Thank you Kolton Wong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Thank you Kolton Wong

OK, there have been a number of errors and miscues by both teams with some of them being very costly, but none compares in boneheadedness to this one.  

Here's Koji Uehara catching Kolton Wong for the #WalkoffPickoff:

Think about it.  He's not even the friggn tying run, and the winning run in Carlos Friggn Belran is up at the plate.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: Thank you Kolton Wong

Agreed that was an absurdely stupid move, but I think it unlikely that it changed the outcome of the game. Koji would have finished it off without Kolten Wrong - see what I did there?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Mistakes and bad calls with a little late inning drama sprinkled with some pretty good pitching and timely hitting...about sums up the first four games....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Yeah I disagree - definitely not the worst miscue we have seen. This has been a poorly played series so far on both sides and others have directly corresponded with allowing the opponent to score (or actually win a game...did you watch what happened in Game 3?). There is nothing tangible here that says "had Wong not gotten picked off, the outcome would have been different". 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Did anyone else notice in that replay that Napoli may have taken a page from the Tampa Bay playbook?  Wong was almost completely blocked from getting to the bag and had to reach around Napoli's ankle to even get to the side of the bag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Did anyone else notice in that replay that Napoli may have taken a page from the Tampa Bay playbook?  Wong was almost completely blocked from getting to the bag and had to reach around Napoli's ankle to even get to the side of the bag.

That is what you are taught.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And Napoli has been a catcher most of his career. It's in his blood to block the base.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

That is what you are taught.

Ok... I wasn't aware of that.  But I remember that certain of us here (me included) had a hissy-fit when a Red Sox player was blocked from the base during a steal.  What goes around  comes around, I guess.  :-)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

S5, I did notice that although in this case the throw did beat the runner plus it was right on the money.  The foot helped, but wasn't decisive. 

In the Rays series I also noticed the SS or 2B, when taking a throw from home on an attempted steal of 2B, was also blocking 2B with their foot. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Getting picked off there is a absolute sin in baseball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The best part was listening to McCarver and Buck droning on and on about how Napoli shouldn't be holding Wong on and was leaving a hole in the right side of the infield.Then before Wong knew what was happening. ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

The best part was listening to McCarver and Buck droning on and on about how Napoli shouldn't be holding Wong on and was leaving a hole in the right side of the infield.Then before Wong knew what was happening. ....

Yup!

That was funny!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Love it too!!  Cant stand them.  They are a big time anti-boston red sox fan!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Wong looks like he's getting physically ill.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Good call mrmojo. So tiring listening to those two.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Awesome pic! The play reminded me of Paps picking off Holliday in 2007.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

That was awesome. It appears the Sox new exactly what they were doing. Loved it. Even the camera did not catch it live. Buck and McCarver were stunned. Farrell did not even know it was happening until it happened. That being said, McCarver actually praised the Sox during the game at times. Shocking. Great ending after having suffered game 3s ending. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Those two have turned omens into an art form this post season. 

"David Ortiz has never homered off Joaquin Benoit."

"The Red Sox outfield has no extra base hits this series."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Love it too!!  Cant stand them.  They are a big time anti-boston red sox fan!!

Simply.. The WORST

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

mccarver and buck = bill and softy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Blocking the base is OK for any fielder.  When guys use to slide feet first, the deal was you can block the base but I'm going to some in spikes-high.  Fielders were a little more careful about blocking. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There is absolutely no excuse for getting picked off there. Two outs, two runs down, a legitimate power hitter in Beltran at the plate. I blame the coach as much as the player. He has to know better. Anyway, about time we got a break.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

Blocking the base is OK for any fielder.  When guys use to slide feet first, the deal was you can block the base but I'm going to some in spikes-high.  Fielders were a little more careful about blocking. 

Funny...a fielder can block the base, but he can't obstruct the path to the base.

Sections
Shortcuts