That's Why No One Wants To Play Here!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

That's Why No One Wants To Play Here!!!

Nomar might be a lot of things to some of you, but I always thought that this line from him in the clubhouse following a Sox game pretty much captures what I believe most free agents now will see as true...Who would want to come to As the Red Sox World Turns...So you can get abused by:
    1. fans on this board 
    2. the talk radio crews
    3. your own teammates
    4. your owner
    5. your team president
    ....Boston is a great sports city, and always will be, but the idea of becoming a Red Sox for outsiders has got to be pretty not-inviting. Sure, you might have some fun and win, but eventually you will be kicked out the door with treadmarks on your back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: That's Why No One Wants To Play Here!!!

Last Red Sox who went out of town without some acrimony not thrown his way was Carl Yastrzemski. Pretty much every other star player got some sort of exit treatment--Schilling and his last contract, Nomar and the trade, Vaughn and his Foxy Lady visits, Dwight Evans discarded, Greenwell discarded, Stanley cleans out his locker, Pedro is a diva, Clemens is in the Twilight, Manny is Evil, Millar is over bearing, Lowe is a drunk, Boggs and his trysts and his calls to the official scorers, Bay isn't worth it, Cabrera was a player wife chaser, Rice turns into a glorified singles hitter, Tito is a drug addict, Grady didn't follow the plan. Now we have Beckett is a cancer, Wakefield is selfish, Lester is a bad teammate, Varitek is not  a captain, Ortiz cares more about official scorers decisions (see Boggs)....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bruce Hurst was a bible thumper, Lee was a cancer, Lynn and Fisk high-fiving because of botched contract sendouts--can't wait to leave the Sox....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to That's Why No One Wants To Play Here!!!:
    [QUOTE]Nomar might be a lot of things to some of you, but I always thought that this line from him in the clubhouse following a Sox game pretty much captures what I believe most free agents now will see as true...Who would want to come to As the Red Sox World Turns...So you can get abused by: 1. fans on this board  2. the talk radio crews 3. your own teammates 4. your owner 5. your team president ....Boston is a great sports city, and always will be, but the idea of becoming a Red Sox for outsiders has got to be pretty not-inviting. Sure, you might have some fun and win, but eventually you will be kicked out the door with treadmarks on your back.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

You didn't finish...Tell us what went on with every other team and how they are so different then our SOX. Yes!! i want to play for clean team Seattle or clean team KC. Sure they do... Fielder can't wait for that offer !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Everett makes children cry on Mother's Day, Teddy Ball's kids keeping his brain preserved and fighting over it, Conigliaro dies and the ownership has a coup, Tiant signs with the Yankees-that traitor!, Kennedy was Canseco's buddy...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ah, As the Red Sox World Turns....wouldn't have it any other way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Nomar said the Sox dugout is so small that some players go into the clubhouse just to get a seat which is also tiny compared other major league clubhouses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: That's Why No One Wants To Play Here!!!:
    [QUOTE]Nomar said the Sox dugout is so small that some players go into the clubhouse just to get a seat which is also tiny compared other major league clubhouses.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

especially if you have to pick up that order of wings and beer you called in during the 4th inning....

those poor players...making all that money and cant find a comfy seat on the bench - maybe we can get lazy-boys in for them?????

beyond pathetic

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

In the end - money talks. I don't see anyone taking a discount to come here next year to have a chance to win, but I also don't see free agents turning down top dollar if offered to come here.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

And like Mo Vaughn most of the players who left wished they had stayed, in fact did not the team let Nomar retire as a Red Sox. Your wrong to a degree dcater... 

Just the other day that tool NOMAR was on the radio recalling how he told the LA press that when Manny arrived they would see he was really a great guy and nothing like the media portrayed him. Manny quit on his team around a year later and the Dodger fans were not chanting his name anymore, they were booooooooooooing him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

For the record. Manny's first several months as a Dodger, he was a phenomenon to the point that certain parts of the park were labled his area. 99 was the most sold jersey anywhere in LA, including Kobe. I live out here by the way, so I ought to know. When he got suspended, I guess that is what you meant by "quit." Kind of hard to come back from 50-game suspensions. Another misconception of yours is that Dodgers fans boo...They never boo, they never do much of anything except cheer for the Dodgers--or do the wave. Your own perceptions of Nomar and Manny are consistent with most ungrateful fans of Sox Nation. You have no idea how much they both meant to the success of the Sox. That is very clear from your post, twice-grilled.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's Why No One Wants To Play Here!!! : especially if you have to pick up that order of wings and beer you called in during the 4th inning.... those poor players...making all that money and cant find a comfy seat on the bench - maybe we can get lazy-boys in for them????? beyond pathetic
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Chicken three times in six months? I think you can give that a rest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]For the record. Manny's first several months as a Dodger, he was a phenomenon to the point that certain parts of the park were labled his area. 99 was the most sold jersey anywhere in LA, including Kobe. I live out here by the way, so I ought to know. When he got suspended, I guess that is what you meant by "quit." Kind of hard to come back from 50-game suspensions. Another misconception of yours is that Dodgers fans boo...They never boo, they never do much of anything except cheer for the Dodgers--or do the wave. Your own perceptions of Nomar and Manny are consistent with most ungrateful fans of Sox Nation. You have no idea how much they both meant to the success of the Sox. That is very clear from your post, twice-grilled.

