The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7:
    [QUOTE]LOL Steven,  Mantle and Maris cards traded for this one. LOL.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Taken before he got home and changed into his other wardrobe, LOL. My daughter saw the DiCaprio movie and recommended it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]I've changed my mind on labeling Youkillus as an Oriole fan. It was based on a few things more than where he lived. It is impossible to search the archives so there is no need to reconstruct what caused me to question his fandom. There are many posters that are beyond reproach while others like to keep you guessing. I guess that creating that uncertainty is good for the forum.

Ok, then, that's progress. Noticed you didn't welcome me into RSN, but at least I'm not an O's fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 :  Kim, I'm really surprised at you. You so succinctly state the trespasses of Yankee fans, but miss AtticaClub's slanders against RedSox fans. He get's a bad rap? He lies. He lies and lies some more. When proven wrong he fades faster than a flower. This is a 68 year old man, he ought to know better. His logic says that because I live in Virginia, I'm an Orioles fan, if that's true, he lives in New York, which makes him a Yankee fan. Please, you claimed honesty and integrity in another post, call a spade a spade.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

You can't slander screennames. And FTR I don't believe you're an Orioles fan, it never even occurred to me. That's my honest opinion. You put up negative threads, on occasion, and you defend Softy and his negative comments. That's probably why you're in his crosshairs. Just my guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : This is due to the fact that she largely bases her assessment of posters on her perceived fan bent. If a supposed RS fan makes a major transgression, that's OK. With the Yankee posters, just about anything (sometimes nonsensical, or minor, or sometimes quasi-justifiably), gets demonized, often in some twisted phantasmagorical fashion. If, supoosedly a RS fan doesn't agree with her accusations, they get ostracized as well, often via a thought police flavored spew that implies hidden Yankee loyalty. I'll give her credit, though, for displaying good quotes from writers and statespersons. IMO there's a good noodle hidden behind that Yankee hating muck.  No thesaurus or dictionary was used in the making of this post.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

You're going to throw "phantasmagorical" in a post, and still keep your sig line disclaimer? Seriously?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : You're going to throw "phantasmagorical" in a post, and still keep your sig line disclaimer? Seriously?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

That's correct; it was right off the top of my head. On posts where I use it, I'll remove the footer.

No thesaurus or dictionary was used in the making of this post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

A post to endear me to all the Sox fans:

This Day in Mickey Mantle History:
    Jan. 5, 1951: At a press conference the Yankees announce that they sent Joe DiMaggio a contract for the 1951 season for $100,000. When questioned they acknowledge that they have started looking for a possible replacement for DiMaggio. Scout Tom Greenwade tells reporters that Mickey, a shortstop on the Yankees Binghamton affiliate’s roster, “might be a great center-fielder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And:

Mickey Fact:
    Mickey’s career salary, including his $1,100 signing bonus, totaled $1,128,60. After adjusting for inflation that’s equivalent to $8,255,750 in 2011 – for his entire career! That would be an incredible bargain for even a single year now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Players Union and free agency were yet to come by the time The Mick retired. If Jorge earned $117MM for his career, there’s no telling how much George Steinbrenner would have paid Mantle if he had his career years of the 50′s and early 60′s during the Yankee years of 1995-2005.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Do any of you oldtimers remember when Ch. 38 in Boston carried the Red Sox games and then became a superstation like TBS (Atlanta)  and WGN? ( Chicago) and was available on cable systems across the nation? Do you remember the announcer and color commentators - Dick Stockton and Tom Larson? What a treat that it gave the Red Sox a larger viewing audience than nearly every other franchise. That was the end of psedo-free viewing of the Red Sox on TV. The same station also broadcasted the Bruins and Celtics, I believe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This is why I don't get cable. Those who have it, and don't follow sports AT ALL, are still paying for it; it's built into to their basic fee; that's a scam IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think it is interesting that pike makes some good posts and even posters who he targeted in the past (varying degrees) they still respond positively to him. 

