Thank you John Farrell for realizing that Middlebrooks should sit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Thank you John Farrell for realizing that Middlebrooks should sit

Today's game should be the final decision that Iglesias and Drew should be starting and in order for MIddlebrooks to get at bats, he should get them in Pawtucket. Maybe bring up Sutton as the UIF.

I'm very positive about tonights infield and Drew and Iglesias.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Thank you John Farrell for realizing that Middlebrooks should sit

Middlebrooks still has a lot of potential. Can't give up on that power. He should be back in Pawtucket trying to get it together.  And , he should be playing first base in Pawtucket. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Have to play the hot hand. Iglasias won't hit like this forever, but Farrell doesn't have much choice, while he is. 

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I kind of like seeing guys on base, making the defenders overplay a bit with SS and 2 B bunching up a bit for the DP--leaving more of a hole between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd. I have been really pleased with  Ells and Vic at the top and Iggy and Drew at the bottom.

WMB needs a couple of months at AAA to get back to watching the ball and making contact . The PawSox have a decent team--WMB may have difficulty getting a lot of playing time. They have a couple of sleepers down there. Brandon Snyder hits for power and average and plays some 3B, 1B and DH. He will be back with Brentz, Hazelbaker, Butler and have the XMan to play beside. I think Boggie and WMB missed each other  in their development stages. He will have JBJ; but I think he went to AAA last year when Bradley arrived at AA.

Sutton is not on the 40 so it will require someone being DFA'd in order for Sutton to come up. My guess is Holt comes up as the Super sub--perhaps Nava will be DL'd with the wrist injury. We may get our first look at Hassan replacing Nava, Hassan is on the 40.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Agreed - WM is the future and Drew will likely not return next year but this is about winning this season...and right now that means Drew and Iggy...Im not sure how I feel about sending WM down however. It didnt exactly work out for Iggy or Bard when they were demoted. I say keep him on the bench and use him when needed.

As always - 100% correct!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Hopefully we are working hard to sort out Middy's obvious funk at the plate. Sending him down may be too drastic, split time with Iggy, invest hours in the cage makes sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Today's game should be the final decision that Iglesias and Drew should be starting and in order for MIddlebrooks to get at bats, he should get them in Pawtucket. Maybe bring up Sutton as the UIF.

I'm very positive about tonights infield and Drew and Iglesias.

I think, that's a yup, a yup, and a maybe.  I love the left-side defense, and some of that, while undiscussed, might be attributing to our lower ERA.  I think WMB needs coaching and ABs, but I'd like someone a little better than Sutton as his replacement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If WMB goes down to Pawtucket then its Brock Hult who comes up to be the UI.  Sutton is strictly a 3B and has no experience at SS, 2B and does not have the athleticism....hes barely an infielder.   I think he was purely 3B depth as thats the only position he can play, and the fact that Iggy is playing third and that theres been rumblings about Bogaerts at third should tell us all that the club is not comfortable with Sutton at the MLB level.  So either Hult comes up to be the utility man or Bogaerts is moved to third and iglesias moves to the UI role (yes I know you all want Iggy at short but the Sox just won't do that).  I don't think Xander gets called up next week but I can see that happening in July; in which case the Sox very well may move Drew and give SS to Iggy.  

Don't be surprised to see Iggy in the same role now for about another 6 weeks.  I think by August first he's starting at SS somewhere full time.  I use to think that was somewhere else but perhaps it's more likely here again. 

Of course best case scenario is WMB starts hitting, we trade Drew for a good low level prospect and plug Iggy in at third.  I think Bogaerts is with the club at the end of the year (and I think they are hoping he will hit). Obviously they want him to get at bats, but when the season is winding down in Pawtucket I think he may get called up be some kinda utility guy.  This is PURE speculation but they said they will play Xander at multiple positions (ss 2nB 3B) for a reason.  If he's hitting well they will want him to get more at bats at the MLB level plus he can slide right in full time if WMB, Iggy, Pedey.

They aren't counting on this, but I think they are planning on it being a real possibility if they are looking at a serious playoff run and Bogaerts is just mashing it.  Again pure speculation, but why else do you promote possibly baseballs top prospect to Triple A and tell him he's going to play multiple positions? Again maybe you can't count on him this year....but I think they hope they can, again pure speculation.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Have to play the hot hand. Iglasias won't hit like this forever, but Farrell doesn't have much choice, while he is. 

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

Exactly, you keep him in the line up everyday till he goes cold. I do believe WM eventually will end up at 1B.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

WMB needs to learn to SEE the difference between dead red & a breaking ball sliding off the plate.  Time in the cage isn't gonna solve that.  He needs serious work with plate appearances against guys who can mix it up and throw both. 

As for his D?  3rd should NEVER have been the position for this kid.  He simply doesn't have the skill to play 3rd, and getting there would be a long term prospect.  1st makes the most sense for him to be a valuable mlb option, with a top tier mlb team (as in Boston).

WMB needs quick development at 1st, and should be our 2014 ..........  long term answer at 1st.

Iggy needs to play every day.  3rd base!  End of story.  Eventually, SS is HIS, but for this year it needs to be 3rd.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I like Iggy at 3rd and Drew at SS.  Middlebrooks should be sent down and build his confidence. 

Middlebrooks should understand that this is not the end of the world.  Besides,.........sh*t happens.   LOL

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

WMB needs to learn to SEE the difference between dead red & a breaking ball sliding off the plate.  Time in the cage isn't gonna solve that.  He needs serious work with plate appearances against guys who can mix it up and throw both. 

As for his D?  3rd should NEVER have been the position for this kid.  He simply doesn't have the skill to play 3rd, and getting there would be a long term prospect.  1st makes the most sense for him to be a valuable mlb option, with a top tier mlb team (as in Boston).

WMB needs quick development at 1st, and should be our 2014 ..........  long term answer at 1st.

Iggy needs to play every day.  3rd base!  End of story.  Eventually, SS is HIS, but for this year it needs to be 3rd.

I whole heardedly disagree (not about WMB needing to see live pitches). He is by far a 3B! And the best one on the team defensively.  I've never heard anyone shoot down his defense, I didn't even think that was up for debate?!?!  The whole scouting industry and baseball world as a whole has done nothing but rave about his plus defense. 

You need a bat to play first, if WMB comes around with his at I have no problem sticking him at first, as Xander may be our third baseman.

I also think Xander may end up better suited for LF, and the bar is a little lower at 3rd offensively than it is at 1st.  So if WMB can recover he may very well lock down 3B with Xander moving to left.

Then again Bogaerts is the kinda prospect who moves for no one.  You play him where he is best suited, so if that's 3B I can live with WMB at 1B; especially if we have a hole at first next year.  But WMB is a third baseman and I'm sorry the really shouldn't be a discussion there.  So if he hits he may have more value to the team on he trade market if Xander is a third baseman.

Personally I think if Will can cut down on the strike outs and/or increase his walks he will be fine at 1B.  Nothing wrong with young talented and cost controlled position players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I like Iggy at 3rd and Drew at SS.  Middlebrooks should be sent down and build his confidence. 

Middlebrooks should understand that this is not the end of the world.  Besides,.........sh*t happens.   LOL

keep him on the bench for pinch hitting...when down by three runs and you need a jack...could help build his confidence up again - just a theory

Sections
Shortcuts