Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!!

Drove up to Seattle from S. Oregon, 6 hrs + w/ traffic, to see the Sox play for our 5th Anniversary.  Seattle is AMAZING, especially when the Sox are in town!!
    Seriously!!!  It's like being back in Boston...  There are easily 30+ K Red Sox fans, packing the stadium, bars, pubs, restaurants, etc.  YOU can't walk 10 feet, LITERALLY.... without seeing Red Sox clad fans, out on the streets, morning, noon, & night... Having a great time, & acting as though you are family!  WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE going up to Seattle for these epic events!

Friday night was magical!!!  Went early, & my wife worked her charms (OK, she's just hot) & was able to get Jacoby & Tito to sign my beautiful Red Sox jacket...
    Came close to getting THE MIGHTY Pedey's signature also, but she was far too polite, & stepped aside for a couple of cute kids (who I tried to convince her, were nothing but "signature pros." plants:):)  OK....  They seemed like decent kids, & true Red Sox fans:)  She did snap a few pictures of Heidi for my 13yr. old son & me :)   She is even better looking in person, & pretty sweet to boot!

MAJOR PROPS!!!  & THANKS to Tito (who did the signature thing for a good 10/15+minutes both Fri. & Sat. nights), Jacoby, who was VERY FOCUSED, but took a quick minute to sign the coat for my wife :)  :),  Salty (who signed quite a few), & PEDEY :), who spent at least 10/15+ minutes both nights signing many a ball for the youngsters!!!  Several other players signed a few, BUT THOSE FOUR really went above & beyond just before the games, right there in the dugout :)  I really wish some of the other guys had taken a few minutes, but they were pretty busy warming up for the game.  TO BE FAIR....  I'm sure most of the guys did some signing that I didn't happen to see at a different place & time :)  So, thanks to ALL our guys :)

I'm sure it's easy for players to become cynical, what with all the "signature www.hores" out there!!!  BUT!!!  NO DOUBT....  You guys give most of us nothing but GREAT MEMORIES & Memorabilia that WILL LAST A LIFETIME, & STAY IN OUR FAMILIES FOREVER!!!!    :)   :)

:)   Thanks again!!!

p.s.   Ohhhh!  PARENTS!!!  Please teach your kids to say a big THANK YOU!!!  I'm always amazed to see how many kids, & parents, who don't say THANK YOU after getting a signature.  IT MATTERS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!!

Couldn't hear the trains whistles as they passed the stadium like I remember in the past. Are they silenced now. Glad that you had such a good time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Seeking autographs is deeply misplaced values.

Your wife should have sought out Ortiz, instead of Ellsbury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

That's a great story! Sounds like you and your family had a amazing time at the game. It's great that the Sox have always gotten such support on the road albeit the tickets are easier to come by. I truly believe there are fans everywhere across the country. Who could blame them? :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!!:
    [QUOTE]Drove up to Seattle from S. Oregon, 6 hrs + w/ traffic, to see the Sox play for our 5th Anniversary.  Seattle is AMAZING, especially when the Sox are in town!! Seriously!!!  It's like being back in Boston...  There are easily 30+ K Red Sox fans, packing the stadium, bars, pubs, restaurants, etc.  YOU can't walk 10 feet, LITERALLY.... without seeing Red Sox clad fans, out on the streets, morning, noon, & night... Having a great time, & acting as though you are family!  WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE going up to Seattle for these epic events! Friday night was magical!!!  Went early, & my wife worked her charms (OK, she's just hot) & was able to get Jacoby & Tito to sign my beautiful Red Sox jacket... Came close to getting THE MIGHTY Pedey's signature also, but she was far too polite, & stepped aside for a couple of cute kids (who I tried to convince her, were nothing but "signature pros." plants:):)  OK....  They seemed like decent kids, & true Red Sox fans:)  She did snap a few pictures of Heidi for my 13yr. old son & me :)   She is even better looking in person, & pretty sweet to boot! MAJOR PROPS!!!  & THANKS to Tito (who did the signature thing for a good 10/15+minutes both Fri. & Sat. nights), Jacoby, who was VERY FOCUSED, but took a quick minute to sign the coat for my wife :)  :),  Salty (who signed quite a few), & PEDEY :), who spent at least 10/15+ minutes both nights signing many a ball for the youngsters!!!  Several other players signed a few, BUT THOSE FOUR really went above & beyond just before the games, right there in the dugout :)  I really wish some of the other guys had taken a few minutes, but they were pretty busy warming up for the game.  TO BE FAIR....  I'm sure most of the guys did some signing that I didn't happen to see at a different place & time :)  So, thanks to ALL our guys :) I'm sure it's easy for players to become cynical, what with all the "signature www.hores " out there!!!  BUT!!!  NO DOUBT....  You guys give most of us nothing but GREAT MEMORIES & Memorabilia that WILL LAST A LIFETIME, & STAY IN OUR FAMILIES FOREVER!!!!    :)   :) :)   Thanks again!!! p.s.   Ohhhh!  PARENTS!!!  Please teach your kids to say a big THANK YOU!!!  I'm always amazed to see how many kids, & parents, who don't say THANK YOU after getting a signature.  IT MATTERS!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

