The "sold out" myth.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: The "sold out" myth.

jim, the Pirates stole all those tickets.

This is what PIRATES do.

They steal things.

That's why they are pirates.

"Argh , might you be wantin' ta sell some Red Sox tickets, matey? Nevermind, I'll just take 'em from you. And you can then walk the plank!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Zill, nice job!  If you look at the Pirate website, the prices are unreal!  You could see two games, fly in and stay at the Four Seasons for less than a Sox game at Fenway...maybe alittle hyperbole but you get the point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : I just think it's ridiculous how much it is celebrated by the team and the rfn. They even sell plaques celebrating it. To me it's like celebrating bonds as the home run champ.
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

This implies it has meaning.  i think a more apt comparison the Twins or Sox taking the Mayor's Cup.  WHO CARES?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

In Response to The "sold out" myth.:
    [QUOTE]The Red sox claims of selling out every game are a joke. You can go on the website and get 10 infield grandstand seats together (10:15 am Friday for the Cubs). One look at the stands will tell you the same thing. If the writers hadn't "sold out" the brass wouldn't get away with this claim.
    Posted by sabin1951[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox keep a certain number of tickets available for sale for the day of the game.  Also, you need to keep in mind that "standing room only" tickets don't count toward sellouts; and attendance covers "tickets sold" not "seats filled."

I'm not sure why this is even an issue.  Who cares?  Really, it's splitting hairs.  Find something more important to concern yourself with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

It's a classic marketing ploy. Luchino has been regularly reminding people that there are tickets for sale at most of these games, to the point of almost pleading.

You claim "limited edition" and "sold out" to drive up interest and overpay based upon a misrepresented supply and demand assessment. Under the law, it falls under puffery so no government consumer protection action to protect the idiots is going to pass muster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

how about they do right by us come playoff time for once?..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]If the myth gets debunked, what does it all mean?  I'm trying to buy seats for Sox vs. PIRATES in Pittsburgh. All they have are random single seats.  So, it tells me that Sox fans travel well.  They are about to sell out THEY PIRATES! Sorry, Babe! 

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Actually, the red flops are the 8th highest road draw. Crazy as it may be, the royals are actually drawing the most fans on the road.

The Yanks draw the highest percentage of capacity on the road, while the red flops come in 12th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : Actually, the red flops are the 8th highest road draw. Crazy as it may be, the royals are actually drawing the most fans on the road. The Yanks draw the highest percentage of capacity on the road, while the red flops come in 12th.

Your figures are way off according to this article.

http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2011/05/yankee-stadium-attendance-update-29831

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : Your figures are way off according to this article. http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2011/05/yankee-stadium-attendance-update-29831

Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

I know it's difficult for you to follow along most of the time but we are discussing ROAD attendance while the article you posted talks about the Yankee HOME attendance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The road attendance is on the right side of the chart. How could you miss it Eddie?
    The figures do not back up what you said. Spaceman thinks that you are smarter than this. KC isn't even listed. Please provide the forum with your source. I'll bet that you won't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

"Scutaro is not an injury worry, Jed is" Softlaw winter 2011.

Injury Hx. 2009 - present: Plantar fascitis, bicipital atrophy, C5 degenerative disc bulge, infraspinatus muscle tear, and oblique muscle tear.                     

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]The road attendance is on the right side of the chart. How could you miss it Eddie? The figures do not back up what you said. Spaceman thinks that you are smarter than this. KC isn't even listed. Please provise the forum with your source. I'll bet that you won't.

I didn't miss that pike. The chart you are looking at has them listed in % of HOME attendance.

Nobody thinks you are smart enough.

I won't be able to "provise" the forum of anything, but I can provide you with the accurate source of % of ROAD attendance.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/awayPct

And here is the source that shows that KC is the highest road draw.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/awayAvg

Thanks for playing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : Push away the keyboard and start living a life worth living.  Right now you are failing.  When you look back will you be glad you spent your time doing this?

Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

LOL...so your time spent here is "quality" time but mine isn't. 

Don't you have a cricket match to follow or something?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : Actually, the red flops are the 8th highest road draw. Crazy as it may be, the royals are actually drawing the most fans on the road. The Yanks draw the highest percentage of capacity on the road, while the red flops come in 12th.

