The 5 most asked about Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The 5 most asked about Red Sox

From MLBTraderumors.com:

A league source told Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com that the five most sought-after Red Sox are pitcher Matt Barnes, shortstop Jose Iglesias, outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr., infielder Xander Bogaerts, and catcher Ryan Lavarnway.  However, Boston hasn't internally discussed making any of them available, making their chances of landing an elite starter slim.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: The 5 most asked about Red Sox

Might as well trade Lavarnaway. 

I mean - they have made the decision to never let him play in Boston, so just trade him already.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Jose Iglesias and Ryan Lavarnway are expandable in my opinion. Especially Iglesias.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Barnes bradley and bogaerts are ones id keep unless you can have them adequately replaced by getting wowed in a trade...Everyone else is available...Those 3 right now are very important to the sox for whats going on the next year or 2 with current players on this team...ie; Ells/Bradley jr, struggling rotation/barnes and Bogaerts has some crazy potential that i would wait another year or 2 to see how he develops...That is, unless they are overwhelmed in a trade... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: The 5 most asked about Red Sox:
    Jose Iglesias and Ryan Lavarnway are expandable in my opinion. Especially Iglesias.
    Posted by JohnnyLefty

I agree.  the team refuses to call them up.  So just trade them already

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

That list is a list of players that should all be here by 2014, we should not be interested in assisting other teams improve by taking our prime prospects. We should be unloading the junk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The only one of the five I'd make available is Iglesias.As Southpaw said Barnes,Bradley and Bogaerts show great potential.Lavarnway needs to be kept in case Salty gets hurt.Iglesias shows some great defense at times,but his bat would be almost an automatic out right now in the majors and I don't know if it'll improve too much in the future.
      I actually thought the Sox would have traded Shoppach by now for a prospect or two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Trade Shopp? No way Jose. Cherington is bent on not being a seller. Cellar seller.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Trade Shopp? No way Jose. Cherington is bent on not being a seller. Cellar seller.
    Posted by EnchiladaT

I still think it could happen.A low cost,veteran catcher with a 30% caught stealing rate would be a decent pick up if a contending team needs one.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There is a reason why they are the most sought after prospects. They all have the potential to be outstanding major league ballplayers. They are the best that we have in the system. Under team control for years , at a low cost.  No way that any of them should be traded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Barnes bradley and bogaerts are ones id keep unless you can have them adequately replaced by getting wowed in a trade...Everyone else is available...Those 3 right now are very important to the sox for whats going on the next year or 2 with current players on this team...ie; Ells/Bradley jr, struggling rotation/barnes and Bogaerts has some crazy potential that i would wait another year or 2 to see how he develops...That is, unless they are overwhelmed in a trade... 
    Posted by southpaw777

Two or three years down the road doens't mean anything now. Other teams bring their star prospects up to play 3 or 4 years earlier than the Sox do.
    Unless you have investments in this franchise, why do you care about prospects that may never see a big league AB in a sox uniform?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: The 5 most asked about Red Sox : I still think it could happen.A low cost,veteran catcher with a 30% caught stealing rate would be a decent pick up if a contending team needs one.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Sure, lets trade away the catcher that can actually throw runners out, and keep the one that can't.
    Makes perfect sense.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Keep them all. They are the future. Don't panic.
    Posted by Calzone65

Who cares about the future? The future is now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I was hoping this was a list of players from the MLB team that other teams wanted.  Don't trade prospects.  Trade for prospects.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: The 5 most asked about Red Sox : One never knows whether you have given up on this team for this season since you change your mind every other day. What is constant and predictable is your whining, pessimism, and bleak outlook.
    Posted by Calzone65

What is also constant is your delusional view of reality. It doesn't matter how wonderful our prospects are, unless the goal of the organization is to build a team for the future.
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't expect to win in the present with leftovers, when the main course is still on the menu.
    This what the Sox seem to be doing, trying to piece-meal a championship with used parts, waiting for new ones to become available.
    I say just bring the kids up and be done with it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Some pretty bold claims above about how ready those five are, should be brought up immediately, etc. 

I disagree.  Iglesias is not a secret project hidden in the low minors.  He's at the AAA level, came to ST, and even spent a week or so with the big club.  They know what he can do, and they don't think he is ready yet.  Lavarnway--same deal.    Bradley was drafted, what, last year?  And the current schedule suggests he can get to Pawtucket this year and Boston late next year. 

Meanwhile, Aviles has been above average on defense and is 3d on the team in rbi's.  What's to gripe about?  Together Shoppach and Saltamacchia have been a pretty effective tandem at catcher,which gives Lavarnway more time to develop.   Ciriaco, I should hasten to add, has stayed on the big club for a month or so, but hasn't played much SS, probably for good reason. 

Or consider Rizzo the firstbaseman the Sox traded to San Diego for AGon.  He bombed because the Padres brought him up too soon and had to send him back.  So then he was traded to the Cubs and, after awhile, got back to MLB where he has done pretty well.  

As others have said, the Sox tend to recruit college guys, who are older when they arrive and therefore older when they make it to MLB--see Pedroia, Ellsbury, Papelbon, and others I've forgotten about.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I wonder whether other teams have inquired about Will Middlebrooks or whether other teams see Middlebrooks 1) as a Red Sox fixture, or 2) a risky gamble based on his high strikeout rate and low walk rate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

I wonder whether other teams have inquired about Will Middlebrooks or whether other teams see Middlebrooks 1) as a Red Sox fixture, or 2) a risky gamble based on his high strikeout rate and low walk rate.
    Posted by hill55

What Middlebrooks is: A cocky young player who is feeling his oats. He needs to eat a little humble pie, and be greateful for the opportunity. Only then will he be successful in the long term.

What Middlebrooks isn't: Mike Trout!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Wait...our 5 most asked about players aren't Beckett, Crawford, Lackey, DiceK, and Salty?

Sections
Shortcuts