That one was on Scutaro and Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Re: That one was on Scutaro and Crawford

The average salary in 1920 was about $1500 per year, it took 83 average workers salaries to earn as much as Ruth's price tag to the Yanks. At an average of $35,000 per year , Crawford earns as much as 571 average Americans per year.

I think Harry Frazee got screwed. As far as remembering what Crawford earned 90 years from now, don't worry about that we will all be speaking Chinese.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: That one was on Scutaro and Crawford:
    [QUOTE]I haven't done the exact numbers but, and I am guessing a bit here , however, from observations, I would bet I am real close. If you took out Crawford's bloop hits to left field and his infield hits, his batting average would be about .130 . Now I know hitters get bloop hits to the opposite field , Pedey sure gets a lot (LOL) . But Crawford , not only can't hit a lefty's breaking ball , or a righty's curve in the dirt, but 1/2 of the hits he does get are bloopers to left or infield hits. Now he's 30-31 he can beat out a lot of slow rollers, that was his only hit today. What happens in 4 years when he's 34-35 he won't beat those out that's what will happen. J. D. Drew stunk most of his first year, he got hot in August that year, he was hitting like .210 to the middle of July, but he was expensive , not near as much as Crawford is , and JD killed the Cardinals in the World Series that year.  Guys that get that kind of money $20 million per season, get no slack, neither do the guy's who sign them. The pressure's on from the get go. When a player signs a huge contract, management is basically saying, you are the guy we want to play (in this case) Left Field for the next 7 years. Think about that for a moment. So we are not going to see any hot prospects getting a chance in Left , because they are totally committed to Crawford, ridiculous, but true. Basically they gave Crawford , Adrian Gonzales money , more than St. Louis gave a better player and a right handed hitter Holliday. More than the Sox gave Beckett, Youk, Pedey, Big Papi. Does that upset the apple cart? With Crawfords performance so far , there are rumblings in the clubhouse, that I guarantee. For one Boras is licking his chops. He's Ellsbury's agent case you forgot.  Crawford will go down as the biggest mistake, because of the money, since Harry Frazee sold George Herman Ruth to the New York Yankees for $125,000, 90 years ago. I hope Theo pays for this one.
    Posted by aussiewill[/QUOTE]

BLUNDER won't pay. he's the adopted son of JOHN HENRY.
    i do, however, agree with everything you said. CRAWFISH will be another albatross for the SOX for years to come.
    THEO worshippers hate me, but i don't care. MR BLUNDER is the GEORGE W.
    of baseball GM'S.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

how did this go from throwing 2 Sox under a bus thread to "this poster was right, that poster was wrong, and how dare one poster take the side of another poster."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: That one was on Scutaro and Crawford:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That one was on Scutaro and Crawford : royf19 thanks. When you win a game you are simply the better team that day, and maybe you were only the better team because the other one had "many gaffes."   harness  if your team makes too many gaffes as you say, and the other team makes fewer does that not make them the better team that particular game? Uh, yes it does. Or do you just want to argue or disagree on EVERYTHING I SAY? Your so ready to get on my case you made yourself look silly on this one.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You are such a fool. Why do you think ROY didn't come back with a retort?
    He knows the difference between a better team as opposed to one who simply executed sound fundamentals.

There's a huge difference between gaffs and talent. The better team doesn't always win. Nor is it true "if you win a game, you were the better team that day".
    Making that kind of generalization is ludicrous. A team could make 5 errors while the other played flawlessly. And yet the erroneous team could easily win, despite not playing better.

I'm betting you didn't even watch the damn game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If I had a 6 run lead I'd start walking everyone too.....he better not cry when he gets pulled.