to remain on the active roster and starting over that bum, Aviles. That thread was met by a bunch of iidots claiming "it's too early". No matter what Ciriaco does at the plate, he doesn't have to do antying to be better than Aviles and Ciriaco can field the position at a high level and has the speed that the butcher doesn't have. As for Iglesias, Aviles is the bum who needs to be traded or immediately optioned to AAA until he is traded. Punto needs to be moved over the winter. Iglesias needs to be added after roster expansion with Punto becoming a potted plant.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should return to the Cathy thread and "fill us in" on a subject you clearly are incredibly conversant in.  You sure know the ins & outs of that topic!
    It's ok softy, as you've said many times, your people aren't really known for your sports knowledge.  Stick with what you know man!  Nobody's gonna judge you here!   :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Snake, i have been saying that Iggy needs to be up in the majors....if his defense is good, then he needs to be exposed once and for all to ml pitching...he is languishing in the minors and since his glove is ml caliber, they need to take a leap or faith and let him try to bat here...success in triple A doesnt mean it will ensure success in mlb...and vice versa....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Snake, i have been saying that Iggy needs to be up in the majors....if his defense is good, then he needs to be exposed once and for all to ml pitching...he is languishing in the minors and since his glove is ml caliber, they need to take a leap or faith and let him try to bat here...success in triple A doesnt mean it will ensure success in mlb...and vice versa....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]That's exactly what I've been thinking. Iglesias might actually hit better in the bigs than he has in AAA given his aggressiveness at the plate as he'd likely see more strikes in MLB, especially in our lineup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Snake, i have been saying that Iggy needs to be up in the majors....if his defense is good, then he needs to be exposed once and for all to ml pitching...he is languishing in the minors and since his glove is ml caliber, they need to take a leap or faith and let him try to bat here...success in triple A doesnt mean it will ensure success in mlb...and vice versa....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I don't mind iggy.   I just like poking fun at softy when bored.

I think he should get a September call up and have a shot at winning the job next year in ST.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank You Ciriaco for Showing what a real SS is : That's exactly what I've been thinking. Iglesias might actually hit better in the bigs than he has in AAA given his aggressiveness at the plate as he'd likely see more strikes in MLB, especially in our lineup.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

and he will stop pressing at the plate....im thinking every at bat in AAA he has to be thinking, "I've got to get a hit or I will never see Fenway"....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Is there a need to use the three letter word--more than trotter had been after the Sox to bring up Ciriaco. BobbyV. has wanted him since ST.

The Sox would be further in the cellar without Aviles' bat--he's no bum--he may not be the most gifted SS but he's done a more than adequate job. 
    His .978 F% is better than the league average of .975.
    He's batting .252 with 10 HR and 51 RBI.

All in all he's done pretty well. Certainly doesn't deserve to be called a bum by someone that hasn't played at the level he plays at.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Iggy has a higher OBP than the bum, Aviles. The difference is Iggy is actually a SS and he can run well enough to steal bases when he gets on. The bum Aviles is a butcher in the field and his plate numbers are pitiful. And for the idiot who claims "I knew Aviles would do well", you are the only one clinging to that nonsense. And for the idiot talking about "reverse pivot", take a look at that soon to be departing bum Ellsbury has in average HR per season in the 5 years since he was named a starting Red Sox OF'er. He and Crawford are two of the biggest bum losers in Red Sox history. 30 million a year for part-time players. And for the snake idiot, you are the same dunce who claimed that Ciriaco was a flash in the pan. I started the thread, weeks ago, that Ciriaco needs to remain on the active roster and starting over that bum, Aviles. That thread was met by a bunch of iidots claiming "it's too early". No matter what Ciriaco does at the plate, he doesn't have to do antying to be better than Aviles and Ciriaco can field the position at a high level and has the speed that the butcher doesn't have. As for Iglesias, Aviles is the bum who needs to be traded or immediately optioned to AAA until he is traded. Punto needs to be moved over the winter. Iglesias needs to be added after roster expansion with Punto becoming a potted plant.

Mr. Nixon, 

You want to bring up Iggy with these very weak minor league stats !! Your nuts. 
    TeamLeagueAVGGABRH2B3BHRRBITBBBSOSBCSOBPSLGOPS
    LOWNYP.3752813100041110.444.500.944
    PAWINT.25167271326841121771837113.297.284.581

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" It's okay man.  We all make mistakes."

