The Aging Yankee Core led by Posada

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

The Aging Yankee Core led by Posada

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2011/05/politi_aging_yankee_core_playe.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: The Aging Yankee Core led by Posada

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well, we're all getting older. But for most of us, there isn't much of a future beyond our working years.

For these guys they have a bright future. They can be actors ( see O.J. Simpson) they can be TV commentators ( see Dandy Don Meredith, Sugar Ray Leonard) or they can be coaches ( see Joe Girardi, Terry Francona et al) or they can become experts in the legal field ( see Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds).

Anyone feel sorry for aging , overpaid, athletes with bloated egos? 

Not me.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Interesting - Posada has a career year, gets a huge contract, and then disappears.  He should either go back to doing whatever he was doing before he signed his contract, or just sit on the bench and laugh all the way to the bank.

Maybe he should schedule an appointment with Colon's fitness instructor.  I'm sure whatever is ailing Posada can be fixed with a quick trip to the Dominican.

The only risk is if Posada unknowingly (of course) took something that  contained a banned substance and he was suspended for 50 games, costing him around $4 million dollars.

So there are the options - risk suspension or sit on the bench.  Or, suffer a back strain from working out.  Or maybe a calf strain - worked for Nomar.

Didn't anyone in the Yankees organization foresee this happening when they resigned Posada?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"or they can become experts in the legal field ( see Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds)."

This is great..thanks, I actually did LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"Or maybe a calf strain - worked for Nomar."

I wouldnt say it actually worked for Nomah at all..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The Core Four name is a joke

First, P.E.D.ittee jumped ship b/c Stein wasn't interested in keeping him and P.E.D.ittee wanted more money

Second, Bernie Williams was more important than all of them except for Rivera

PS - there was some funny stuff by Cartman this morning on YES about the whole debacle and I hear that Suzie Waldman was crying over the whole scene....again....as per usual.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNationCT. Show SoxNationCT's posts

After watching Russell Martin box the ball around all weekend, maybe Jorge has a point that he should see some time at catcher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to The Aging Yankee Core led by Posada:

Yanks are headed back to the 80's.  Back to the good ole days where you turned the News at 11 on WPIX and watched the plumes of smoke billowing out of the stadium.  The team sucked so bad the fans lit the seats on fire.  Lol. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1--. Show --The--Babe--1--'s posts

In Response to Re: The Aging Yankee Core led by Posada:
    Interesting - Posada has a career year, gets a huge contract, and then disappears.  He should either go back to doing whatever he was doing before he signed his contract, or just sit on the bench and laugh all the way to the bank. Maybe he should schedule an appointment with Colon's fitness instructor.  I'm sure whatever is ailing Posada can be fixed with a quick trip to the Dominican. The only risk is if Posada unknowingly (of course) took something that  contained a banned substance and he was suspended for 50 games, costing him around $4 million dollars. So there are the options - risk suspension or sit on the bench.  Or, suffer a back strain from working out.  Or maybe a calf strain - worked for Nomar. Didn't anyone in the Yankees organization foresee this happening when they resigned Posada?

Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Maybe papi can introduce him to his friends down there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: The Aging Yankee Core led by Posada:
    In Response to Re: The Aging Yankee Core led by Posada : Maybe papi can introduce him to his friends down there.
    Posted by --The--Babe--1--

I'm sure A-Rod's got it covered...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"Maybe papi can introduce him to his friends down there."

No doubt.  But why ask Big Papi when he can ask Colon.  And speaking of rejuvenated players, Russell Martin seems to have found his stroke.  But I truly doubt Posada needs to ask anyone.  It's not like he's a virgin to PEDs.

If Posada was on PEDs during his career year that also happened to result in him getting a new contract, then he should go back to taking PEDS and risk testing positive and getting suspended.  Make him dance with the one that brought him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ca$hman didn't learn his lesson with the Posada Adventure Contract....Oh Well!!!!!!!

Possibly the worst signing ever is Soriano

If Soriano does great, the yankees won't be able to keep him and if Soriano does poorly, the yankees will be stuck with him.  The player holds all the cards here.......a really under-rated pathetic contract........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The NYY knew just what they were doing with the Posada signing but they did not anticipate a few days of distractions in 2011. The probably were pretty aware that they might have to deal with a relatively dead year at the back end. When they did this contract Jorge had come off of a year where he caught in 138 games, appeared in 144 games and put up a .970 OPS. Two years into the contract he put up a .885 OPS and was a valued contributor to their 1st WS win in 21st Century.

While injury caused Lowell's problems the contract and situation aren't radically different. Well capitalized teams will often opt to risk getting worse at a position some time in the future as opposed to the likelihood of getting worse immediately to avoid the more distant probabilities. And they mave have over estimated Jorge's ability to adjust to being a DH. 

Now the A-Rod contract is a whole other matter and somewhere along the line the NYY lost their nerve because nobody else was going to able to afford A-Rod and they just flat over extended the years and in hindsight by many years.

This OP can probably be filed with the other 10,000 threads in last 5 years prediciting the demise of the aging NYY.

Jusdt my take

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

This Globe article seems to sum it up. It seems that Smiley Beni predicted this several months ago and was chastised and called a troll in this forum. Should the Globe reporter be banned like Beni was?
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2011/05/16/posada_brouhaha_might_be_first_of_many_in_bronx/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Posada is done....which yanks can handle b/c he was a great Yankee.  Insubordination and a me first attitude...they cannot tolerate and no one should.  EVER.  So, yes, they should cut bait to get him off the team as a person more than a hitter. Yanks are so disgusted by his actions that they find it hard to root for him ever again.  Jeter isn't far behind with his...I'm a shortstop nonsense. No, you're a Yankee and a Yankee worries about winning, not where he bats or where he plays.

The Yankees are not in a slump.  Swisher is in a slump.  Arod is in a slump...but the team is not in a slump...they are as good as you're seeing.  A borderline playoff team and that's it.  They are being outmanaged on a nightly basis and players are not being utilized to their strengths.  The manager and FO are afraid to move jeter from leadoff and it will continue to hurt the team.  

The pitching has been pretty good, in fact very good, considering everything (Hughes, Garcia, Colon), but if you think that's going to continue for the entire year then I have a bridge to sell you.  These guys are what they are.  And Jeter and Arod and Posada are aging players.  Will Arod hit 30-35 and drive in 120??  Unlikely and he's no longer the most feared hitter in baseball, and the lineup feels that.  And when did Tex get so bad at hitting changeups?

Gardner can't steal bases, Cano swings at everything thrown, and swisher is back to his .230 self.  What's with the regression in skills...not numbers (Swisher excluded) but soft skills?  

My favorite is Posada saying he apologized to "Girardi and Cashman".  In the old days it was Mr. Torre or Mr. Steinbrenner or Mr. Cashman.  Now it's Girardi....or maybe next it will be 'rardi or Joey, or Girdy....I'm sure they have a nickname for Joe like he has for them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Why is this thread being avoided by the phony regulars?. Why are the "loyal Red Sox regulars" so timid to speak the truth about Posada and Jeter and the myriad of Yankee problems and yet they claim that their mission is to make the forum realistic.? My guess is that the so-called Reality Police are closet Yankee fans or else Globe employees who strive to encourage traffic into the forum by keeping things 50-50. The people in power always win. The forum is contrived and its only mission is to generate traffic in order to generate revenue. The main characters are all plants. Main phony characters are Harness, Softlaw ( now Majorleague), Babe, Nagy, Playball, and Losmediasrojas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Ok, pike.

Sections
Shortcuts