I did not expect this, but it could turn out to be a good thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I'm all for ala carte cable selection and I think that it might be on the horizon. I can get 20 HD stations off my rooftop antenna now for free and good movies are on Netflix and Amazom.com. Many other shows are available on the Internet. MLB is available on MLB-TV.com. Tons of music is available for free. The only problem for me would be missing the ESPN and FOX games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Pike, you're the egg mcmuffin of BDC posters!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Thanks, I think?
     I also need cable to watch the tennis tournaments and the March Madness. However I don't need 90% of what they feed me with 200+ channels. I think that the March Madness is now also available on the Internet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7": [QUOTE]Thanks, I think?  I also need cable to watch the tennis tournaments and the March Madness. However I don't need 90% of what they feed me with 200+ channels. I think that the March Madness is now also available on the Internet. Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE] It's the new egg mcmuffin commercial, keep watching sports of all kinds, you'll see it. LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Who was the poster who lives near Glens Falls, NY.  I am a huge fan of Jimmer Fredette ( BYU and Sacramento).  Perhaps you know where Greenwich, NY is. I was pulling into a restaurant named Wally's there in 1961 when Roger Maris hit #61 off of Tracy Stallard. Ruined my dinner, LOL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7:
    [QUOTE]I would like to welcome UticaClub a 1,000,000th opportunity to finally entertain us with some passionate baseball stories from his childhood, or even some fond memories from recent years.  We are all concerned for Uticas well being as he spends so much time on the forum dissing others and routinely targeting posters X Y Z.  I think it would be a welcome relief to all, and especially him if he could just chill out and talk about some great experiences as a lifelong Red Sox fan. How about tell us a story or two about some fine lifetime baseball experiences? What do you say big lug? O genuine fan.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Right, Utica has intimate understanding of our owners financial portfolios, Section 11 is coming any day now! HA...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Noontime in Cambodia and close to 11 pm here. Have a good day. I'm off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Who was the poster who lives near Glens Falls, NY.  I am a huge fan of Jimmer Fredette ( BYU and Sacramento).  Perhaps you know where Greenwich, NY is. I was pulling into a restaurant named Wally's there in 1961 when Roger Maris hit #61 off of Tracy Stallard. Ruined my dinner, LOL.

It was me UC.

Actually I live in Niskayuna. I'm a big Jimmer fan too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I think it is interesting that pike makes some good posts and even posters who he targeted in the past (varying degrees) they still respond positively to him.  I did not expect this, but it could turn out to be a good thread.

I think he's cooled off a bit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Well as a perfectionist at being a jerk one day and a good poster the next (referring to myself) it is good to see a human side to pike whom at least from my perspective never talked about the game or team in a passionate way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : That's correct; it was right off the top of my head. On posts where I use it, I'll remove the footer. No thesaurus or dictionary was used in the making of this post.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Make no mistake, your sig line is hilarious, and shows you do have a sense of humor. I still don't believe you use that word in everyday conversation. No one does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I think it is interesting that pike makes some good posts and even posters who he targeted in the past (varying degrees) they still respond positively to him.  I did not expect this, but it could turn out to be a good thread.

Sometimes you're wrong about people. I kinda like this "everyone getting along" thread. Most people have more in common with eachother than they think they do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

[QUOTE]Do any of you oldtimers remember when Ch. 38 in Boston carried the Red Sox games and then became a superstation like TBS (Atlanta)  and WGN? ( Chicago) and was available on cable systems across the nation? Do you remember the announcer and color commentators - Dick Stockton and Tom Larson? What a treat that it gave the Red Sox a larger viewing audience than nearly every other franchise. That was the end of psedo-free viewing of the Red Sox on TV. The same station also broadcasted the Bruins and Celtics, I believe.
    I was still attending Harvard Divinity School and living in Cambridge before those changes happened...Watched a lot of Yankee-Red Sox games on TV 38 that I would not have seen otherwise...No more posts like this Pike, or I will start admiring you....Jeez, I need help if I am starting to like Pike!

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Birds and Jays showing some interest in Manny:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-orioles-watch-manny-ramirez-take-batting-practice-report-says-20120107,0,2637437.story

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Pike, you're the egg mcmuffin of BDC posters!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I like egmcmuffins.

Sections
Shortcuts