THANK YOU N Y YANK$, the gift that keeps on giving !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THANK YOU N Y YANK$, the gift that keeps on giving !!!!

Now the yanks have a gillion $$$$ man in center field @ Yankee stadium that can't reach 2nd base with a throw !!!!!  Does not get much better than this !!!   What say you, T-BALLERS  ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: THANK YOU N Y YANK$, the gift that keeps on giving !!!!

I say that its not going to hinder them from spending another 100M on their payroll this year if they choose to do so...But yes, its a very gross overpay along with a NTC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

The only concern I have is now the Red Sox are basically handing over the reigns to JBJ. He's got decent speed and is a decent fielder he got holes in his bat. Are they looking to move Victorino to the leadoff spot? I knew the FO wasn't going to pay Ellsbury the money he got from NY but this also means that there is a major hole to fill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I say that its not going to hinder them from spending another 100M on their payroll this year if they choose to do so...But yes, its a very gross overpay along with a NTC.

Southpaw,   I knew that you & I would have common ground on this one .......   The Yank$ have not learned from A-ROD and all the other old-age contracts......   I think that Ben C. has the model figured out, being keep the $$$ within reason and the term shorrrrrt, other words, keep them all HUNGRY !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

it is the years.... they are guaranteeing they stay old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Southpaw,   I knew that you & I would have common ground on this one .......   The Yank$ have not learned from A-ROD and all the other old-age contracts......   I think that Ben C. has the model figured out, being keep the $$$ within reason and the term shorrrrrt, other words, keep them all HUNGRY !!!!!

Bill,

I agree that you don't need to spend big money. Ben knew all aaaalong Ellsbury was gone. This is the business of the game. The Yankees still need to address major concerns in starting pitching and a closer. There's also the luxury tax but hey, it's NYY. They are also getting ready to lose a major cog in the offense. Robinson Cano. They are still strapped with that albatross of contracts from A-rod and Tex.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Elles will spend 30% of the games on the DL throughout the time of the contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The Ellsbury contract was more than I thought that he would get, but since it is the Yankees who are paying it i could care less.

At some point in time, the Red Sox will have to give Bradley a chance to prove himself and right now with the currrent roster that could be on opening day.

I would hedge my bet on Bradley being completely ready to go through what could be a tough year and find another good fielding centerfielder besides Victorino.  Gomes, Nava nor Carp are good enough fielders to spend any time in center.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

The only concern I have is now the Red Sox are basically handing over the reigns to JBJ. He's got decent speed and is a decent fielder he got holes in his bat. Are they looking to move Victorino to the leadoff spot? I knew the FO wasn't going to pay Ellsbury the money he got from NY but this also means that there is a major hole to fill.

When the season opens in April, there will be a center fielder out there......  As we fell in love with Jacoby in 2007, we may just do the same with  JBJ as he looks to have the "tools".... That being said,  it's all about getting the opportunity to play ..... He will be much further along/stronger this year than last !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

No kidding. People whine how bad JBJR was this year and I say "Better to get his feet wet now than 2014 when we really need him"

He has more experience now!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

No kidding. People whine how bad JBJR was this year and I say "Better to get his feet wet now than 2014 when we really need him"

He has more experience now!

AGREE ..... Baseball , like life continues to move on !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

When the season opens in April, there will be a center fielder out there......  As we fell in love with Jacoby in 2007, we may just do the same with  JBJ as he looks to have the "tools".... That being said,  it's all about getting the opportunity to play ..... He will be much further along/stronger this year than last !!!

Ummmmmmmm......... AWKWAAAAAARRRRRRD!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to HailToTheKing's comment:

Ummmmmmmm......... AWKWAAAAAARRRRRRD!!!!!!!!

Not at all ........  Its all what your sick mind wants to make it !!!!   TIP of the day,  "get some help"  !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Teams like the Cardinals and what Ben is doing with the Sox are the models for running an organization. Build through the system and fill in with smart trades and FA on shorter term, higher priced deals. When you have a steady flow of young players at low cost, you can afford to overpay some guys for less years AND pay most of your homegrown players when FA comes around. You also build up the farm in order to keep that steady flow of players coming up AND will always have good pieces for possible trades. THAT is a well rounded organization.

