The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7

kim I have to say I expected this thread to go in 3 or 4 different directions:

pike coming clean and being sincere but still getting creamed by scorned posters
    pike being a jerk and getting more scorn
    pike being sincere and having adversaries return in kind
    pike being a jerk regardless of how many open arm posts he received

The least I suspected was direction 3. pike like most of us is not a child even though the NET allows for us to still pretend.  We ALL go off at times, some more than most (see: BurritoT) but to just target posters each day must be a dark way to exist here. I now can say that no matter how much pike prods at me or even insults me I will NEVER forget this thread so long as I am a member of this forum... whatever in the heck that is worth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I should ad that I don't take this forum as real life - meaning what we say or do here should not go any further than simple cyber space interactions. I do not expect anyone here to think beyond the fact it is only a forum on the Internet, a forum about basball, and a forum that concerns Red Sox.

Enjoyed the thread overall.

Go Boston!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7:
    [QUOTE]kim I have to say I expected this thread to go in 3 or 4 different directions: pike coming clean and being sincere but still getting creamed by scorned posters pike being a jerk and getting more scorn pike being sincere and having adversaries return in kind pike being a jerk regardless of how many open arm posts he received The least I suspected was direction 3. pike like most of us is not a child even though the NET allows for us to still pretend.  We ALL go off at times, some more than most (see: BurritoT ) but to just target posters each day must be a dark way to exist here. I now can say that no matter how much pike prods at me or even insults me I will NEVER forget this thread so long as I am a member of this forum... whatever in the heck that is worth.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

See: Burrito T. LOL That's funny, and charming in a way. I had a similar experience with Softy. I'm sure you remember since you initially tried to block me from talking to him thinking I was an antagonist or something. lol Completely a different person than he appears at times. Also told stories of his childhood, and others even joined in. That's why I love personal stories. They say more about someone than any of the posts they make here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I understand softlaw 100% as a character in an Internet Forum. Sure I can make decent guesses to what he is like in the real world but there is a good chance I would be entirely wrong. 

Good Night from SE Asia!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : Make no mistake, your sig line is hilarious, and shows you do have a sense of humor. I still don't believe you use that word in everyday conversation. No one does.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

This is true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Otherwise, I believe the only other time I made you laugh was when I said Babe would be played by Newman.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : It was me UC. Actually I live in Niskayuna. I'm a big Jimmer fan too.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Jimmer fan too, then you are forgiven for being a Yankee fan. I drove through Niskayuna last summer and past a home that had a statue of Joe Pepitone on the front lawn. Was that your residence?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : Jimmer fan too, then you are forgiven for being a Yankee fan. I drove through Niskayuna last summer and past a home that had a statue of Joe Pepitone on the front lawn. Was that your residence?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

No statues on my lawn UC, just squirrels. I've seen Jimmer play a few times already and actually he's not doing bad.

The bad thing is it's a lousy organization, but Sacramento is nice and he'll get a lot of playing time out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Otherwise, I believe the only other time I made you laugh was when I said Babe would be played by Newman.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

So fitting. Especially, the way Jerry said it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : No statues on my lawn UC, just squirrels. I've seen Jimmer play a few times already and actually he's not doing bad. The bad thing is it's a lousy organization, but Sacramento is nice and he'll get a lot of playing time out there.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Looks like Siena basketball this year is like a box of chocalates, you never know what you'll get. Playing with only six players total is something that I never saw before. Good luck to them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : Looks like Siena basketball this year is like a box of chocalates, you never know what you'll get. Playing with only six players total is something that I never saw before. Good luck to them.

Siena had a lot of key injuries very early into the season, playing a lot of freshmen. No expectation this year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]yes utica/oldie/oamflo, that was a beautiful post.  So from which site did you lift it ?
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

Does JackBU infer that you attended BU ( Boston Unuiversity )? Do  you know where Myles Standish Hall ( dormitory ) is ? So you follow the Terriers in any sport? Do you know the name of the new hockey arena at BU?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I know people whose mothers threw their 1950s baseball card into the garbage while cleaning out the basement. Others played that pitching cards game on the sidewalk and others ruined their cards against the spokes of their bicycle in their youth.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]LOL..it's funny how quickly card collections could get out of control...three times a week i would go to the shoe store in our neighborhood and ask the owner for empty shoeboxes...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I'm still laughing over NHSteven trading Mantle and Maris cards for an alleged Babe Ruth card which turned out to be J. Edgar Hoover. LOL, too funny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : No statues on my lawn UC, just squirrels. I've seen Jimmer play a few times already and actually he's not doing bad. The bad thing is it's a lousy organization, but Sacramento is nice and he'll get a lot of playing time out there.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] hey TWM...here's a small capsule of the JimmerMan's numbers in the early going....
    • Jimmer Fredette
    • Guard

2011-12 Statistics

PPG
    RPG
    APG
    Born: Feb 25, 1989
    Height: 6-2 / 1.88
    Weight: 195 lbs. / 88.5 kg.
    College: Brigham Young

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still laughing over NHSteven trading Mantle and Maris cards for an alleged Babe Ruth card which turned out to be J. Edgar Hoover. LOL, too funny.

When it happened to me at the age of 8, I never thought it would have the legs to be a topic now; that's  either good or bad. To be honest, I haven't thought of it since then, until this thread came up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : LOL..it's funny how quickly card collections could get out of control...three times a week i would go to the shoe store in our neighborhood and ask the owner for empty shoeboxes...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

That must have been pretty common, 'cause I had shoeboxes full of cards too. One day , my grandfather (who was in his 80s), babysat, and for some reason decided to throw them out. I was furious. I relayed this story to my Dad decades later, who said he did the same thing to him!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The all UticaClub Thread - 24/7 : hey TWM...here's a small capsule of the JimmerMan's numbers in the early going.... Jimmer Fredette #7 Guard 2011-12 Statistics PPG 8.6 RPG 1.60 APG 2.4 Born: Feb 25, 1989 Height: 6-2 / 1.88 Weight: 195 lbs. / 88.5 kg. College: Brigham Young
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I would love to see him do well Jete, mostly because of the elitists on TNT and over at ESPN who predicted that Jimmer couldn't make it in the NBA.