Umm softy doesn't  make mistakes. That's why he included a mention of Lugo to remind all of us that he was right about Lugo as well. LOL

FYI Softy Lugo was the worst contract value, dollar for dollar, of any player in Red Sox history (when you look at the total comp). No offense to Gagne, Drew, Dice K, Renteria....

Lugo was also the poster boy for inability to get a clutch hit and produce runs in a key situation, something you have been clamoring on about as important for most of this season. 

To be fair, both Lackey and Crawford stand a good chance of getting first and second place on this list and moving Lugo to third. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Lugo was the worst contract value, dollar for dollar, of any player in Red Sox history LOL! Take a look at Crawford, you mental midget.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]Again with the name calling. What is it with you and your desperate need to belittle people who disagree with you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

THE REASON I LIKE CIRIACO OVER AVILES,IS THAT AVILES
    MOPES AND WHINES AT THE PLATE. HIS STANCE IS PECULIAR
    AND THE LEAGUE HAS HIM FIGURED OUT. HE FIELDS OK, BUT
    HE IS DEAD WOOD AT THE PLATE OFFENSIVELY.  CIRIACO IS
    NOTHING BUT A PUNCH AND JUDY HITTER, BUT HE HAS SOME
    SPEED AND SEEMS TO SPARK THE CLUB. ONLY TIME WILL TELL,
    BUT THE CLUB NEEDS A SPARK AND CIRIACO IS PROVIDING THAT.
    NOW IF WE COULD ONLY GET RID OF NAVA AND ROSS AND BRING
    UP LAVARNWAY MAYBE BETTER DAYS WILL BE AHEAD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Pedie and Pedro ----somebody should write a song; I think they'll be a combo for awhile!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i never saw any player. not even CC, look more uncomfortable playing in Boston than Renteria...he was horrible...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If I'm Bobby Valentine, I play Pedro Ciriaco every day until he makes me look foolish for doing so. He's a great glove (beautiful play on Jones' grounder in the hole to get Swisher at second) and gets big hits. He might flame out any day now, but I'd ride him until he does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

PC outplayed all shortstops on either roster during this series. It wasn't even a contest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Thank You Ciriaco for Showing what a real SS is:
    [QUOTE]I never want to see that bum Aviles at SS, ever!

That might have been the best defensive play we've had all year.

That might have won the game.

That means Aviles will start at SS next game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank You Ciriaco for Showing what a real SS is : The problem is he thinks other people disagree with him. I love Ciriaco.  I would start him over Aviles until he shows that shouldn't happen anymore. Iggy can stay parked in AAA. He has butcher hands with the bat and clumsy feet in the batters box.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]The problem is that he usually starts off with that assumption.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

aviles has more pop but at this point I prefer ciriaco

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinFan1982. Show BostonBruinFan1982's posts

The obvious choice is Pedro. "We just gotta win man"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank You Ciriaco for Showing what a real SS is : The problem is he thinks other people disagree with him. I love Ciriaco.  I would start him over Aviles until he shows that shouldn't happen anymore. Iggy can stay parked in AAA. He has butcher hands with the bat and clumsy feet in the batters box.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

"I love Ciriaco.  I would start him over Aviles until he shows that shouldn't happen anymore."

EXACTLY! thats proper baseball

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]valentine has an excellent eye for talent...he was a huge doubrant supporter, he really like Pedro C...he is a big fan or morales i believe...i wish ben would just trust him to take the best players and let him be
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

agree 1000%
    my sentiments exaclty.
    instead tehy tell v who to play and who to sit

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middlebrooks. Show Middlebrooks's posts

VOTE FOR PEDRO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]VOTE FOR PEDRO
    Posted by Middlebrooks[/QUOTE]

The canging of the gaurd, Huh Youk...Opps...I mean Middy...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

"Rocco" is the real deal.  He plays and has a good time too.  Fast, gets timely hits ... a grinder.   Aviles is a good backup infielder, utility man.  He gets on rolls at the plate, but lets face it, he is streaky at best and has hands of stone.

Let's hope pedro keeps it going ... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Pedro couldn't start at Pittsburg but is the best ss we have. How does this happen? I like the guy to but how come all the sudden he is starter material. Something is amiss here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Thank You Ciriaco for Showing what a real SS is:
    [QUOTE]I never want to see that bum Aviles at SS, ever!
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]With any luck, he will be part of a "BLOCKBUSTER" BY 4:00PM today !!!!