THE "BIG O" IS CALLING FOR THE RED SOX PLAYERS TO RETURN $$$$$.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Re: THE "BIG O" IS CALLING FOR THE RED SOX PLAYERS TO RETURN $$$$$.....

No, Bill, the Ombanation is calling for a "obscene profits tax" on wealthy baseball owners. The MLBPA members have applied with Joe Biden and received a waiver from this tax. They have also donated large sums to the "Give The Recovery Time to Finish/Obama 2012" reelection campaign. The waiver was not related to the donations, as the MLBPA has always supported the civil right of collective bargaining with a monopoly.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If the owners want to make deals on the level of John Lackey and Carl Crawford they should be taxed, and taxed a lot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Re: THE "BIG O" IS CALLING FOR THE RED SOX PLAYERS TO RETURN $$$$$.....:
    If the owners want to make deals on the level of John Lackey and Carl Crawford they should be taxed, and taxed a lot.
    Posted by BurritoT

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

We have 246 millionaires in Congress.

These people are being paid with our tax money.

Pro athletes are paid by privately owned teams. Their pay depends strictly on money paid by YOU the fan when you buy tickets, souveniers, food. And by advertising dollars, money from T.V. networks operated by the team owners , etc.

Why would anyone think players who signed contracts agreed upon by two parties would ever "return" money because of bad results or lack of results?

Our public servants in Washington are bloated with money and bleeding us dry. These greedy S.O.B.s vote themselves raises and then feign concern over the "middle class" and their struggles with unemployment, gas prices, inflation, rising taxes, social security , health insurance, etc. They are not interested in any talk about "returning" any of OUR money. Oh, sure, every so often they throw back a few crumbs labeled a "stimulus" and this does what? It is just an appeasement so we forget how much we are being r@ped by the very people we elect to guide us!

Now I ask, WHO should be "returning" $$$$???

Anyone really worried whether J.D.Drew and Lackey live well with money provided by John Henry and Co....or are you more concerned that the 246 millionaires in Congress ( who don't need the money) are collecting salaries, getting perks and meanwhile pretending they really give a damn about the "middle class?"...people who are "very worried" about global warming yet drive limousines, luxury SUV's and use private jets?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You should see Cambodia Zilla. All the brass drive SUV's, have 3 or more homes, and take whatever they want when they want it. The Prime Minister just promoted his son to General, alah North Korea; the PM's daughter owns one of the few television stations.  

If you want to see corruption come here for a few days.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Just to ad to that ... what American politicians do behind closed doors, the Khmer do in full view of the public. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

Cambodia? Neat...you're not too far away from me. I'm in China, province of Yunnan. I have traveled to the border of Vietnam. Completely understand what your talking about. China has it too, as does every country.

The players are being paid by what we pay the teams for tickets, food, drink, etc. Some of it may come from the owners themselves as well. It's not the same as a tax though. We, as fans, want to pay so we can be entertained. Unlike a tax where we have to pay.

(Yeah, I know that's stating the obvious...I'm just blabbing cause I'm bored) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Love Ha Noi and Sa Pa.... I should go to China, but I am not certain where the best places to go are.  I like to avoid the big cities.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts