THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE...........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE...........

REAL DEAL !!!!  MY GOODNESS, ALWAYS AROUND THE PLATE WITH ALL HIS PITCHES...... NICE FASTBALL, CURVE, AND CHANGE UP TOO !!!    GO SOX, THEO & TITO TOO !!! WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU T-BALL G M's ?????? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE...........

In Response to THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE...........:
      REAL DEAL !!!!  MY GOODNESS, ALWAYS AROUND THE PLATE WITH ALL HIS PITCHES...... NICE FASTBALL, CURVE, AND CHANGE UP TOO !!!    GO SOX, THEO & TITO TOO !!! WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU T-BALL G M's ?????? 
    Posted by Bill-806

Erik is the type of guy who could fit right into Theo's future plans if he finishes strong and likes Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE...........:
    In Response to THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE........... : Erik is the type of guy who could fit right into Theo's future plans if he finishes strong and likes Boston.
    Posted by craze4sox
      LOOKS LIKE AN ALL BUSINESS TYPE GUY TO ME.... ANOTHER LEFT HANDER TOO !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE........... :   LOOKS LIKE AN ALL BUSINESS TYPE GUY TO ME.... ANOTHER LEFT HANDER TOO !!
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill, there is nothing better than a calm veteren like Bedard who can recover from a bad inning quickly. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Funny we are touting how well Bedard is doing so far and yet many say the opposite about Wake who despite what people say is doing as well and maybe better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I thought he would be the perfect rental, now I'm wondering if he could have found a long term home here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well Telly I certainly hope so. the guy got squeezed big time last nite by the blue man. 37 pitches in the first inning and the amica strike zone clearly showed boo coo balls on the edge of the strike zone. and what did erik have to say to heidi afterwards? total class and humility. he said he was having some problems with his location. what I wanna know is how did the krap get started about him not wanting to come east eh Telly? If all goes well we could be looking at two righties and two lefties for the playoffs. but I am getting ahead of myself here. and yeah, I'm a little pissed that timmy isn't getting the kudo's that bedards gotten.

as a side note: funny thing how ex-yankees come back and haunt their old teams eh Telly! last nite it was bobby abrau (sp) matsui did it as well. gotta love it man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

can we still release Lackey?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Funny we are touting how well Bedard is doing so far and yet many say the opposite about Wake who despite what people say is doing as well and maybe better.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

The knuckleball is very under appreciated. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

are you serious Buritto? the guy has won his last 6 games in a row. (I get it, your joking around) :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Posted by JimfromFlorida

Bedard in the Rotation is a MAJOR improvement on Dice-k. a starting rotation of Lester Beckett Buchholz Bedard Lackey would be a great one. Yes Wakefield has been far better than expected but I think he has alot more value in the Pen. Notice how in his starts he pitches really well untill after the fifth inning. Its almost certain he will blow up in the sixth. In the pen there is no sixeth inning. Wake is till a great pitcher who can still dance his knuckler and fool you with the occasional fastball. But age is a factor in sports 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

NIce thread, Bill.

Dad would be proud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

With Buch not coming back anytime soon, Bedard was a very nice pick up, if he can only stay healthy.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hortonhearzacup. Show hortonhearzacup's posts

I agree that bedard has a future with this club he is only 32 and if you look at whats available on the free agent market . bedard might be one of the top values out there. Lester, beckett, bucholz,lackey, bedard and wake to fill in when he will definately be needed. sign ortiz and pap allow Bowden and doubront to fight it out with the veterens in the pen and let kalish and reddick fight it out for RF. Lowrie and Aviles at short and let lavernway back up Salty and RH DH at times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Bedard got squeezed last night for sure.  He looks real good, fits in the #4 slot perfectly.  Nothing wrong with Wake, he has contributed a lot this year, he will stay at #5 until Miller proves he can throw strikes.    Aceves must stay in the pen, he is too valuable to take out of that role.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE........... : Erik is the type of guy who could fit right into Theo's future plans if he finishes strong and likes Boston.
    Posted by craze4sox

