Thank you, Coco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Thank you, Coco

It's fun to know a ex-Sox player has been so awesome against the Yankees. Gotta love that the A's are batting them around. lol And just at the right time.

Give 'em hell, Coco!  We've got it covered in Texas. Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: Thank you, Coco

Hard to do on A's. 5 RBIs, switch hit homers to both stadium sides, 5 for 5 OB. Crisp plays all out and shallow and beats himself up playing hard defense. If he had Pedroia and Agon, giving him a steady diet of meatball get over fastballs, his numbers would spike way above his career high 2 years. 

good citizen who was captiously hammered by most Red Sox fans. I hope he struggles in front of lousy A's lineup when he comes to Boston.   Baseball is a business.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I've loved Coco since that brawl with the Rays when he said the Rays pitcher punched like a girl. Nice to see him drop 3 on the Yanks in the 10th, almost as nice as seeing Carl Crawford get 5 ribbies for the Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you, Coco:
    [QUOTE]Hard to do on A's. 5 RBIs, switch hit homers to both stadium sides, 5 for 5 OB. Crisp plays all out and shallow and beats himself up playing hard defense. If he had Pedroia and Agon, giving him a steady diet of meatball get over fastballs, his numbers would spike way above his career high 2 years.  good citizen who was captiously hammered by most Red Sox fans. I hope he struggles in front of lousy A's lineup when he comes to Boston.   Baseball is a business.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

I think he stole a homer from Swisher. I always thought he was an excellent fielder as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I've loved Coco since that brawl with the Rays when he said the Rays pitcher punched like a girl. Nice to see him drop 3 on the Yanks in the 10th, almost as nice as seeing Carl Crawford get 5 ribbies for the Sox.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Pretty impressive when he ducked that swing. lol

And nice to see how happy Carl looked. Good for him. I had a feeling we'd have fun in Texas. They owe us a few games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

He is an excellent defensive CFer, despite years of going all out and a lot of wear and tear that have slowed him down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Always liked Coco, nice guy, great D, competed, he just couldn't get it done at the plate... and this was in front of Papi and Manny when they averaged 80 HR a year, and Lowell (07) Pedey and Drew (08) all had all-star/great years behind him as well

he was a .270/.330 6-7 HR guy and Ellsbury clearly outplayed him when they were both in the mix in 08... relegating him to 4th Ofer.

Perhaps it was unfair of the fans to get on his case so much... esp when the prospect we traded for him was a bust (Marte)

but Coco was brought in to be a .290/.350 15 HR guy who made us forget Damon. It wasn't until Ellsbury arrived that Damon was truly forgotten and it wasn't until this year that Ellsbury actually outperfomed Johnny's seasons here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Ellsbury clearly outplayed him when they were both in the mix in 08..

2008  Ellsbury OPS  .729 
             Crisp  OPS    .751 

2006 Crisp was hurt
    2007 Manny was out and not former Manny
    2008 See, 2008 OPS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury clearly outplayed him when they were both in the mix in 08.. 2008  Ellsbury OPS  .729           Crisp  OPS    .751  2006 Crisp was hurt 2007 Manny was out and not former Manny 2008 See, 2008 OPS

What were the Sox thinking in 2008 when they could have dumped Ellsbury and kept the marvelous Coco Crisp?  True, Jake had a better season in 2009 than Crisp has had in his entire career, but with Crisp in CF in 2010 and Ellsbury long gone, Beltre could not have run over Jake. 

And of course this year Ellsbury is only 2d in the AL in runs, 3d in hits, 8th in OPS, with 23 dingers (to Crisp's 7), etc. 

And, if Crisp is so beat up, how come he has stolen 37 bases this year?  Do the Athletics have shorter basepaths?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'm still working on why they chose Lowrie over Hall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Crisp should have been traded in 2009, Max, but for cost reasons only. Crisp had career years back to back in Cleveland. Both were superior to 2009 Ellsbury.

I get you are emotionally vested in Ellsbury, but you better get a reality check on Agon affect and Crawford contract. Elllsbury will be gone very shortly, unless Crawford gets a career ending injury. Important to note that Crawbust's career year was in Tampa. Even though Theo was the career year fool for valuing Crawford on numbers, and on skillset value in a lineup, Crawford is a better baseball player than Ellsbury. One year does not a career define. Now, important to not make another mistake and accept Crawford was the buy long choice for the same skillset. No value in doubling down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

CC had 5 RBIs last night ... HR to center.   It sure would be nice to see HAPPY Red Sox fans celebrating what he did. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Thank you, Coco:
    [QUOTE]It's fun to know a ex-Sox player has been so awesome against the Yankees. Gotta love that the A's are batting them around. lol And just at the right time. Give 'em hell, Coco!  We've got it covered in Texas.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]oh, shut up...Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

posted at 8/25/2011 7:59 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=0811c5d682d71c1176d7edba8f623cbf&plckUserId=0811c5d682d71c1176d7edba8f623cbf">
    First: 7/30/2005
    Last: 8/25/2011
    CC had 5 RBIs last night ... HR to center.   It sure would be nice to see HAPPY Red Sox fans celebrating what he did. 

