The Amazing Jose Iglesias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: The Amazing Jose Iglesias

In response to moonslav59's comment:

My guess is he will be about .650 for a few years, and end up near .700 into his prime years with maybe a couple years over .725.

Yes, 23 is young. It's hard to know with any certainty where he will end up.

Sox4ever

MLB average at SS  2013  .675

JI:

minors  294 games  .622

majors  114 games  .676

My guess is that he is a shade over .625 over the next 5 years.

I am glad he is gone because of the lack of character he showed in AAA this year.  For Ben to suspend him and hurt his trade value, he really must have been an imature idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Here is something that people forget: Iglesias is 23 years old. He is the shortstop on a playoff bound team. His fielding is spectacular. His hitting is falling off, although still over .300. He has his career ahead of him. There is every reason to think that he will improve with experience. Here is the thing to think about : He is the same age as Bradley, Barnes, Webster and Vazquez. Younger than Brentz, Ranaudo,DeLaRosa, Workman and Britton. The highly touted Cecchini is only one year younger and still trying to adjust to AA ball. Our number one pick, the well regarded Marrero, will turn 23 next week. He was just now promoted to AA.  With the exception of Bogaerts and Owens, these guys are the top prospects that we have been raving about. Iglesias has already accomplished much more than them at the same age. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

We might forget it, but Iglesias' supporters seem to work it into EVERY post as if it is the only number that matters.

So can I assume you thought the Sox should either give up on 2013, or that Workman was going to be enough to secure a rotation spot?  The Sox wanted a GOOD starting pticher, they got a good starting pitcher, and they acquired him by dealing from depth.   Even the anti-Iglesias arguments don't say he wa bad, just that he was expendable with all the depth at 3B and SS in the upper levels of the famr system...

I think Iglesias was too high a price to pay for Peavy. Jake , while a good pitcher, is not what he used to be. Shortstops with the defensive skills of Iglesias are few and far between. I may be in the minority, but I do believe he will be a good hitter. I just do not think this was a  good deal. A few starts by Peavy vs. a few starts by Workman is not worth the loss of Iglesias. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

My guess is he will be about .650 for a few years, and end up near .700 into his prime years with maybe a couple years over .725.

Sox4ever

Your guess is as good as mine as to the future. I think he will continue to improve. He has approx. 300 P.A.s at this point in the season.  That is quite a few to say that he has been lucky. He is still batting.318. OPS is about .750.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Sox4ever

Your guess is as good as mine as to the future. I think he will continue to improve. He has approx. 300 P.A.s at this point in the season.  That is quite a few to say that he has been lucky. He is still batting.318. OPS is about .750.   

So you think that is what he will hit over his career?

I would bet everything I had that he wont.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Sox4ever

So you think that is what he will hit over his career?

I would bet everything I had that he wont.

Did you bet on Liston against Ali ?  

Sections
Shortcuts