The 4.5 game lead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

The 4.5 game lead

when Sox went to the west tour prior to the AS brake... It vanished in the Long Hot Summer already here... Well, we shall always remember the 20-8 wonderful start or the June Sprint...oh if season would have ended July 4th... Regretfully it is a six months affair...future in the Farm so Wait till next year or better 2015... ( to think that when night is over, sox will be just a half game back)... Pessimistic, no, realistic yes... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: The 4.5 game lead

In response to Javi60's comment:

when Sox went to the west tour prior to the AS brake... It vanished in the Long Hot Summer already here... Well, we shall always remember the 20-8 wonderful start or the June Sprint...oh if season would have ended July 4th... Regretfully it is a six months affair...future in the Farm so Wait till next year or better 2015... ( to think that when night is over, sox will be just a half game back)... Pessimistic, no, realistic yes... 

What?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Yaz's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree. The Red Sox have shown in the past --for the most part--they are not a second-half team. I understand[ realistically] this year was probably a 82-85 win season. So, so far, it has been an overachieving surprise. With that said, you can see when facing the Rays and Orioles--now--how overmatched they are. Sad to see how fast they slide.

[/QUOTE]

The real story is that the Ray haven't lost at all this month. Unfornately for them it can't last and they won't add at the dead line. The good thing for the Sox they get to play the Mariners soon.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

A lot of posters here don't like realistic.

I have all the respect in the world for truly realistic opinions.

But there's no question that some people here take a pessimistic stance and call it a realistic one because it sounds so much better. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Lead is Gone baby gone ! Young Ben better not get fooled and make a deal. As we say in the military, Young Ben had better get activated real soon and get back into the war. Its his neck, this team needs help in the way of hitting and a pitcher. Dont't get fooled and think that Daniel Nava is anything more than a backup outfielder and John Lackey is going to continue his metamorphasis. Nava looks over matched at the plate now and Lackey looks like he did in 2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Lead is Gone baby gone ! Young Ben better not get fooled and make a deal. As we say in the military, Young Ben had better get activated real soon and get back into the war. Its his neck, this team needs help in the way of hitting and a pitcher. Dont't get fooled and think thay Daniel Nava is anything more than a backup outfielder and John Lackey is going to continue his metamorphasis. Nava looks over matched at the plate now. 

As you look "overmatched" on this forum, as always.  Good to see our "military" has morphed into a bunch of whiners, though. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lead is Gone baby gone ! Young Ben better not get fooled and make a deal. As we say in the military, Young Ben had better get activated real soon and get back into the war. Its his neck, this team needs help in the way of hitting and a pitcher. Dont't get fooled and think thay Daniel Nava is anything more than a backup outfielder and John Lackey is going to continue his metamorphasis. Nava looks over matched at the plate now. 

As you look "overmatched" on this forum, as always.  Good to see our "military" has morphed into a bunch of whiners, though. 

[/QUOTE]

Not looking good to sit pat and do nothing. Hey brave guy try serving a combat tour of 13 months in Iraq. I bet you do not have the back bone to do it,

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

[QUOTE]

I'd say you're optimistic if you see a good future in the SOX farm system. 

[/QUOTE]

Prospects do not always pan out. Middlebrooks is struggling bigtime this year and in my 56 years of experience I have more oftn seen prospects fail then make it in the big leagues.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not looking good to sit pat and do nothing. Hey brave guy try serving a combat tour of 13 months in Iraq. I bet you do not have the back bone to do it,

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was smart enough to be able to go to college, but my friends who weren't, and actually had to go into the military to get an education for many different reasons, NEVER brag about it.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I agree. The Red Sox have shown in the past --for the most part--they are not a second-half team. I understand[ realistically] this year was probably a 82-85 win season. So, so far, it has been an overachieving surprise. With that said, you can see when facing the Rays and Orioles--now--how overmatched they are. Sad to see how fast they slide.

[/QUOTE]

The real story is that the Ray haven't lost at all this month. Unfornately for them it can't last and they won't add at the dead line. The good thing for the Sox they get to play the Mariners soon.

[/QUOTE]

yea but we just dropped 2 out of 3 to them and they are back on Monday.  How do you know they can't last?  They just pounced on the Yankees and took over first place.

[/QUOTE]

I think they won't win at the rate they are winning in July. No team can play 900 ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The real story is that we simply don't have the pitching to compete with the Rays. And we can't beat the Orioles. Gonna be tough to make the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Doom and Gloom!!!!!!

Thats when the board is at its best, no?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Doom and Gloom!!!!!!

Thats when the board is at its best, no?

AKA: reality

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from exdodgerfan. Show exdodgerfan's posts

It looks like the players in the dugout have given up since Pede's new contract became the topic (even before it was announced).

No more "grinding" at the plate for the first time this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Fear is usually a great equalizer. There is no fear for opposing pitchers after Ortiz, Nap protects Ortiz-there is no one to protect Nap. Our starting pitching has been decent--occasional breakdown but for the most part pretty good.

The Pen started great then injuries. I think we found a couple of people--Britton and Beato. Those are  good finds--there are more.

My suggestion--because I don't feel as comfortable facing the Rays and the M's, allbeit at home, as some people do because they both have pitching and they can hit. If JF insists on staying with the same starting lineup--when Lackey and Lester pitch have Ortiz DH for Drew or Iggy and let Lester and Lackey hit. I'm serious the two pitchers are more of a power threat than the two position players. 

More serious note and this will require more willingness to make internal moves: bench both Iggy and Drew and their great gloves in favor of WMB and Bogaerts. Insert WMB behind Nap, then Carp in LF and Bogaerts at SS followed by Lava for a few games.

Lineup: Ells, Vic, Ped, Ortiz, Nap, WMB, Carp, Xman, Lava--a threat is watching someone else's back. Lava may be the closest thing to a sure out. Salty needs a break--maybe even a visit to the DL.

If that change doesn't help call in other reinforcements. You've got other players downthrough  Lowell, keep looking until you compile the best 25.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Well I guess you can quit watching games now. See you back here in 2015.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was smart enough to be able to go to college, but my friends who weren't, and actually had to go into the military to get an education for many different reasons, NEVER brag about it.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey a@ole I have a Masters Degree and was an officer. Trying doing something productive in your life instead of just watching TV and making stupid ignorant statements.

[/QUOTE]

A Master's degree in what?!  "Incessant whining 101?"  "How to be a chatroom tough guy because I can hide behind my computer?"  "The business of baseball for the clueless?"  "How a moron finally gets respect telling complete strangers about his "war heroics?"  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

can we end the drew experiment now and let iggy play short and move middlebrooks to 3b...we simply cant afford to have a corner infielder be a punch and judy hitter

i dont care if he hits .180 as long as he has some big hits and produces some runs....Pedey batting third is desperation

As always - 100% correct!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And the Red Sox are 4-7 in their last 11.

Sections
Shortcuts