The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7

I would like to welcome UticaClub a 1,000,000th opportunity to finally entertain us with some passionate baseball stories from his childhood, or even some fond memories from recent years. 

We are all concerned for Uticas well being as he spends so much time on the forum dissing others and routinely targeting posters X Y Z.  I think it would be a welcome relief to all, and especially him if he could just chill out and talk about some great experiences as a lifelong Red Sox fan.

How about tell us a story or two about some fine lifetime baseball experiences? What do you say big lug? O genuine fan.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7

In Response to The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7:
    I would like to welcome UticaClub a 1,000,000th opportunity to finally entertain us with some passionate baseball stories from his childhood, or even some fond memories from recent years.  We are all concerned for Uticas well being as he spends so much time on the forum dissing others and routinely targeting posters X Y Z.  I think it would be a welcome relief to all, and especially him if he could just chill out and talk about some great experiences as a lifelong Red Sox fan. How about tell us a story or two about some fine lifetime baseball experiences? What do you say big lug? O genuine fan.
    Posted by BurritoT

Do you honestly believe a guy who appears to be so concerned with how Sox players are portrayed here, and concerned with how Sox fans are treated here is NOT a Sox fan? lol

I know you don't like him, but to go after him using that angle just doesn't add up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7:

Posted by pinstripezac

Run out of pics of kids with black eyes?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : Run out of pics of kids with black eyes?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Yeah.

How about something new and creative, something that he hasn't posted before like a few baby pictures.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : Yeah. How about something new and creative, something that he hasn't posted before like a few baby pictures.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

He's a bottomless pit of baby pics, I'm sure he can come up with something. :)

I like you, smoking clown. You're a smart guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

My grandfather first brought me to Fenway Park in the summer of 1957. We and my uncle sat in the lower rightfield stands and saw Jackie Jensen in front of us playing RF, Jimmy Piersall in CF, and Ted Williams in LF. I believe that Tommy Brewer or Frank Sullivan was pitching. Sammy White was catching. As a 14 yr. old I was ecstatic to see Fenway for the first time. We saw games the next two days with Bob Porterfield and Ike Delock on the mound. No HRs by Ted but several doubles. The Red Sox has decent teams during the late fifties but the Yanks were in a league of their own.

I chose to attend Boston Univ. four years later and that was partly decided by my being an avid Red Sox fan. I lived in a dormitory on Bay State Rd. where I could see the light towers of Fenway from my window.  We would study until the 6th inning and then walk through Kenmore Square and arrive at the bleacher gate ten minutes later. Admission was free after the 6th inning. We could not afford the $1 price to get a bleacher seat for the entire game and also had to study anyway. In the early 1960s the team was terrible. Bill Monbouquette, Dick Stuart, Roman Mejias, Eddie Bressoud, etc. It didn't matter that much since we were die-hard Sox fans. Crowds were very small. It all turned around in 1967 with Dick Williams and the "Miracle Team". The hottest ticket in town then ( early 60s)were Celtics and Bruins tickets. The Boston Patriots played at Fenway ( Babe Parilli? was their QB ).

I came back occasionally from Upstate NY to watch them in 1967 and 1975. Saw them hit eight HRs in one game when George Scott played. Later saw Fred Lynn and Jim Rice play. I was there the day that Yaz covered the plate with dirt after the umpire called a third strike on him and was thrown out. I have the Yaz farewell ceremonies on videotape. I was broken-hearted when Hawk Harrelson was traded away. We got Ch. 38 (Red Sox Superstation) on cable sometime in the late 1970s and I was overjoyed that I no longer had to listen through static at nighttime while listening to WTIC Hartford ( especially if there were thunderstorms anywhere in NY or Conn.).

I have a baseball signed by all the players on the 1957 team, bats, hats, programs still from those years. I have listened to or watched about 90% of all games home and away since 1955. I have scrapbooks for several years in the late 1950s. My dad was also an avid fan of the Red Sox and saw them win the 2004 World Series in an assisted living home. He lived long enough to also experience the 2007 WS. I am  now spoiled that I can watch every game in high definition on a 55" LED screen and it is just like being there. It is a shame that previous generations never had that luxury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I worry about Utica, he seems unable to express his passion about the game - all this troll hunting really must take a toll; troll toll.