They say thank you by paying for those seats.Players should bend over backwards to be so lucky to make those millions on our hard earned money.Let me tell you they are not gods and are so lucky to get paid ( $$$$$) for playing a kids game. They need to thank us when signing a baseball or whatever....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : They say thank you by paying for those seats.Players should bend over backwards to be so lucky to make those millions on our hard earned money.Let me tell you they are not gods and are so lucky to get paid ( $$$$$) for playing a kids game. They need to thank us when signing a baseball or whatever....
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

well stated; i agree 110%.
    hero-worshipping professional athletes is a pathetic endeavor.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : well stated; i agree 110%. hero-worshipping professional athletes is a pathetic endeavor.
    Posted by -theyazzer-[/QUOTE]

Wow!  You guys need to have a little fun in your lives!!!  It's not about "hero worship!  It's not about how much money they make!  It's not about us paying their salaries!  It's about being a FAN!!!  It's about them bringing JOY to our lives!  It's about being a part of the Red Sox family!  Try to enjoy life a little more, & b!tch a little less :)

p.s.  WE don't pay their salaries.  The owners do!  THEY sell a product that MILLIONS of Red Sox fans WANT TO BUY!!!  WE BUY THAT PRODUCT!   The players happen to be THE KEY "raw material" in building a VERY SALABLE & marketable product that Red Sox fans WANT TO BUY, & THE OWNERS are willing to put THEIR MONEY at risk & invest heavily on getting the BEST "RAW MATERIALS" they can.  Sometimes they strike GOLD with that "raw material," & other times it's simply fools gold....  THIS YEAR????   All those precious metals have combined to make THE PRODUCT OF A LIFETIME, & WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!!!!   :)   :)    :)

IT'S CALLED CAPITALISM!  THE ONLY THING WORSE?   EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

+++  How's that "HOPE & CHANGE" working out for us ???????

So!!!!   If you're not a fan of this product???  NO Problem!  Go join the Phillies bandwagon!  Whatever the problem????  WE don't really give a d@mn!  Go
    b!#ch somewhere else!  Otherwise........  CHILL OUT!  LIGHTEN UP!  TRY TO ENJOY LIFE A LITTLE BIT!    :)   :)  Life's too short to be angry all the time :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : Wow!  You guys need to have a little fun in your lives!!!  It's not about "hero worship!  It's not about how much money they make!  It's not about us paying their salaries!  It's about being a FAN!!!  It's about them bringing JOY to our lives!  It's about being a part of the Red Sox family!  Try to enjoy life a little more, & b!tch a little less :) p.s.  WE don't pay their salaries.  The owners do!  THEY sell a product that MILLIONS of Red Sox fans WANT TO BUY!!!  WE BUY THAT PRODUCT!   The players happen to be THE KEY "raw material" in building a VERY SALABLE & marketable product that Red Sox fans WANT TO BUY, & THE OWNERS are willing to put THEIR MONEY at risk & invest heavily on getting the BEST "RAW MATERIALS" they can.  Sometimes they strike GOLD with that "raw material," & other times it's simply fools gold....  THIS YEAR????   All those precious metals have combined to make THE PRODUCT OF A LIFETIME, & WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!!!!   :)   :)    :) IT'S CALLED CAPITALISM!  THE ONLY THING WORSE?   EVERYTHING ELSE!!! +++  How's that "HOPE & CHANGE" working out for us ??????? So!!!!   If you're not a fan of this product???  NO Problem!  Go join the Phillies bandwagon!  Whatever the problem????  WE don't really give a d@mn !  Go b!#ch somewhere else!  Otherwise........  CHILL OUT!  LIGHTEN UP!  TRY TO ENJOY LIFE A LITTLE BIT!    :)   :)  Life's too short to be angry all the time :)

