The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...

In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : MDC was supposed to be Cy Young and many others all teams have flops.  Not everyone turns out to be Cano or David Robertson or in the Sox case Pedroia or Papelbon.....the Sox team isn't a team of all home grown studs but of course YOU would not mention that. Oh and before you mention Ellsbury as a perennial all-star hes had 1 good year he has to do it again. Oh btw your so-so catching prospect who is not projected as a top-tier prospect is also 2 years older than Montero (who everyone BUT you and Soxmeister projects to be a superior hitter) so he should be a little further along. Anyhow I hope he works out for the Sox struggling offense, they need the help.
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

MDC was not supposed to be the next Cy Young.  He was never that hyped in the minors and he had his bright spots in the bigs but was very inconsistence.  I like how you name Cano and David Robertson because they are the only good home-grown players that they've developed over the last 10 years... Meanwhile Ellsbury (who has had more than one good year), Pedroia, Papelbon, Lester, Buchholz, Youkilis, Reddick, Bard... all home grown over the last 10 years.  The matchups don't even come close.

I don't care how old Montero is, bottom line is that his minor league stats have been meh this season.  Hasn't proven to me that he's the next Albert Pujols yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : MDC was not supposed to be the next Cy Young.  He was never that hyped in the minors and he had his bright spots in the bigs but was very inconsistence.  I like how you name Cano and David Robertson because they are the only good home-grown players that they've developed over the last 10 years... Meanwhile Ellsbury (who has had more than one good year), Pedroia, Papelbon, Lester, Buchholz, Youkilis, Reddick, Bard... all home grown over the last 10 years.  The matchups don't even come close. I don't care how old Montero is, bottom line is that his minor league stats have been meh this season.  Hasn't proven to me that he's the next Albert Pujols yet.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about Jitter-Varn hes gonna hit for the cycle tonight! LOL he put Reddick and Bucholz on the list.

Did I ever mention Montero and Pujols in the same sentence?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Is Jitter-Varn a cross country skier from Sweden?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]Is Jitter-Varn a cross country skier from Sweden?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

I saw some odd attempts at nicknames earlier so I threw on Ellsbury's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : Don't forget about Jitter-Varn hes gonna hit for the cycle tonight! LOL he put Reddick and Bucholz on the list. Did I ever mention Montero and Pujols in the same sentence?

Did I ever mention Manny Delcarmen and Cy Young in the same sentence?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : Did I ever mention Manny Delcarmen and Cy Young in the same sentence?

No you didn't but people back in 05 on this forum did, my bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : No you didn't but people back in 05 on this forum did, my bad.

No, not "your bad"... You're a hypocrit.  If you can stretch the truth then so can I...

By the way, your post on the first page of this thread was awful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : No, not "your bad"... You're a hypocrit.  If you can stretch the truth then so can I... By the way, your post on the first page of this thread was awful.

I never accused you of saying it though, I don't know what your beef is about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Mikey, go herehttp://www.myyesnetwork.com/go/thread/view/82290/28210563/THIS_ONE_IS_ON_THE_UMPS

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]Mikey, go here http://www.myyesnetwork.com/go/thread/view/82290/28210563/THIS_ONE_IS_ON_THE_UMPS
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Color Mikey as a troll from the Bronx. Put him onto yor ignore list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

What did The Natural do last night, did he knock the cover off the ball?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]What did The Natural do last night, did he knock the cover off the ball?

C'mon, you know SPC is the ultimate mush. This poor kid has no chance now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : C'mon, you know SPC is the ultimate mush. This poor kid has no chance now.
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]

That is true.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Yo Mikey!  Your Yankmees are 2-10 against that second place team. 2-10! That wil change again and we will be the last ones laughing. BUT, even if it didn't, we like our chances in Yankee Stadium (AKA: Fenway South) this year. The facts show that we own you. By default, Lavarnway does too. MY-Rod is back, and so is the bad Karma. We are all praying that we meet in the playoffs jst so we can b*tch slap them some more on National TV. Enjoy "1st Place" also ran......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Montero:  .283 AVG  .344 OBP  13 HR  55 RBI Lavarnway:  .293  .372 OBP  30 HR  85 RBI Which player stands out more to you? How many Yankee prospects over the last 10 years have been all hyped up only to amount to nothing?  Guys that weres supposed to be the next greatest thing in the game of baseball... Hughes, Chamberlain, Cabrera(who's starting to actually turn things around a bit but still isn't as good as Yankee fans made him out to be) just to name a few. Going by their track record of developing prospects, I'm just going to assume that Montero joins that list of overhyped players.  Right now, his minor league stats are helping to back that up.

In fairness, Ian Kennedy is on fire and could win the NL Cy Young Award.  Simply AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]Yo Mikey!  Your Yankmees are 2-10 against that second place team. 2-10! That wil change again and we will be the last ones laughing. BUT, even if it didn't, we like our chances in Yankee Stadium (AKA: Fenway South) this year. The facts show that you we own you. We are all praying that we meet in the playoffs jst so we can b*tch slap them some more on National TV. Enjoy "1st Place" also ran......
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

In 1988 the NY Mets were 11-1 against the LA Dodgers in the regular season and then met in the NLCS......2-10 doesn't scare me in the least.  Its a flukey thing that will balance out but if it makes you feel good right now, Im happy for you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Is Varitek retiring? I hope so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : In fairness, Ian Kennedy is on fire and could win the NL Cy Young Award.  Simply AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's too bad they didn't get anybody good in that trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Do you want a 20 game winner or an OF who hits 40 HR's via warning track power and by playing in a band box?  It's debatable but given the yankees score runs, I'd take the 20 game winner.  In fact, unless I am the SF Giants, I take the 20 game winner.......

If you could reverse 2 of Cash man's more recent moves check out their roster

Melky and Austin Jackson in the OF

Phil Coke remains in the Pen as their lefty

No Vasquez saga last year

Ian Kennedy the #2 starter

And how much cash would the cash man have said on that exchange

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]Do you want a 20 game winner or an OF who hits 40 HR's via warning track power and by playing in a band box?  It's debatable but given the yankees score runs, I'd take the 20 game winner.  In fact, unless I am the SF Giants, I take the 20 game winner....... If you could reverse 2 of Cash man's more recent moves check out their roster Melky and Austin Jackson in the OF Phil Coke remains in the Pen as their lefty No Vasquez saga last year Ian Kennedy the #2 starter And how much cash would the cash man have said on that exchange
    Kennedy would not have similar numbers in the AL, especially if he were in the AL East.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

[QUOTE]Do you want a 20 game winner or an OF who hits 40 HR's via warning track power and by playing in a band box?  It's debatable but given the yankees score runs, I'd take the 20 game winner.  In fact, unless I am the SF Giants, I take the 20 game winner....... If you could reverse 2 of Cash man's more recent moves check out their roster Melky and Austin Jackson in the OF Phil Coke remains in the Pen as their lefty No Vasquez saga last year Ian Kennedy the #2 starter And how much cash would the cash man have said on that exchange

Ian Kennedy in the NL West and Ian Kennedy in the AL East are 2 different things. I didn't see him winning 20 games in the AL East and neither did the Yankees.

Also, your description of Granderson having "warning track power" just shows what a laughable homer you are.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : Ian Kennedy in the NL West and Ian Kennedy in the AL East are 2 different things. I didn't see him winning 20 games in the AL East and neither did the Yankees. Also, your description of Granderson having "warning track power" just shows what a laughable homer you are.
    Posted by LS350[/QUOTE]
    Ian Kennedy and Clay Buchholz (who is four months older than Kennedy) posted similarly disappointing 2008 numbers pitching in the AL East.

Last year, in his breakout season in which he turned 26, Buchholz posted a FIP* of 3.61, an xFIP** of 4.07 and a WAR*** of 3.7. This season as a 26-year-old, Kennedy has posted a FIP of 3.62, an xFIP of 3.63 and a WAR of 3.1 (and counting).

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3543&position=P

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=6986&position=P

* Fielder Independent Pitching
    ** Expected Fielder Independent Pitching
    *** Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : Ian Kennedy and Clay Buchholz (who is four months older than Kennedy) posted similarly disappointing 2008 numbers pitching in the AL East. Last year, in his breakout season in which he turned 26, Buchholz posted a FIP* of 3.61, an xFIP** of 4.07 and a WAR*** of 3.7. This season as a 26-year-old, Kennedy has posted a FIP of 3.62, an xFIP of 3.63 and a WAR of 3.1 (and counting). http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3543&position=P http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=6986&position=P * Fielder Independent Pitching ** Expected Fielder Independent Pitching *** Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

What are Bucholz's numbers this season?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Did you just get back to the office after a three martini lunch with Babe and Yazzer?