Though (see above) here we have a lengthy post by Utica, almost like he had it all ready to go months in advance. Good job

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

My grandfather first brought me to Fenway Park in the summer of 1957. We and my uncle sat in the lower rightfield stands and saw Jackie Jensen in front of us playing RF, Jimmy Piersall in CF, and Ted Williams in LF. I believe that Tommy Brewer or Frank Sullivan was pitching. Sammy White was catching. As a 14 yr. old I was ecstatic to see Fenway for the first time. We saw games the next two days with Bob Porterfield and Ike Delock on the mound. No HRs by Ted but several doubles. The Red Sox has decent teams during the late fifties but the Yanks were in a league of their own. I chose to attend Boston Univ. four years later and that was partly decided by my being an avid Red Sox fan. I lived in a dormitory on Bay State Rd. where I could see the light towers of Fenway from my window.  We would study until the 6th inning and then walk through Kenmore Square and arrive at the bleacher gate ten minutes later. Admission was free after the 6th inning. We could not afford the $1 price to get a bleacher seat for the entire game and also had to study anyway. In the early 1960s the team was terrible. Bill Monbouquette, Dick Stuart, Roman Mejias, Eddie Bressoud, etc. It didn't matter that much since we were die-hard Sox fans. Crowds were very small. It all turned around in 1967 with Dick Williams and the "Miracle Team". The hottest ticket in town then ( early 60s)were Celtics and Bruins tickets. The Boston Patriots played at Fenway ( Babe Parilli? was their QB ). I came back occasionally from Upstate NY to watch them in 1967 and 1975. Saw them hit eight HRs in one game when George Scott played. Later saw Fred Lynn and Jim Rice play. I was there the day that Yaz covered the plate with dirt after the umpire called a third strike on him and was thrown out. I have the Yaz farewell ceremonies on videotape. I was broken-hearted when Hawk Harrelson was traded away. We got Ch. 38 (Red Sox Superstation) on cable sometime in the late 1970s and I was overjoyed that I no longer had to listen through static at nighttime while listening to WTIC Hartford ( especially if there were thunderstorms anywhere in NY or Conn.). I have a baseball signed by all the players on the 1957 team, bats, hats, programs still from those years. I have listened to or watched about 90% of all games home and away since 1955. I have scrapbooks for several years in the late 1950s. My dad was also an avid fan of the Red Sox and saw them win the 2004 World Series in an assisted living home. He lived long enough to also experience the 2007 WS. I am  now spoiled that I can watch every game in high definition on a 55" LED screen and it is just like being there. It is a shame that previous generations never had that luxury.
    Posted by UticaClub

Wow. That's a beautiful post. You always seemed to me to be someone who was totally behind the Sox. You get a bad rap because people here don't understand that. Unheard of on any other team boards, I'm sure.

Eat that, Buritto.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Run out of pics of kids with black eyes? Posted by kimsaysthis  Yeah. How about something new and creative, something that he hasn't posted before like a few baby pictures. Posted by ThatWasMe
    Posted by pinstripezac

It's funny how the guy who has the least to offer here, anyone can google or read tweets, appears to be crushing other posters. Good luck with you and your kid pics. If it wasn't for JBay, your butt would already be gone.

Btw, I love how you get into conversations where you appear to actually care about what happens to the Sox. My personal favorite, though, was seeing you so upset about the pitchers supposedly involved in the "September" collapse. PrisonstipeZac was sooo concerned about the Red Sox collapse he was beside himself. He couldn't stop discussing it and the fact that he believes the Sox pitchers let him down and were the cause of the collapse. He was so disappointed that they didn't make it into the playoffs, and he was willing to argue with anyone because he couldn't get over it. LMAO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

My grandfather first brought me to Fenway Park in the summer of 1957. We and my uncle sat in the lower rightfield stands and saw Jackie Jensen in front of us playing RF, Jimmy Piersall in CF, and Ted Williams in LF. I believe that Tommy Brewer or Frank Sullivan was pitching. Sammy White was catching. As a 14 yr. old I was ecstatic to see Fenway for the first time. We saw games the next two days with Bob Porterfield and Ike Delock on the mound. No HRs by Ted but several doubles. The Red Sox has decent teams during the late fifties but the Yanks were in a league of their own. I chose to attend Boston Univ. four years later and that was partly decided by my being an avid Red Sox fan. I lived in a dormitory on Bay State Rd. where I could see the light towers of Fenway from my window.  We would study until the 6th inning and then walk through Kenmore Square and arrive at the bleacher gate ten minutes later. Admission was free after the 6th inning. We could not afford the $1 price to get a bleacher seat for the entire game and also had to study anyway. In the early 1960s the team was terrible. Bill Monbouquette, Dick Stuart, Roman Mejias, Eddie Bressoud, etc. It didn't matter that much since we were die-hard Sox fans. Crowds were very small. It all turned around in 1967 with Dick Williams and the "Miracle Team". The hottest ticket in town then ( early 60s)were Celtics and Bruins tickets. The Boston Patriots played at Fenway ( Babe Parilli? was their QB ). I came back occasionally from Upstate NY to watch them in 1967 and 1975. Saw them hit eight HRs in one game when George Scott played. Later saw Fred Lynn and Jim Rice play. I was there the day that Yaz covered the plate with dirt after the umpire called a third strike on him and was thrown out. I have the Yaz farewell ceremonies on videotape. I was broken-hearted when Hawk Harrelson was traded away. We got Ch. 38 (Red Sox Superstation) on cable sometime in the late 1970s and I was overjoyed that I no longer had to listen through static at nighttime while listening to WTIC Hartford ( especially if there were thunderstorms anywhere in NY or Conn.). I have a baseball signed by all the players on the 1957 team, bats, hats, programs still from those years. I have listened to or watched about 90% of all games home and away since 1955. I have scrapbooks for several years in the late 1950s. My dad was also an avid fan of the Red Sox and saw them win the 2004 World Series in an assisted living home. He lived long enough to also experience the 2007 WS. I am  now spoiled that I can watch every game in high definition on a 55" LED screen and it is just like being there. It is a shame that previous generations never had that luxury.
    Posted by UticaClub

