Thank You Tito!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Thank You Tito!!

WOW... I'm impressed. Bringing in Bard, in the 7th (Albeit Lester Should have never started the 7th) with yet another game slipping through our fingers Was Brilliant !! I mean It Was Simply brilliant !! I believe you have taken a large step forward today and it gives me hope that sometime in the future you will take what you learned today and apply it AS NEEDED !! To bad for Wake this came a day to late !! LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Thank You Tito!!

In Response to Thank You Tito!!:
     WOW... I'm impressed. Bringing in Bard, in the 7th (Albeit Lester Should have never started the 7th) with yet another game slipping through our fingers Was Brilliant !! I mean It Was Simply brilliant !! I believe you have taken a large step forward today and it gives me hope that sometime in the future you will take what you learned today and apply it AS NEEDED !! To bad for Wake this came a day to late !! LOL
    Posted by ALaGatorAL
    I totally agree with your post but what it also points out for me is that at the moment there is sadly no reliable 7th inning guy in the pen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Posted by ALaGatorAL

I'm also impressed, but neither of us should be. Being impressed because the manager made a sensible decision, means that it is out of the ordinary, where it should be expected, it's a surprise. I'm not sure about him taking a step forward. He's been at this with the Sox for 7+ years, so I don't think he's taking steps forward. Today was unusual, which is why we're talking about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Posted by ALaGatorAL

Does you cable company in Chicago allow you to watch games? Do you get MLB Extra Innings Package there. You must be busy watching the White Sox and Red Sox at the same time?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: Thank You Tito!!:
    In Response to Thank You Tito!! : Does you cable company in Chicago allow you to watch games? Do you get MLB Extra Innings Package there. You must be busy watching the White Sox and Red Sox at the same time?
    Posted by Your-Echo

LOL  Multi tasking... Look it up !! But yes, I have MLB extra innings if you must know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Best of luck to your Chisox. I will place you into our Chisox fans column instead of where everyone thought that you were ( Concerned Red Sox fan).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Oh right...it is Francona's fault that outside of Bard, there is not one reliable bullpen pitcher to call on. The only one who comes close is Aceves...and he will be injured before the end of the year...that's his M.O.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bard leads the AL in holds, which is great.  But he is also near the time in games pitched in, which means Francona can't keep using him to bail out the starter. 

Tomorrow Bard will not be available for the 7th or 8th inning.  Not sure about Wheeler.  That leaves it at Papelbon, Morales, Albers, and Miller, and Pap mostly pitches just one inning, the 9th.  So who do you want for the 6th, 7th and 8th in a close game when the starter can't go 6, 7, or 8?

Francona cannot manage every game as if it's the only game in the season.  But it's obvious he will spend his best when there is a real shot at winning, as there was today. 

None of our starters is in the top 20 in the AL in innings pitched and, really, only Beckett and Lester consistently pitching 6, 7, or 8.  Big load on the bullpen all season long. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I always suspected that AligatorAl was a phony Sox fan. He showed his true colors above. He prefers WHITE sox. I am right once more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I think roles are often overrated. Who says Bard has to come in for the eighth and Papelbon for the ninth? If all hell is breaking loose in a close game in the seventh, bring in your stud, even if it's not his "time." Great call by Tito.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Francona cannot manage every game as if it's the only game in the season.  But it's obvious he will spend his best when there is a real shot at winning, as there was today.  

Wrong !! Just the day before in a very similar situation He didn't bring in Bard, his best, to quell a future uprising by a lackluster team !! He did it yesterday and it worked !! Obviously He can't Do it every game a starter gets in trouble but he could do it more then he has. This whole certain innings for certain pitchers crap is getting way out of hand !! We really don't need Paps to finish games we are up by 3 or 4 runs. It would be nice if he Gutted up that closer crap and went in late in games WHEN NEEDED !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I always suspected that AligatorAl was a phony Sox fan. He showed his true colors above. He prefers WHITE sox. I am right once more.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

You Phil, should take a lesson from your Cousin, Punxsutawney, and only surface once a year !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Best of luck to your Chisox. I will place you into our Chisox fans column instead of where everyone thought that you were ( Concerned Red Sox fan).
    Posted by Your-Echo

Yea, You do that !! LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i'm glad that Tito decided to take my advice..on the game thread when wake/albers imploded, i said that tito's only mistake was not putting bard w/risp....the next day he does just that...once again i was 100% correct
    Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Posted by PawsoxPhil

and what do you give a flying shittt what team he roots for? what do have, squatters rights on this site???? JFC....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

For the record, this was the 16th time this year that Bard came into the game earlier than the 8th inning. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

good stat HF...i knew he did it a few times but i didnt realize it was done so frequently...i wouldve said like 4x...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

There was no reason to think that Albers would implode on Saturday.  He's been really good, not giving up a single ER in July and only 2 in June.  He's had a rough August.  Maybe he's hurt or working through something.  In any case, they need Albers to get back to how he was pitching in July.

I bet he's hurt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Tito wished to do the samething when Wakefield was pitching three nights ago, but it was 6th innings.  By putting Bard in the 6th innings and possible to come back for 7th innings, Tito would not have anyone to pitch in the 8th innings.  

But had he pitch that day, and then Bard would not be available for the next day. So it wouldnt make any difference.

Well, you know that Tito do not want to try to depend Bard/Pap/Wheeler/Aceves too much.  The problem is that Boston have been playing too many close games in past two weeks.  More offense scoring, it is easier for Tito to start using other guys!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

If you people have a fetish to bash managers then you would have had a field day when Jimy was here about ten years ago.

Sections
Shortcuts