That is lame, your actually justifying his actions - sorry I read the LA Times articles and Dodger forums, they WERE ALL sick of Manny near the end. Did I mention again ALL? Maybe I need to say it 3 times - they were ALL sick of him.

BTW who was talking about is intial half year with LA? I was talking about the end result.

Mo Vaughn himself stated very plainy he was not overly mature in how he handled his end year with Duquette. 

Nomar hates Boston - as was clear in his WEEI clip and his take last week on ESPN. Yet he still wanted to come back for the STANDING OVATION and retire with a Sox uniform.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

This fiasco won't just disappear in thin air.     For all of 2012 and maybe longer, players will have September of 2011 in their heads will be asked by media in other cities about what happened.     
    A new image has to be created about playing in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think it's kind of normal when a hometime hero "quits" and heads out for greener pastures (money) that the fans trash him just like the fans in Boston have done.  Wouldn't be loyal fans if everyone wished him the best and told the gaining team what a great guy they were getting. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Is this Dannycater saying that the specific player was always innocent in each and every case? The law of averages would not agree with that. If one hundred former players were slighted by
    1. fans on this board
    2. the talk radio crews
    3. your own teammates
    4. your owner
    5. your team president

You would as a logical person have to assume that once in awhile that the player was guilty as charged. Taking the side of the player on each and every occasion is being unrealistic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes that is what he is saying. First Nomar did not like Duquette than he despised the new owners... he was the good guy of course.  Manny was just misunderstood, and Roger just wanted to play closer to home.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Hey danny,

Talk radio exist in every city and most players never listen to it. If a team or a players is playing poorly then that city's media is quick to look for scapegoats...What makes playing in city's like Boston, New York and Philly attractive to many players is what also can be seen as a detractor...That's having very passionate fan bases that are tuned into the team and are hungry for all things hometowne nine...

In sport it's about what have you done for me lately and in the Northeast the news and media outlets are always looking for a scoop to feed the monster...when a player is underperforming or begins to negotiate his contract in public then the scribes all get on thephone to their insdie source trying to get the dirt...both the team and the players are guilty of leaking sensitive information to the press trying to sway public opinion...That's called politics...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Danny concentrated entirely on how players were "mistreated" but failed to mention that the media, fans, talk shows, and forums "mistreat" managers, coaches, management, and ownership. Every complaint has to be analyzed individually and in doing so one needs to assess the credibility of the critics and their sources. Do you take Michael Felger at his word or figure that his act is merely to be a devil's advocate. Does CHB have opinions that aren't backed up by facts and sources?  You should come to the conclusion that sometimes the players were right and sometimes management was right. It's a complex world out there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 68fbrd. Show 68fbrd's posts

Remember, Nomar is no ANGEL either. He QUIT on the team in '04. He has no reason to talk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Remember, Nomar is no ANGEL either. He QUIT on the team in '04. He has no reason to talk.
    Posted by 68fbrd[/QUOTE]

Half the players on Dannycater's list were not angels but he seems to think that they all were.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I look around the league and see alot of failure:

Philly=fail
    NYY= fail
    Det=fail
    MIL=fail
    ATL=fail
    TB=fail
    LAA=fail

This year BOS came in first in that long line of failure. It happens. Let's move on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to That's Why No One Wants To Play Here!!!:
    [QUOTE]Nomar might be a lot of things to some of you, but I always thought that this line from him in the clubhouse following a Sox game pretty much captures what I believe most free agents now will see as true...Who would want to come to As the Red Sox World Turns...So you can get abused by: 1. fans on this board  2. the talk radio crews 3. your own teammates 4. your owner 5. your team president ....Boston is a great sports city, and always will be, but the idea of becoming a Red Sox for outsiders has got to be pretty not-inviting. Sure, you might have some fun and win, but eventually you will be kicked out the door with treadmarks on your back.
       Fans on this board the #1 reason, more like reason #101, do you really think thatthe players care what we post .

Sections
Shortcuts