Great post.

Could that 1957 homestand at Fenway Park have included these games?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707230.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707240.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707250.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707260.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707270.shtml

The Wednesday game drew 8,485 fans and the Thursday game 6,159 fans.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : Great post. Could that 1957 homestand at Fenway Park have included these games? http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707230.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707240.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707250.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707260.shtml http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS195707270.shtml The Wednesday game drew 8,485 fans and the Thursday game 6,159 fans.
    Posted by hill55

You know what, Hill? I know you're not going to reply to this post, but I wanted to up it up anyway. I enjoy your posts here. I had a hard time when you came to Beni's threads defending the Yankees. I even called you out on a post that I didn't appreciate on another thread. Boom jumped in and told me you were cool, and I believe anything that Boom says. I'm actually surprised he's not on the best poster of the year list. (his Zac support notwithstanding). After watching your posts, I did notice that they do lean towards anything factual, with no regard for team affiliations. You're a great contributor here. I thought you should know that, or at the very least I should put it up even if you're not reading my posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 :
    Posted by pinstripezac

Your posts are going more and more off the rails. But, hey, on the bright side, you have a fan base that appreciates them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Hill, my scrapbooks are up in the cold attic from that 1957 trip. I'll try to find them tomorrow. I do know that it was in July.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Hey how about that, therapy is working. No "Seattle" allegations for hill55 this day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where in Upstate Ny were you? I lived in Geneseo as a child for 3 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The forum this year will be quite different this coming season.

No JD Drew

No Tito

No Theo

No Wake

No Tek

Posters had better search / think /conceive fresh topics

15 threads per day bashing Crawford will get boring very soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Where in Upstate Ny were you? I lived in Geneseo as a child for 3 years.
    Posted by moonslav59

An hour north of Albany. SinceYaz lives in the Finger Lakes region. Peanutandme lives near Troy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : Wow. That's a beautiful post. You always seemed to me to be someone who was totally behind the Sox. You get a bad rap because people here don't understand that. Unheard of on any other team boards, I'm sure. Eat that, Buritto.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Kim, I'm really surprised at you. You so succinctly state the trespasses of Yankee fans, but miss AtticaClub's slanders against RedSox fans. He get's a bad rap? He lies. He lies and lies some more. When proven wrong he fades faster than a flower. This is a 68 year old man, he ought to know better. His logic says that because I live in Virginia, I'm an Orioles fan, if that's true, he lives in New York, which makes him a Yankee fan. Please, you claimed honesty and integrity in another post, call a spade a spade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Quite a few NYers like to say that anything north of New York City is northern ny.  Nope...I live 70 miles north of syracuse...that northern NY....because Ft. Drum is so close, there are many fans from all over.  Its fun being a life long RS fan and live here if for no other reason than to drive the NY fans crazy.  Oh, by the way...I wish I had a 55" TV.  I have to suffer watching the Yes network on a 40"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : An hour north of Albany. SinceYaz lives in the Finger Lakes region. Peanutandme lives near Troy.
    Posted by UticaClub

Glens Falls? Home of Jimmer. I'm not too far away

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

If only MikeyintheBronx were around to keep UticaClub honest....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I

n Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7:
     Run out of pics of kids with black eyes? Posted by kimsaysthis  Yeah. How about something new and creative, something that he hasn't posted before like a few baby pictures. Posted by ThatWasMe
    Posted by pinstripezac

Sections
Shortcuts