Green grass, warm weather, Red Sox ... life is good.

well chum, you can count this red sox fan as one of RSN that's doing the snoopy dance of joy today!!!lol.....kriky, did you see that missle that came back at josh??? he said afterwards that the ball caught him and that he didn't catch the ball. plus, it was great to see els start the barage and spot Josh 4 runs in the first. back on top by 1 with thanks to coco I might add. we gotta get youk back and we will be looking great. and with that said. I couldn't have been happier for CC to finally break out. let it continue tonight.

GO SOX!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Kudos to CoCo for a great game against my team; he must have RS stitching somehere still in his heart.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Loved Coco, and wish it could have worked out here. But we have the best center fielder in the game now.
    (This is when Softy chimes in, "We don't have Matt Kemp").

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

kimsaysthis............We've got A's next week at home. Let's hope Coco's bat cools off a little when he plays us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury clearly outplayed him when they were both in the mix in 08.. 2008  Ellsbury OPS  .729           Crisp  OPS    .751  2006 Crisp was hurt 2007 Manny was out and not former Manny 2008 See, 2008 OPS

100% WRONG

proven over and over

comical in his pathetic attempts, ever so easy to use the stats and the truth to show how wrong Softflaw is.

Fangraphs:

Ellsbury 2008 season worth 19.2 million (his 2011 is at 30.5)

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4727&position=OF

Crisp's 2008 season worth 7.3 million

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=1572&position=OF

Softy cherry picks a few small sample stats from the 4th OFer who couldn't beat out a rookie for a manger who is notoriously loyal to veterans. Ellsbury's rookie year was better than any year Crisp ever had according to the award winning website that crunches dozens of facts, not just 2-3 like the ignorant Softflaw does.

Crisp still played in 105 games in 06 but nursed what was expained as a minor finger injury out to a length of time that would have Softlaw exploding in rage if it was one of the MANY players he hates sitting out.... then when Crisp finally said he was 100% healthy COULD NOT GET ON BASE (220+ at bats in leadoff AFTER the injury w/ a hideous .293 OBP) and had to be demoted in favor of Youk.

Many chances for Coco to hit and he couldn't

And Manny played in MORE games in 07 than 06 fool... hahahaha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Management blew a lot of things between 05 and 06 and Coco was one of them

Theo wasn't part of the equasion for a few months as we all remember. Here is what they should have done:

- Damon should never have been lowballed at 3/27... he should have been locked up at 4/44-48 right away and never would have gone to the Yankees. CF in 06/07. Manny traded for Kemp (not Bay) after 07 season (not in middle of 08) which LA had interest in doing and then Damon moved to LF. We sign Torii Hunter w/ 18 million in savings from Manny to Kemp.

- Used Marte (and say David Murphy) over Hanley Ramirez (Marte was higher ranked at the time) in the Beckett deal and kept HRam to be our SS. Never had to sign Lugo.

- Wells could have gotten us Loretta and Akinori Otsuka to help the pen (Foulke was obviously done). Kept Mirabelli (for 06) and Shoppach (for 07/08, traded him in VMart deal in 09)

- Trot and Clement for Bobby Abreu and Cory Lidle, saved Philly cash, exited a malcontent they were going to trade for a-ball prospects in July, we could have thrown a-ballers in. Never had to sign Drew w/ Abreu under contract for 2007 w/ an 08 option.

- NO Arroyo for Wily Mo

- No Julian Tavarez

CF - Damon
    SS - Hanley
    DH - Ortiz
    LF - Manny
    RF - Abreu
    3B - Lowell
    1B - Youk
    C - Varitek
    2B - Loretta

Schill
    Beck
    Arroyo
    Wake
    Lidle

(Lester a call up, Kyle Snyder/Kason Gabbard good spot starters)

Paps
    Timlin
    Otsuka
    Breslow
    Javy Lopez
    Delcarmen

Gabe Kapler
    Mirabelli
    Cora
    Eric Hinske

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]posted at 8/25/2011 7:59 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=0811c5d682d71c1176d7edba8f623cbf&plckUserId=0811c5d682d71c1176d7edba8f623cbf " /> soxmeister Posts: 835 First: 7/30/2005 Last: 8/25/2011 CC had 5 RBIs last night ... HR to center.   It sure would be nice to see HAPPY Red Sox fans celebrating what he did.  Green grass, warm weather, Red Sox ... life is good. well chum, you can count this red sox fan as one of RSN that's doing the snoopy dance of joy today!!!lol.....kriky, did you see that missle that came back at josh??? he said afterwards that the ball caught him and that he didn't catch the ball. plus, it was great to see els start the barage and spot Josh 4 runs in the first. back on top by 1 with thanks to coco I might add. we gotta get youk back and we will be looking great. and with that said. I couldn't have been happier for CC to finally break out. let it continue tonight. GO SOX!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]Big D..what's the word my friend?...man, you guys laid the smackdown on the Rangers, seems like the first time in a while the Rangers were actually out of a game...we know they usually scrap hard when down a few runs...well we got beat by Rice Krispies..LOL...good game for Coco...looks like the division race is going to pitch into September...it's funny though, given all the Sox preseason hype and the Yanks' supposed pitching weakness, both teams head into the final month a bit less than healthy, but days at a time run neck and neck... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

