Thank You Manager Jim for Your Signature Move of Incompetence: Series Tied 1-1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Thank You Manager Jim for Your Signature Move of Incompetence: Series Tied 1-1

No....and No manager would walk Ortiz.....Leyland would have been crucified if he walked Ortiz and Napoli accidently ran into a Benoit Fastball and clanked the Pesky pole....you are using 20/20 hindsight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Thank You Manager Jim for Your Signature Move of Incompetence: Series Tied 1-1

Walking Ortiz there was well worth considering, I have to concede that much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he doesn't pitch to Ortiz, up 4 runs in the 9th, walks Ortiz, Napoli and the entire Red Sox roster are down 2-0. 

As a Red Sox fan, I give thanks for the other Manager's incompetent decisions. 

I evaluated this game correctly as pressure on Tigers, series evenly matched, and good news for the Red Sox. I said Game 2 was more important than Game 1, and it was.

This series heads to Detroit, tied, where Game 4 will be more important than Game 3. 

Folks, we're all even, and all now know that this aint the Rays.

[/QUOTE]

How about the now back up short stop Igelias coming up with the big error. They don't win in the 9th without him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You never walking in a run up four runs in the 8th with 2 outs with your best reliever on the mound. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If he doesn't pitch to Ortiz, up 4 runs in the 9th, walks Ortiz, Napoli and the entire Red Sox roster are down 2-0. 

I evaluated this game correctly as pressure on Tigers, series evenly matched, and good news for the Red Sox. I said Game 2 was more important than Game 1, and it was.

This series heads to Detroit, tied, where Game 4 will be more important than Game 3. 

[/QUOTE]

How about the now back up short stop Igelias coming up with the big error. They don't win in the 9th without him.

[/QUOTE]

In fact, game was already tied, dingy. Had Iglesias started, he gets Gomes in the 9th, but the Red Sox win that game in extras anyway because of incompetent decisions regarding Ortiz and his pitching staff moves that would have done in the Tigers in extras.

Blowjo, did you see bobble hands Drew make that little league error? Sure you did. How about Drew's sub .133 BA and sub .400 OPS in the 2013 playoffs?

[/QUOTE]

And how about Ellsbury batting .000??  Should Boston put him on fake injury list so Farrell can replace him with J. Bradley???

You are just a big time hater toward to half of the team.

Try becoming a Yankee fan!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure. Walk Ortiz with the bases loaded. LOL Find a manager that will do that, and youll find a man in the same psychiatric facility as you are. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Walking Ortiz there was well worth considering, I have to concede that much.

[/QUOTE]

Only if you hav Biff Tannen's Sports Almanac. NO MANAGER, NONE would do that. Absolutely none, not one.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only if you hav Biff Tannen's Sports Almanac. NO MANAGER, NONE would do that. Absolutely none, not one.

[/QUOTE]

Probably not.  You have to admit though, it's worth considering when you have a Hall of Fame calibre, proven clutch killer at the plate, and a relative chump behind him.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Only if you have Manager Jim's quote "I'll walk Pujols with the based loaded" comment.

[/QUOTE]

Now show me his "I'll walk Ortiz with the bases loaded" comment, and I'll digress softbrain.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably not.  You have to admit though, it's worth considering when you have a Hall of Fame calibre, proven clutch killer at the plate, and a relative chump behind him.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if he walked him and Napoli put one in the gap or cleared the Monster, youd never hear the end of the hue and cry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, but if he walked him and Napoli put one in the gap or cleared the Monster, youd never hear the end of the hue and cry.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and that's why he didn't do it.  But damn are we glad it wasn't 5-2 with Naps up there flailing the way he has been.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

While I think that Leyland should have stuck with Scherzer, I also think that Farrell should have hooked Buchholz after 3 extra base hits in the 6th when the score got to 3-0. The last three times Buchholz has pitched since returning from injury he has faded fast after the 5th inning. I think it's terrific that we pulled it out, but I'm hoping that next time Buchholz is handed a start Farrell won't leave him in til the game gets out of hand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Win or lose the mistake (even if he failed) was taking out an Ace and turning the ball game over to a bunch of foools who cannot start or close. Here in lies the problem with pitch counts. Max had this in the bag.

[/QUOTE]

The Tigers bullpen is shaky, so I think you're right, he should have tried to get another inning out of Scherzer.

[/QUOTE]

Scherzer said he was spent.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

Correct. Remember, Manager Jim said "I'll walk Pujols with the bases loaded". Yet, he "goes by the book", up 5-1 with 2 outs and no long ball threat behind Ortiz (No, not Napoli last night), and treats Ortiz's "Fenway legend" history and high OPS against Benoit and has him pitch to him with "no place to put him" which means he has to put the fastball in the wheelhouse because of the skillset style of pitcher he is.

[/QUOTE]

Can you name a single manager who has ever done what you suggest? If not it has nothing to do with "manager Jim" and has to do with conventional baseball knowledge. 

Since you are a troll and do nothing but sit at your computer with your pants around your ankles I will assume, once again, that this thread has no point other than for you to start a forum for people to mock you. Masochistic much?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In fact, Manager Jim said he'd walk Pujols with the bases loaded. He was correct then, but quite incompetent, last night.

[/QUOTE]

So wait. You are writing posts about what people said they would do, and not what they actually have done?

You're adorable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In fact, game was already tied, dingy. Had Iglesias started, he gets Gomes in the 9th, but the Red Sox win that game in extras anyway because of incompetent decisions regarding Ortiz and his pitching staff moves that would have done in the Tigers in extras.

Blowjo, did you see bobble hands Drew make that little league error? Sure you did. How about Drew's sub .133 BA and sub .400 OPS in the 2013 playoffs?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but he didnt' start. Because Detroit considers him a back up. 

What a shock.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Folks, we're all even, and all now know that this aint the Rays."

Took you long enough to realize it. 

"I evaluated this game correctly as pressure on Tigers, series evenly matched"

Umm, no. You incorrectly decided "pressure" was the factor but it was actually that the Sox bullpen is better than the Tigers bullpen. Leland leaves his starter in for another inning or so and they are up 2-0. 

At any rate, it was a great win which most of us truly enjoyed for the sake of the thrill of the game. I think you enjoyed it but for more clinical reasons.