NY HAS to sign Cano now because if he walks they just spent 22M on a speed player and will have lost production regardless. They also need to spend more on pitching because they have next to nothing in their system.

Ill take how the Sox and Cards do business. They will be competetive year in and year out, and while the NYY might be good for a couple years, they will be stuck with a bunch of overpaid old players on those deals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The Yankees have Tex and ARod... they don't need Cano. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Teams like the Cardinals and what Ben is doing with the Sox are the models for running an organization. Build through the system and fill in with smart trades and FA on shorter term, higher priced deals. When you have a steady flow of young players at low cost, you can afford to overpay some guys for less years AND pay most of your homegrown players when FA comes around. You also build up the farm in order to keep that steady flow of players coming up AND will always have good pieces for possible trades. THAT is a well rounded organization.

NY HAS to sign Cano now because if he walks they just spent 22M on a speed player and will have lost production regardless. They also need to spend more on pitching because they have next to nothing in their system.

Ill take how the Sox and Cards do business. They will be competetive year in and year out, and while the NYY might be good for a couple years, they will be stuck with a bunch of overpaid old players on those deals.

Agree,   Its almost like Baseball of old .......  Most teams (unlike the Yank$) are getting away from the long term costly dumb contracts !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

yes, because those 2 have been so effective lately?  ARod will probably take the year off and 34yo Tex is returning from major wrist issues and his numbers have been heading south since he was traded to NY. Yes, they need Cano.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

yes, because those 2 have been so effective lately?  ARod will probably take the year off and 34yo Tex is returning from major wrist issues and his numbers have been heading south since he was traded to NY. Yes, they need Cano.

Its ironic,  we almost had both of those slug$  !!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Yes, because those 2 have been so effective lately?  ARod will probably take the year off and 34yo Tex is returning from major wrist issues and his numbers have been heading south since he was traded to NY. Yes, they need Cano.

I think he was being sarcastic. While the rosters are not yet complete, I think our SP is MUCH better than theirs right now. And Ellsbury is replacing, essentially, Granderson, who has been in CF for them for the last several years and he has outperformed Ellsbury in terms of OPS. If they lose Cano their net offense is a minus-adding Ellsbury does not compensate for the loss of Cano. Finally, I think that the ARod fiasco will weigh on the franchise heavily in 2014. Distractions like that are never good for a team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I just spent the last hour trying to figure out just how much money the Yankees were spending on useless players this year and it looks like a lot! Arod if he wins his appeal is a guarenteed 30 + his bonus money which I think I read is 6 mil more, Texiera is another 20 mil, Jake 22.5, McCann 18mil, CC 16.5, and if Kuroda stays with them another 15.5 and I know Jeter is good for another 12mil so for 6 players they are looking at 130mil, they only have a portion of Wells and Soriano's contracts to pay maybe 14 mil more there so they are at a minimum ofr 144mil before they fill out the rest of the team 15 more players and they don't have a closer or 3/5ths of a rotation. If they win the posting of Tanaka when it comes about, 12 mil more per anum figuring he isn't leaving Japan for less, if they go after Garza he wants 15-16mil per, should those events take place they are at 172mil with 10 players still needing to be added to the mix, B. Ryan signed for 3 mil, so make that 9 players with 175 already gone! I'd say they could make a trade but they don't have any assets. Lets watch to see how much they can get Cano for? You know he's not leaving NY! The Sox should spend the rest of the offseason driving up prices on pitchers and watch the billion dollar ship crash into the rocks!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Agree 100%...Short term means they'll play harder for that next contract. 

Show me ONE player that even remotely earned their $'s through at least 90% of a 7+/120 mil+ contract

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:

Agree 100%...Short term means they'll play harder for that next contract. 

Show me ONE player that even remotely earned their $'s through at least 90% of a 7+/120 mil+ contract

B I N G O  that !!!!!

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts