The Airing of the Grievances

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

The Airing of the Grievances

Festivus is here...

You, John Lackey, make too much money and stupid faces.
     You, Clay Buchholz, with your bad back are released from the Feats of Strength
     You, Tim Bogar, couldn't score a runner with a pencil and a scorecard
     You, Big Papi, you could run to first once in awhile, you know?
     You, A-Gon, same thing.
     You, Kevin Youkilis, need some anger management, just sayin.
     You, Danny Bard, learn a third pitch
     You, Carl Crawford, I got a lot of problems with you...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: The Airing of the Grievances

Why am I the only one on this dammmm board who is feeling good about 2012? We have a great core, we are getting healthier, we have a new manager that will improve our readiness to win at all times, and we have players that are primed for great contributions/mvp type stats....

last time I checked the Yanks and the Phils did squat last season too....we will be back and HUNGRY!!!

-can't wait for Spring training

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The Airing of the Grievances:
    Why am I the only one on this dammmm board who is feeling good about 2012? We have a great core, we are getting healthier, we have a new manager that will improve our readiness to win at all times, and we have players that are primed for great contributions/mvp type stats.... last time I checked the Yanks and the Phils did squat last season too....we will be back and HUNGRY!!! -can't wait for Spring training
    Posted by georom4

Yes, but what are your grievances for last year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: The Airing of the Grievances :  Yes, but what are your grievances for last year?
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Sadly I had none for a while...I drank the Kool Aid and predicted a 99/100 win season

i was fooled

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In Response to Re: The Airing of the Grievances : Sadly I had none for a while...I drank the Kool Aid and predicted a 99/100 win season i was fooled
    Posted by georom4

I said 91 wins or so at the end of April, b/c That and Tito were slipping.

Bobby is a ticking time bomb.  It will end badly, but I don't care if he gets at least one WS run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The Airing of the Grievances : I said 91 wins or so at the end of April, b/c That and Tito were slipping. Bobby is a ticking time bomb.  It will end badly, but I don't care if he gets at least one WS run.
    Posted by tom-uk

I didn't think Bobby was the answer, of course I hope I'm wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

at his age, Bobby is not a long-time solution...but he doesnt have to be with this veteran squad...three years and one world series would be great imo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Why am I the only one on this dammmm board who is feeling good about 2012? We have a great core, we are getting healthier, we have a new manager that will improve our readiness to win at all times, and we have players that are primed for great contributions/mvp type stats.... last time I checked the Yanks and the Phils did squat last season too....we will be back and HUNGRY!!! -can't wait for Spring training
    Posted by georom4

I'm right there with you georom4, I can't wait. If Bard and Aceves do end up in the rotation, I believe it will be one of the strongest rotations in baseball.  I'm totally sold on  Valentine as a huge upgrade. It's going to be very exciting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

No spin zone

Forum Post: Re: Who has the courage to state publicly that this team will not make it to the playoffs? at 5/9/2011 3:53 PM EDT

I would still say 90 to 92 wins. I don't know enough about TB or the other WC challengers to have an opinion if that is enough wins for the PO. Cons SP has one sure thing. BP is probably about average. The catchers will do well to be average. Facing LHP will remain a big problem. Best SP for each AL East team is LH. Possible Game Changers Beckett maintains 2007 form. Back end of BP dominate. Lackey finds a new pitch/ alters mechanics (Pavano 2010). DiceK has at least one good run in him. Salty is at least only slightly below average. Wake eats Iglesias. I hope I am wrong but if I had to put my money on it. 91 wins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from esruc04. Show esruc04's posts

No spin zone Forum Post: Re: Who has the courage to state publicly that this team will not make it to the playoffs? at 5/9/2011 3:53 PM EDT I would still say 90 to 92 wins. I don't know enough about TB or the other WC challengers to have an opinion if that is enough wins for the PO. Cons SP has one sure thing. BP is probably about average. The catchers will do well to be average. Facing LHP will remain a big problem. Best SP for each AL East team is LH. Possible Game Changers Beckett maintains 2007 form. Back end of BP dominate. Lackey finds a new pitch/ alters mechanics (Pavano 2010). DiceK has at least one good run in him. Salty is at least only slightly below average. Wake eats Iglesias. I hope I am wrong but if I had to put my money on it. 91 wins.
    Posted by tom-uk

Lackey is out for the season so I don't think his finding a new pitch or altering his mechanics will help our win total much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Lackey being out is a plus...cruel but true...same thing for Wake and Tek...

Bard, Aceves, and the man on the Moon will do better...no doubt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

The only grievance that I have is that the Sox couldn't find a way to put together a couple of wins in September.  This year just like many, get some wins early and get some late...we will be ok.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

My Google alert didn't go off as soon as Youkillus20 posted like that of Georom's did.  It was a fast alarm since the reading and posting was 2-3 minutes apart. And who would have guessed that Bosox1941 would be sniffing their rear ends within a minute.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Look at the posting times, unreal. Staged.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pike is going off the rails...sort of entertaining

Pike, it's like the TRINITY!

Merry Christmas!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Pike is going off the rails...sort of entertaining Pike, it's like the TRINITY! Merry Christmas!
    Posted by georom4

LOL! We're the Three Wise Men, and he's the shining star, not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Trinity is three trolls in one room or else one person with three monikers. Take your pick. Look at the posting times. You fooled nobody Georom.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hahah Youk...I got dibs on the Holy Ghost!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Hey, I just counted up over 7000 posts for the Trinity....that is MIRACULOUS!

That's almost as many names as Pike has had since he gets banned every two months or so...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Trinity is three trolls in one room or else one person with three monikers. Take your pick. Look at the posting times. You fooled nobody Georom.
    Posted by UticaClub

Attica Club, third choice that you didn't consider; YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Why does someone who lives in Virginia Beach on the forum from 2am to 6 am every morning? Sounds like Softlaw pretending that he lives in North Carolina.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by georom4

I feel fine about 2012.  Fangraphs did an article on Buchholz that seemed to indicate he'd do okay, and they know a heck of a lot more than I do.  So we need a 200 IP guy of any decent quality.  And hopefully a real closer, pushing Aceves and Melancon to 2/3.  Offense is fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

We had a great feeling on the invasion of Iraq too till we found out there were not enough soldiers in country. No right fielder, no closer, Jenks ate himself out of the league had back surgery and you are depending on him, no 4th and 5th starter. Two catchers who do not hit for average, a 3rd baseman who is coming back fro another major injury/ surgery. Glad you feel good at this point because I do not.

Posted by georom4

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Why does someone who lives in Virginia Beach on the forum from 2am to 6 am every morning? Sounds like Softlaw pretending that he lives in North Carolina.
    Posted by UticaClub

2 AM? Pretty much I'm in bed at that hour. I do sometimes get up around 3-3:30, and jump online as I start my day. I don't know, but as I get older, I just don't need as much sleep. I do in fact live in Va Beach. Have no reason to lie. Can't vouch for Softlaw, though. RSN, means that fans live all over the place, but Real Fans get their bonafides from Attica Club.

Sections
Shortcuts