G'morning Jetes old bud. word is that the summer is flying by and we (you and me) are loving this baseball season. yeah, finally my boys took it to the rangers. one thing good I guess was that the wind really picked up cooling off those poor fans sitting in 103 degree heat. as I was watching them fanning themselves it made me think about our bravest of the brave humpin the hills and valleys with about 45 lbs of equipment on their backs looking for the bad guys over in afgan. trust me pal. extreme heat sucks. and when it's extreme heat and 100% total humidity it really sucks. I tell you this because I got a nephew that's with the 10th mountain div. over there and his wife just gave birth to twin girls. but anyway, back to baseball and this little wind storm heading our way...lol..........stay chilli pal!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank you, Coco : Big D..what's the word my friend?...man, you guys laid the smackdown on the Rangers, seems like the first time in a while the Rangers were actually out of a game...we know they usually scrap hard when down a few runs...well we got beat by Rice Krispies..LOL...good game for Coco...looks like the division race is going to pitch into September...it's funny though, given all the Sox preseason hype and the Yanks' supposed pitching weakness, both teams head into the final month a bit less than healthy, but days at a time run neck and neck... 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

It is amazing how often the sox/yankees race is this close.  I really didn't think NY would play this well, but if it wasn't for the lopsided series between the two teams the sox would be just shooting for the wild card at this piont.  Makes me a little worried in that whenever the sox start off this well against NY, the yanks manage to even things out between the two teams by the end of the year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]G'morning Jetes old bud. word is that the summer is flying by and we (you and me) are loving this baseball season. yeah, finally my boys took it to the rangers. one thing good I guess was that the wind really picked up cooling off those poor fans sitting in 103 degree heat. as I was watching them fanning themselves it made me think about our bravest of the brave humpin the hills and valleys with about 45 lbs of equipment on their backs looking for the bad guys over in afgan. trust me pal. extreme heat sucks. and when it's extreme heat and 100% total humidity it really sucks. I tell you this because I got a nephew that's with the 10th mountain div. over there and his wife just gave birth to twin girls. but anyway, back to baseball and this little wind storm heading our way...lol..........stay chilli pal!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the twins.  I have twin 3 yo boys.  If it makes you feel any better it doesn't really get  tough until they start walking.  Hopefully he'll be home by then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

posted at 8/25/2011 11:01 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=0523263be07173603068953bfcc072f6&plckUserId=0523263be07173603068953bfcc072f6">
    First: 3/25/2008
    Last: 8/25/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a22e58a71-e4f2-4e62-a6b6-3a4afb540f23&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:22e58a71-e4f2-4e62-a6b6-3a4afb540f23Post:432252be-e057-44c3-8ca5-3d83ce5a999a">Re: Thank you, Coco:
    G'morning Jetes old bud. word is that the summer is flying by and we (you and me) are loving this baseball season. yeah, finally my boys took it to the rangers. one thing good I guess was that the wind really picked up cooling off those poor fans sitting in 103 degree heat. as I was watching them fanning themselves it made me think about our bravest of the brave humpin the hills and valleys with about 45 lbs of equipment on their backs looking for the bad guys over in afgan. trust me pal. extreme heat sucks. and when it's extreme heat and 100% total humidity it really sucks. I tell you this because I got a nephew that's with the 10th mountain div. over there and his wife just gave birth to twin girls. but anyway, back to baseball and this little wind storm heading our way...lol..........stay chilli pal!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Congrats on the twins.  I have twin 3 yo boys.  If it makes you feel any better it doesn't really get  tough until they start walking.  Hopefully he'll be home by then.

boy you said a mouth full. I have three kids myself. two adult grown and one who is 17. as far as what you said about the trouble starting when they started to walk around. actually it's not that bad. it just means that things that are within arms reach are put up to a higher level...lol...I loved it when they were crawling around all cute and curious. them BAM! they teach themselves to stand up and its on brother.

thanks for the encouraging words about my nephew. hopefully they ALL will be home soon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Thank you, Coco:
    [QUOTE]It's fun to know a ex-Sox player has been so awesome against the Yankees. Gotta love that the A's are batting them around. lol And just at the right time. Give 'em hell, Coco!  We've got it covered in Texas.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Coco against the Yankees makes me do the happy dance.