The 2013 Red Sox Bullpen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: The 2013 Red Sox Bullpen

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The Rays' pen is pretty sketchy.

The Rays bullpen last season led the American League in ERA (2.88) and was second in WAR (6.7).  The Red Sox bullpen was 11th in ERA (3.88) and sxith in WAR (4.6).

The Sox had significant offseason additions with Joel Hanrahan and Koji Uehara (but losing Scott Atchison and Mark Melancon), while the main losses in the Tampa Bay bullpen were J.P. Howell and Burke Badenhop.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: The 2013 Red Sox Bullpen

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The Rays' pen is pretty sketchy.

The Rays bullpen last season led the American League in ERA (2.88) and was second in WAR (6.7).  The Red Sox bullpen was 11th in ERA (3.88) and sxith in WAR (4.6).

The Sox had significant offseason additions with Joel Hanrahan and Koji Uehara (but losing Scott Atchison and Mark Melancon), while the main losses in the Tampa Bay bullpen were J.P. Howell and Burke Badenhop.

Hill, it's not all about last year. I admit, the Rays pen has overperformed expectations for years, but as of right now, it is pretty sketchy.

Yes, we added Hanrahan and Uehara, but we also did not have Breslow all of 2012, a healthy Bailey either, Aceves and Bard in their more sucessful roles, and a possible infusion of youth like Tazawa, DLR or Webster.

I'll take our pen over the Rays easily. I mean, how many times can the Rays pull a rabbit out of their hats? Last year it was Rodney with a 0.60 ERA after 5 straight seasons over 4.00. The year before it was Farnsworth. The year before was Soriano- less of a surprise, but still a career high year.

Sections
Shortcuts