Agree that if he plays well for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs, he may indeed by resigned by the Red Sox.  Couldn't imagine why this wouldn't happen.  You can never have enough pitching. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

well Telly I certainly hope so. the guy got squeezed big time last nite by the blue man. 37 pitches in the first inning and the amica strike zone clearly showed boo coo balls on the edge of the strike zone. and what did erik have to say to heidi afterwards? total class and humility. he said he was having some problems with his location. Posted by Hammah29r2

He was having with his location being called strikes!  That ump would call inside balls strikes, but wouldn't give on the outside corners some of the time.  Both teams were looking frustrated.  You usually don't see that many walks from both teams if the ump has a consistent zone. 

Still, to find out that he responded the way he did, that's cool.  Will he bust in on Francona's pre-game conference and start dropping f-bombs ala Papi today?Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE........... : Agree that if he plays well for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs, he may indeed by resigned by the Red Sox.  Couldn't imagine why this wouldn't happen.  You can never have enough pitching. 
    Posted by susan250

susan,

Bedard has a history of not staying healthy but look at "Clay" and others around the league.  You never know what might happen to a SP.  Having a rotation of Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Bedard and Lackey would certainly make things easier on us after losing Dice.

I Hope Bedard does well, I like his style!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE........... : Agree that if he plays well for the remainder of the season and into the playoffs, he may indeed by resigned by the Red Sox.  Couldn't imagine why this wouldn't happen.  You can never have enough pitching. 
    Posted by susan250

http://twitter.com/#!/SI_JonHeyman/statuses/96638240546750464

If Erik Bedard performs exceptionally well, the Red Sox will be among the the few teams that could afford his services for 2012.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to THANKS THEO, ERIK BEDARD IS THE...........:
    Posted by Bill-806

And didn't lose his cool even though McClellan screwed him bigtime in the first inning.  Lackey would have a meltdown.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

It wasn't that Bedard got squeezed, he got screwed. I've seen bad home plate umpiring this year but last night's was the worst. Time after time, especially with Delmon Young and Jim Thome, Bedard hit the corners or threw perfect strikes at the knees but McClellan called them balls. That it may have been bad for both sides, doesn't change the fact that it was just incompetent home plate umpiring. The league ought to review McClellan's effort because it was simply  awful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I have to admit I was right all along about him. I've been calling for the RS to land this guy for two years. Glad Theo listens to me sometimes.
    Now, if he would only listen and find a new 3B coach.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I have to admit I was right all along about him. I've been calling for the RS to land this guy for two years. Glad Theo listens to me sometimes. Now, if he would only listen and find a new 3B coach.
    Posted by Alibiike
    ALBI, THANK YOU.... I HAVE CALEED THEO TO LET HIM KNOW THAT YOU ARE ON BOARD !!!!Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

I agree that bedard has a future with this club he is only 32 and if you look at whats available on the free agent market . bedard might be one of the top values out there. Lester, beckett, bucholz,lackey, bedard and wake to fill in when he will definately be needed. sign ortiz and pap allow Bowden and doubront to fight it out with the veterens in the pen and let kalish and reddick fight it out for RF. Lowrie and Aviles at short and let lavernway back up Salty and RH DH at times.
    Posted by hortonhearzacup

horton,
    i said much or all of the same on another thread (so im wiht ya)

re bedard, a lot of comments from myself and others on the other bedard thread on page 1 of comments.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Bedard got squeezed last night for sure.  He looks real good, fits in the #4 slot perfectly.  Nothing wrong with Wake, he has contributed a lot this year, he will stay at #5 until Miller proves he can throw strikes.    Aceves must stay in the pen, he is too valuable to take out of that role.  
    Posted by soxmeister

if bedard is healthy, he is a better 3 option (more reliable than lackey).
    dont know if theyll have the stones to tell lacky he is 4th in rotation for the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts