The "He said, she said, he said" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The "He said, she said, he said" Thread

This is for anyone and everyone (no names mentioned) who needs a place to battle each other over everything except baseball. Enjoy! You can have rational discourse here when the subject matter is no longer baseball, without disrupting the integrity of the conversation threads.

there is no disrespect intended in this thread to anyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread

I just want to say that if i was on United 93 on 9/11, not only would I have killed all the terrorists and landed the plane safely on a rural highway, but I also would have thwarted the Lincoln and JFK assasinations with my time machine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread:
    I just want to say that if i was on United 93 on 9/11, not only would I have killed all the terrorists and landed the plane safely on a rural highway, but I also would have thwarted the Lincoln and JFK assasinations with my time machine.
    Posted by georom4

Ahhhh - but could you have stopped John Lennon from meeting Yoko Ono?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread : Ahhhh - but could you have stopped John Lennon from meeting Yoko Ono?
    Posted by jesseyeric

their love could not be stopped, it was a force of nature......only destiny could match two people with such similair souls and facial hair...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Kim - you commented on the Fielder thread was based on the fact that the OP had only 4 posts. At one point, we all had only 4 posts. Why not wait and see where that poster goes with their discussions before you put a label on it or him/her.

Mikey - I responded to you because I knew what was going to happen and it did. Now that thread looks like it will be on life support and that is too bad because it was a good conversation about the top F.A. that is still out there.

Again - all respect to you both and Pike as well, and whomever else enjoys playing this game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Miller Lite - great taste or less filling.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Who was the best character in those commercials?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Posted by georom4

That would have made for a better movie. Not as sad as the actual one.

I wonder how many people were like me who starting rooting for the passengers forgetting the ending for a minute. It makes me cry even thinking about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread : That would have made for a better movie. Not as sad as the actual one. I wonder how many people were like me who starting rooting for the passengers forgetting the ending for a minute. It makes me cry even thinking about it.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

But should the movie even have been made?

Marky Mark - not a good comment dude. Might hurt ticket sales of Contraband.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread : But should the movie even have been made?   Marky Mark - not a good comment dude. Might hurt ticket sales of Contraband.
    Posted by jesseyeric

No, but I think it was to show how heroic those passengers were. Not comparing the two, but I'm not sure the Perfect Storm should have been made either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread : But should the movie even have been made?   Marky Mark - not a good comment dude. Might hurt ticket sales of Contraband.
    Posted by jesseyeric

that film United 93 actually had the real people in it who were there that day at the air force base and east coast air command...it was an amazing, thoughtful film...how anyone can say what walhberg said is beyond me...those folks were real heroes...not film phonies

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Btw, what did Mark say?

Oh, I get the post now, it was a slam against Mark. Boy, that guy Geo just doesn't like Boston. That explains his posts at least.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Marky Mark, like most of Hollywood actually believe real life takes place in their imaginery silver screen world. Poor boy.

Mark said that if he was on the flight, there would have been a different outcome and everyone would have arrived home safely. Don't think Geo's comment had anything to do with where Mark was born.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: The

Exactly, Jess.  The Dorchester bad azz. In his defense, everyone has said something at one time or another, they wish they hadn't. Difference being, it's not reported on the news. He realized his mistake and apologized.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Marky Mark, like most of Hollywood actually believe real life takes place in their imaginery silver screen world. Poor boy. Mark said that if he was on the flight, there would have been a different outcome and everyone would have arrived home safely. Don't think Geo's comment had anything to do with where Mark was born.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I think Mark wishes he was on the flight because of his anger about the situation. He was supposed to be on one of the planes. That probably had something to do with it. Not a dis towards the people involved. He probably naively thought he could help them, when at the time no one was even suspecting anything like that to happen. He has since apologized for the comment. I don't think he meant to insult anyone. He's not that kind of person.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread : Who was the best character in those commercials?
    Posted by jesseyeric
    Remember Bob Euker in all of the Miller Lite Commercials? I thought he was great!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread : Remember Bob Euker in all of the Miller Lite Commercials? I thought he was great!
    Posted by pri360

Euker was my fav as well. As for Marky Mark - agreed, he probably spoke without thinking and has since apologized. But when it comes to such sensitive subjects, hollywood needs to think just a moment longer before speaking. Example - Hanoi Jane Fonda. Most of us were against the war, but never against the troops or allegience to the country. She crossed the line.

The feelings from that day are still extremely strong. Personally, I have had two fights (physical) while in Manhattan with 911 conspiracy theorists. No one is going to tell me that it was rigged and that our Government did it. And for sure, no one will besmirch (did I spell that correctly) the memory of my friends that died on that day in my face.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: The

I'm with ya again,  jess.  my first thought was, why even go there? they showed the burning towers when reporting on it last night. Still get a sick sinking feeling, everytime I see it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

All I know is this forum used to be a good daily read.  Now it is full of posts like "who's trolling who" and political rants and other personal attacks.   Ever since reading about Padilles' background with previous teams, I've been trying to find a thread that discussed intelligent opinions about this particular acquisition.  Bothers me a bit that he has bad behavior rep and is often too willing to risk hitting batters.  Just wondered if anyone has any reason to believe whether or not between having  his surgical procedures if he squeezed in a few anger management sessions. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

All I know is this forum used to be a good daily read.  Now it is full of posts like "who's trolling who" and political rants and other personal attacks.  
    Posted by michaelsjr

You forgot the biggest disappointment of them all.

I haven't been posting here as often.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

All I know is this forum used to be a good daily read.  Now it is full of posts like "who's trolling who" and political rants and other personal attacks.   Ever since reading about Padilles' background with previous teams, I've been trying to find a thread that discussed intelligent opinions about this particular acquisition.  Bothers me a bit that he has bad behavior rep and is often too willing to risk hitting batters.  Just wondered if anyone has any reason to believe whether or not between having  his surgical procedures if he squeezed in a few anger management sessions. 
    Posted by michaelsjr
    nice post .... so true.  It says that Padilla is only 34 years old --- same age as Halladay and and a year older than Lee; so he should be nowhere near washed at this point. It looks like he was making $12M as recenlty as 2009 and last year he made just $2M. If thats not enough of an incentive to makes some changes -- I don't know what is. But then again A.J. Burnett has never been able to fix whats broken with him; and when his contract is up; he probably won't make a third of what he makes now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread : I think Mark wishes he was on the flight because of his anger about the situation. He was supposed to be on one of the planes. That probably had something to do with it. Not a dis towards the people involved. He probably naively thought he could help them, when at the time no one was even suspecting anything like that to happen. He has since apologized for the comment. I don't think he meant to insult anyone. He's not that kind of person.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

read his apology today....he didnt even spin it like you did, he simply apologized for being stupid....does loving Boston mean you have to like these idiotic statements???  with that reasoning, maybe you are Pike...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: The "He said, she said, he said" Thread : read his apology today....he didnt even spin it like you did, he simply apologized for being stupid....does loving Boston mean you have to like these idiotic statements???  with that reasoning, maybe you are Pike...
    Posted by georom4

I like Mark. Always have. I've said I'm not Pike. I don't know Pike. I never met Pike. I have no connection to Pike or relation to Pike, except for the fact I understand his frustration with the board, although I don't agree with everything he says.

And FTR, anyone who thinks I'm a guy needs their head examined. No offense. That's just off-the-charts ridiculous to me, unless it involves someone who is just trying to be annoying.

Sections
Shortcuts