Haha.  Seriously d-dog.  Yazzer and Softy are truly amazing.  Fascinating.  They obviously watch the Sox with great interest and spend an inordinate amount of time here on this board (not judging, i do too, in both regards).  But, if they actually feel as miserable about all that time and energy as they seem to in their posts, what a sad existence.  Poo-pooing autographs?  Haha.  HAHAHA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Color me Jealous! 

But I'm glad you had a great time! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Sounds like you had a blast. That's great! Getting autographs from performers we admire is harmless fun. It doesn't reflect at all on our values. Some things are just plain fun to do when the opportunity presents itself. After the Father's Day game at Fenway, I hung around after the game for the walk in the park. I walked on the warning track and got to take picture from a perspective I have never been able to before. Getting autographs is similar to that. It's just an added bonus to enjoying your favorite team. Enjoy your memorabilia, and most importantly, your memories of the fun time you had.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Put Yazzer onto ignore. Be nice to yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Seeking autographs is deeply misplaced values. Your wife should have sought out Ortiz, instead of Ellsbury.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

Nice point Softy!  Sorry I didn't "bitterly cling" to YOUR VALUES........

i.e.   Race baiting, hate, demagoguery, out of control pride, etc.   :)

p.s.   Tried like heck to get Papi's signature!!!  He ignored us.....  Must be a race thing huh???

p.p.s.  I actually promised him a 2 yr. contract at 19M too :)  Still didn't get my signature :(   I do hope we sign him to at least ONE MORE YEAR + a club option with performance incentives.  RSN will not be the same once he's gone!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

nice story redsoxdirtdog

I agree, thank you's are important everywhere in life

but nothing beats the kids reaction when

beckett gave him  that ball 

that's was piceless IMO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OKRedSoxFan. Show OKRedSoxFan's posts

Thank  you, thank you, thank you!  It was so refreshing reading a post by someone who sincerely is a  true fan of the Red Sox! And yes, there are even  Red Sox fans in Oklahoma.  Again, thank you for sharing such a great family experience.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]nice story redsoxdirtdog I agree, thank you's are important everywhere in life but nothing beats the kids reaction when   beckett gave him  that ball  that's was piceless IMO
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Ticket-$100.00
    Beer -$10.00
    Beckett Baseball -Priceless

The Sox/NESN must agree with you Zac. They've turned it into a commercial. what makes it even better; they had stood in line to get tickets before the game, ended up in the front row. Was just their day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

[QUOTE]Seeking autographs is deeply misplaced values. Your wife should have sought out Ortiz, instead of Ellsbury.

You are a sad, miserable excuse for a human being.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : Wow!  You guys need to have a little fun in your lives!!!  It's not about "hero worship!  It's not about how much money they make!  It's not about us paying their salaries!  It's about being a FAN!!!  It's about them bringing JOY to our lives!  It's about being a part of the Red Sox family!  Try to enjoy life a little more, & b!tch a little less :) p.s.  WE don't pay their salaries.  The owners do!  THEY sell a product that MILLIONS of Red Sox fans WANT TO BUY!!!  WE BUY THAT PRODUCT!   The players happen to be THE KEY "raw material" in building a VERY SALABLE & marketable product that Red Sox fans WANT TO BUY, & THE OWNERS are willing to put THEIR MONEY at risk & invest heavily on getting the BEST "RAW MATERIALS" they can.  Sometimes they strike GOLD with that "raw material," & other times it's simply fools gold....  THIS YEAR????   All those precious metals have combined to make THE PRODUCT OF A LIFETIME, & WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!!!!   :)   :)    :) IT'S CALLED CAPITALISM!  THE ONLY THING WORSE?   EVERYTHING ELSE!!! +++  How's that "HOPE & CHANGE" working out for us ??????? So!!!!   If you're not a fan of this product???  NO Problem!  Go join the Phillies bandwagon!  Whatever the problem????  WE don't really give a d@mn !  Go b!#ch somewhere else!  Otherwise........  CHILL OUT!  LIGHTEN UP!  TRY TO ENJOY LIFE A LITTLE BIT!    :)   :)  Life's too short to be angry all the time :)

