Thanks Mr Diamond .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Thanks Mr Diamond .......

But next time well just use the tape !!!!! Thanks for coming though !!!!! Lol guy forget his own song ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Thanks Mr Diamond .......

In response to rsinsider's comment:

But next time well just use the tape !!!!! Thanks for coming though !!!!! Lol guy forget his own song ?

Given the circumstances, I would like to think that they didn't have to woo him with an exhorbitant fee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Given the circumstances, I would like to think that they didn't have to woo him with an exhorbitant fee.

I read somewhere they didn't even ask guy showed up 40 before game time and asked to sing !! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I read somewhere they didn't even ask guy showed up 40 before game time and asked to sing !! 

they should have played just the music without the lyrics or just let him sing without any music...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Then that's either a noble act or he's got one helluva conniving publicist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

It's not hard to get an instrumental backing track of the song he could have sung along to.  They have them on YouTube.  The singing with himself didn't work out too well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I know many people hate sweet Caroline but its still classy as heck

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/20/neil-diamond-sings-sweet-caroline-live-during-red-sox-game/

Nice quick read about the appearance.

Surprises are great!!!!! You fans in attendance had quite an emotional day at the Park as did the fans at home and the players. An unforgetable day--an unforgetable week in the history of Boston.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/20/neil-diamond-sings-sweet-caroline-live-during-red-sox-game/

Surprises are great!!!!! You fans in attendance had quite an emotional day at the Park as did the fans at home and the players. An unforgetable day--an unforgetable week in the history of Boston.

That "article" is four sentences long...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

they should have played just the music without the lyrics or just let him sing without any music...

Yeah, was poorly planned, probably not planned at all. Guess Fenway doesn't employ an audio engineer. By the time the music gets from the PA down to the field there's a huge delay. He was basically singing to Feway's natural reverb. Trying to time his prerecordred lyrics in that enviroment is next to impossible. You'd have to be a good singer & a better physicist to pull that one off. I'm surprised he did as good as he did. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

That "article" is four sentences long...

I said it was a quick read...Geez---did you have a bad night; it was to support Sheriff-Rojas' comment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Yeah, was poorly planned, probably not planned at all. Guess Fenway doesn't employ an audio engineer. By the time the music gets from the PA down to the field there's a huge delay. He was basically singing to Feway's natural reverb. Trying to time his prerecordred lyrics in that enviroment is next to impossible. You'd have to be a good singer & a better physicist to pull that one off. I'm surprised he did as good as he did. 

exactly emp. since it wasnt planned at all and I dont know the circumstances at the field in retaining a musical version of the song to play over the pa. Either way, it was a good time at the field for the folks in attendance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

And there's one thing to add. He's sung that song so much in concert over the years that he probably has a different rhythym/style to it than the studio version. He probably hasn't sung it in the same style as the studio version in years that it is probably unnatural ot him to sing it at the same pace as the studio version.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Niel Diamond apologists !!!!!! Pretty sure he is a Yankee fan .... Haha 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Niel Diamond apologists !!!!!! Pretty sure he is a Yankee fan .... Haha 

Ha! 

Pump your brakes kid. That mans a national treasure. ;)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

You guys all need to tone it down a little.  The fact is he flew across country early in the morning, showed up at the park 40 min. before game time and asked the Sox if they would let him sing HIS song.  He was extremely touched all week that other teams were playing his song to pay tribute to the city and the victims of the attack.  He did this of his own volition and it doesn't matter if he sounded off key with himself, its the gesture.  The crowd there went nuts.  And it doesn't matter what team he roots for, he did this out of respect and appreciation.  I say we just thank him and appreciate his gesture. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to ArmyPatsFan's comment:

You guys all need to tone it down a little.  The fact is he flew across country early in the morning, showed up at the park 40 min. before game time and asked the Sox if they would let him sing HIS song.  He was extremely touched all week that other teams were playing his song to pay tribute to the city and the victims of the attack.  He did this of his own volition and it doesn't matter if he sounded off key with himself, its the gesture.  The crowd there went nuts.  And it doesn't matter what team he roots for, he did this out of respect and appreciation.  I say we just thank him and appreciate his gesture. 

I apologize for my flippant skepticism and cynicism earlier in the thread.  It does indeed seem like a thoughtful gesture initiated by Mr. Diamond.  You're right.  Whether or not you like him, the song, or liked his performance is irrelevant.  For better or worse, the song has become part of a Fenway tradition.  Last week, the song took on a larger meaning.  It was about continuing to persevere, celebrate, and lighten up in spite of insanity and fear trying to bring us down.  

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts