The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21131051/lavarnway-call-call-majors

According to WEEI, it looks like Lavarnway will be the first to be called up if one of these injuries results in a DL stint.  I know he'll be up in September, but I'm really interested to see what this guy can do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...

In Response to The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...:
    [QUOTE]http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21131051/lavarnway-call-call-majors According to WEEI, it looks like Lavarnway will be the first to be called up if one of these injuries results in a DL stint.  I know he'll be up in September, but I'm really interested to see what this guy can do.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

LOL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : LOL!
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

What's so funny?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Because Montero Hall of Famer hasn't graced MLB's games yet.
    He's so great they've tried to trade him every year.  He's so great he can't start over Cervelli or Posada.
    But He's so great.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Toronto's calling up Travis d'Arnaud ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

This is a rip!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...:
    [QUOTE]http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21131051/lavarnway-call-call-majors According to WEEI, it looks like Lavarnway will be the first to be called up if one of these injuries results in a DL stint.  I know he'll be up in September, but I'm really interested to see what this guy can do.

Well deserved, I hope the kid brings a spark to our lineup like Jacoby did in 04.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Montero:  .283 AVG  .344 OBP  13 HR  55 RBI

Lavarnway:  .293  .372 OBP  30 HR  85 RBI

Which player stands out more to you?

How many Yankee prospects over the last 10 years have been all hyped up only to amount to nothing?  Guys that weres supposed to be the next greatest thing in the game of baseball...

Hughes, Chamberlain, Cabrera(who's starting to actually turn things around a bit but still isn't as good as Yankee fans made him out to be) just to name a few.

Going by their track record of developing prospects, I'm just going to assume that Montero joins that list of overhyped players.  Right now, his minor league stats are helping to back that up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Lavarnway is rated above Montero for hitting prospects, I would cool my jets if I were Yankee troll right now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow...:
    [QUOTE]Montero:  .283 AVG  .344 OBP  13 HR  55 RBI Lavarnway:  .293  .372 OBP  30 HR  85 RBI Which player stands out more to you? How many Yankee prospects over the last 10 years have been all hyped up only to amount to nothing?  Guys that weres supposed to be the next greatest thing in the game of baseball... Hughes, Chamberlain, Cabrera(who's starting to actually turn things around a bit but still isn't as good as Yankee fans made him out to be) just to name a few. Going by their track record of developing prospects, I'm just going to assume that Montero joins that list of overhyped players.  Right now, his minor league stats are helping to back that up.

MDC was supposed to be Cy Young and many others all teams have flops.  Not everyone turns out to be Cano or David Robertson or in the Sox case Pedroia or Papelbon.....the Sox team isn't a team of all home grown studs but of course YOU would not mention that. Oh and before you mention Ellsbury as a perennial all-star hes had 1 good year he has to do it again. Oh btw your so-so catching prospect who is not projected as a top-tier prospect is also 2 years older than Montero (who everyone BUT you and Soxmeister projects to be a superior hitter) so he should be a little further along. Anyhow I hope he works out for the Sox struggling offense, they need the help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It's been said his defense is suspect, but it can be no worse than what we have now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Wrong, Mikey ... as I stated, Lavarnway is now the top hitting catching  prospect.   We have nothing to do with that, neither do you.   You trolled this thread.  If you can't take Red Sox fans talking about their players, why the "f" are you here?

Since you have "come back", you are now the #1 troll.  Congratulations on being a huge hairy wart on all the threads you post in.  I hope you are proud. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong, Mikey ... as I stated, Lavarnway is now the top hitting catching  prospect.   We have nothing to do with that, neither do you.   You trolled this thread.  If you can't take Red Sox fans talking about their players, why the "f" are you here? Since you have "come back", you are now the #1 troll.  Congratulations on being a huge hairy wart on all the threads you post in.  I hope you are proud. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Because YOU say it along with the Fanboy it doesn't make it so....you can't just make up facts...you guys are funny.  Oh and thanks.....congratulations on 2nd place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Great to see Lavarnway get a shot but at who's expense.  Ortiz, Scutoro and Youk may all be DL bound. This does not bode well for winning the division race.  WC may slip away to if another starting pitcher goes down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong, Mikey ... as I stated, Lavarnway is now the top hitting catching  prospect.   We have nothing to do with that, neither do you.   You trolled this thread.  If you can't take Red Sox fans talking about their players, why the "f" are you here? Since you have "come back", you are now the #1 troll.  Congratulations on being a huge hairy wart on all the threads you post in.  I hope you are proud. 

oh my. you are insulting people and calling them names. golly, you used the "f" letter. and that "I hope you are proud" dig really hurt and shamed that guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : MDC was supposed to be Cy Young and many others all teams have flops.  Not everyone turns out to be Cano or David Robertson or in the Sox case Pedroia or Papelbon.....the Sox team isn't a team of all home grown studs but of course YOU would not mention that. Oh and before you mention Ellsbury as a perennial all-star hes had 1 good year he has to do it again. Oh btw your so-so catching prospect who is not projected as a top-tier prospect is also 2 years older than Montero (who everyone BUT you and Soxmeister projects to be a superior hitter) so he should be a little further along. Anyhow I hope he works out for the Sox struggling offense, they need the help.

They are one of the top, if not top offense in almost every category..They dont NEED help, just to start hitting again..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : They are one of the top, if not top offense in almost every category..They dont NEED help, just to start hitting again..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are juggernaut.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from >TheBabe<. Show >TheBabe<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The AL East's top catching prospect may be called up tomorrow... : MDC was supposed to be Cy Young and many others all teams have flops.  Not everyone turns out to be Cano or David Robertson or in the Sox case Pedroia or Papelbon.....the Sox team isn't a team of all home grown studs but of course YOU would not mention that. Oh and before you mention Ellsbury as a perennial all-star hes had 1 good year he has to do it again. Oh btw your so-so catching prospect who is not projected as a top-tier prospect is also 2 years older than Montero (who everyone BUT you and Soxmeister projects to be a superior hitter) so he should be a little further along. Anyhow I hope he works out for the Sox struggling offense, they need the help.

spc was never one to let facts get in the way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Can't read the stats posted, Mikey?  

Just for you:

Montero:  .283 AVG  .344 OBP  13 HR  55 RBI
    Lavarnway:  .293  .372 OBP  30 HR  85 RBI

Notice that Lavarnay leads in every category ... and has a ton more power.   So ... do you still maintain your boy Montero is better offensively?

I will give you that Montero is the better catcher.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Can't read the stats posted, Mikey?   Just for you: Montero:  .283 AVG  .344 OBP  13 HR  55 RBI Lavarnway:  .293  .372 OBP  30 HR  85 RBI Notice that Lavarnay leads in every category ... and has a ton more power.   So ... do you still maintain your boy Montero is better offensively? I will give you that Montero is the better catcher.  

sure looks like Lavarnway had the better yr

but if you look at the 20 yr montero

he matches the 21 yr old Lavarnway pretty well

the difference

however is 1 was in 'A' ball and the other was in 'AAA'

are you really shocked that a 23 yr old has more power than a 21 yr old

I will give you that Montero is the better catcher. 

thanks but , no one can be sure about that yet

I'd say it's even money right now

leave it to SPC to judge a player  by a couple of months

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE] So there's no doublt that a lot of Yankee fans visit this site; right? And there's also no doubt that calling them trolls, does nothing to stop them from posting, right? So; considering they're here to stay; I think the reason that these kind of post incite a bit of a negative response; is because you meant it to be that way. You always use terms, like "the best" "number one", "the top" -- you even call yourself "the most knowledgeable" because it attracts attention. Whether he is number one or not, isn't the point,....... the point is that you know that Montero has been rated as the top catching prospect in the minors for awhile now ........ and if indeed Lavarnway has supplanted him (or not),........ by making that the title of this thread ........ you know you will get a rise out of Yankee fans. Don't you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]Because Montero Hall of Famer hasn't graced MLB's games yet. He's so great they've tried to trade him every year.  He's so great he can't start over Cervelli or Posada. But He's so great.  LOL
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE]
    He's developing, so there's no point in bringing him up if' he's not going to play regularly ......... and Posada is not a catcher for the Yankees. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Varitek is on fire in August, again, two timing it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Can't read the stats posted, Mikey?   Just for you: Montero:  .283 AVG  .344 OBP  13 HR  55 RBI Lavarnway:  .293  .372 OBP  30 HR  85 RBI Notice that Lavarnay leads in every category ... and has a ton more power.   So ... do you still maintain your boy Montero is better offensively? I will give you that Montero is the better catcher.  
    Personally I think Montero is not as good a catcher defensively but he is a monster prospect with the bat. He's still a lot younger than Lavarnway but Lavarnway could well emerge to be the better player going forward.

Look at his numbers and the one thing which really stands out is his ability to drive in runs. The guy has the ability to generate runs for sure. He is coming off a mini slump though so it may not be the bst of time to bring him up but I'm glad that they are.