wow, looks like a hit a nerve. and i like bitching here; neutralizes the kool-aide drinkers like yourself. and, btw, mr.tea, i'll let you know when i'm angry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]Put Yazzer onto ignore. Be nice to yourself.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

oh, pawsoxpill, did i hurt your day?
    i certainly hope so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : Nice point Softy!  Sorry I didn't "bitterly cling" to YOUR VALUES........ i.e.   Race baiting, hate, demagoguery, out of control pride, etc.   :) p.s.   Tried like heck to get Papi's signature!!!  He ignored us.....  Must be a race thing huh??? p.p.s.  I actually promised him a 2 yr. contract at 19M too :)  Still didn't get my signature :(   I do hope we sign him to at least ONE MORE YEAR + a club option with performance incentives.  RSN will not be the same once he's gone!!!!!

papi must have seen your tea party signs and made a run for it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

A new butt stupid low...great job...FACE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : well stated; i agree 110%. hero-worshipping professional athletes is a pathetic endeavor.

A newer butt stupid low even for you...your parents must really be proud...face

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : A newer butt stupid low even for you...your parents must really be proud...face
    Posted by daveymo1234[/QUOTE]

you seem awful familiar with BUTTS.
    do your parents know?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : papi must have seen your tea party signs and made a run for it.

WOW!  Yazzer.....  Hardly a Tea Party guy, but talk about someone drinking the Kool-Aid :)  I must say though....  your incredibly perceptive insight is beyond your IQ (not difficult)...  By making ONE reference to Capitalism & Hope & Change, clearly a big no no in YOUR world, you were able to lump me with the Tea Party???  You are too bright by half as they say.  THE TRULY SCARY THING?????  Too many people would EVEN GO WITH the Tea Party favorite Michelle Bachman over Jimmy Carter Obama (WHO I MISTAKENLY SUPPORTED IN 08).  Now......   I hope to God it's NOT HER!!!!!   BUT!!!!!!  Just a wee bit of criticism of The Emperor with no clothes gets you back to the bar for another shot of Kool-Aid.  Time to wake up my friend!  I do mean MY FRIEND too!  If you're a Red Sox fan???  If not????  GFYS :)  :)    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : WOW!  Yazzer.....  Hardly a Tea Party guy, but talk about someone drinking the Kool-Aid :)  I must say though....  your incredibly perceptive insight is beyond your IQ (not difficult)...  By making ONE reference to Capitalism & Hope & Change, clearly a big no no in YOUR world, you were able to lump me with the Tea Party???  You are too bright by half as they say.  THE TRULY SCARY THING?????   Too many people would EVEN GO WITH the Tea Party favorite Michelle Bachman over Jimmy Carter Obama (WHO I MISTAKENLY SUPPORTED IN 08 ).  Now......   I hope to God it's NOT HER!!!!!   BUT!!!!!!  Just a wee bit of criticism of The Emperor with no clothes gets you back to the bar for another shot of Kool-Aid.  Time to wake up my friend!  I do mean MY FRIEND too!  If you're a Red Sox fan???  If not????  GFYS :)  :)    

actually, the only way i'm voting in 2012 is if they add a NONE OF THE ABOVE
     choice in the voting booth.
    and i am a RED SOX FAN; only because of TED WILLIAMS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks to Jacoby, Salty & Tito for signatures!!! : actually, the only way i'm voting in 2012 is if they add a NONE OF THE ABOVE  choice in the voting booth. and i am a RED SOX FAN; only because of TED WILLIAMS.

What about Yazz???  :)  Come on now!  OK.....  I think we've found common ground :)  All is forgiven & forgotten!   GO SOX!!!   :)

p.s.  Sorry about my offensive post on the other thread :)  I'm a little bit riled up by listening to more Obama campaign rhetoric on the tube, while the country continues to languish in the midst of the GREATEST RECESSION since the Great Depression.  The emperor with no clothes continues to fiddle while Rome burns.

Time for me to JACK DOWN!  :)  I just still can't believe I supported Jimmy Carter Obama in 08!  Shame on me.  "Fool me once....."  To quote one of the greatest bands of ALL TIME, "We won't get fooled again... no no no!"