What a tool you are!  I don't care about stats you can parrot.  I'm talking about Sox fans who travel.  Of course the Yankees have the highest road attendance because many front running Yankee fans live in all of these cities (1.e. Labron James).  But Pittsburgh is a pretty easy drive from New England so I bet many Sox fans will make a weekend of it...much like they do in Baltimore and Toronto.  But, as usual, you miss the point thinking you are smarter than everyone else.  The sad part is that you prove the exact opposite.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : What a tool you are!  I don't care about stats you can parrot.  I'm talking about Sox fans who travel.  Of course the Yankees have the highest road attendance because many front running Yankee fans live in all of these cities (1.e. Labron James).  But Pittsburgh is a pretty easy drive from New England so I bet many Sox fans will make a weekend of it...much like they do in Baltimore and Toronto.  But, as usual, you miss the point thinking you are smarter than everyone else.  The sad part is that you prove the exact opposite.

LOL...so sawx fans travel well but front running Yankee fans live in these areas.

Do you actually believe the drivel you post?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Can someone look at the chart that I provided to Babe. It shows actual attendance and % of capacity both Home and Away for the top ten teams. For some reason he can't see it or interpret it ( or refusing to admit his mistake or ignorance). Never trust anything that he says until you read his sources since his reading comprehension is extremely poor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : LOL...so sawx fans travel well but front running Yankee fans live in these areas. Do you actually believe the drivel you post?

You are shake your head stupid.  I didn't say that NO Yankee fans travel.  The reason the Yanks are an international money making powerhouse is BECAUSE more Yankee fans live in more towns in the states and oversees.  My cousin lives in England and has never been to a baseball game.  He loves the Yankees and has hats, shirts, etc.  Why do you think that is?

I have simply gone by what I have EXPERIENCED.  I was in the Hyatt in Baltimore and asked the front desk clerk about the number of Sox fans staying in the hotel.  She informed me that it was the same way whenever the Sox were in town.  She went on to say that Sox fans were BY FAR the largest number she had seen converge on the hotel for a weekend series in Baltimore.  She said the Yankees were a distant second.

It might have something to do with the scarcity of Sox tickets on the weekend in Boston.  It is much easier to get tickets in Baltimore no matter how you spin it.  based on that comment by the desk clerk, I asked the desk clerk at the hotel in SkyDome (now Rogers Centre) the same question.  He said the same thing, Sox fans travel more than any other team.  Based on these two anecdotes, I have formed my opinion.  If you don't like it, don't read it.

I also happen to go to Yankee Stadium pretty often and meet many fans from Boston enjoying the game and NYC as a way to take a short trip.  I mean, is this all OK with you or it is reason to have an argument? I would just as soon have you ignore me until you get banned again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone look at the chart that I provided to Babe. It shows actual attendance and % of capacity both Home and Away for the top ten teams. For some reason he can't see it or interpret it ( or refusing to admit his mistake or ignorance). Never trust anything that he says until you read his sources since his reading comprehension is extremely poor.

I'm guessing you didn't look at the links that I provided which clearly show that I am right. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : You are shake your head stupid.  I didn't say that NO Yankee fans travel.  The reason the Yanks are an international money making powerhouse is BECAUSE more Yankee fans live in more towns in the states and oversees.  My cousin lives in England and has never been to a baseball game.  He loves the Yankees and has hats, shirts, etc.  Why do you think that is? I have simply gone by what I have EXPERIENCED.  I was in the Hyatt in Baltimore and asked the front desk clerk about the number of Sox fans staying in the hotel.  She informed me that it was the same way whenever the Sox were in town.  She went on to say that Sox fans were BY FAR the largest number she had seen converge on the hotel for a weekend series in Baltimore.  She said the Yankees were a distant second. It might have something to do with the scarcity of Sox tickets on the weekend in Boston.  It is much easier to get tickets in Baltimore no matter how you spin it.  based on that comment by the desk clerk, I asked the desk clerk at the hotel in SkyDome (now Rogers Centre) the same question.  He said the same thing, Sox fans travel more than any other team.  Based on these two anecdotes, I have formed my opinion.  If you don't like it, don't read it. I also happen to go to Yankee Stadium pretty often and meet many fans from Boston enjoying the game and NYC as a way to take a short trip.  I mean, is this all OK with you or it is reason to have an argument? I would just as soon have you ignore me until you get banned again.

LOL...you call me stupid yet you can't spell overseas or Lebron.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : LOL...you call me stupid yet you can't spell overseas or Lebron.

I'm busting out posts at work so I'm hardly concerned with perfect spelling.  Could you get the point of the post?  I think you could.  You knew who I was speaking about, right?  But when you get owned, I guess you will latch onto anything.  Face.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : I'm busting out posts at work so I'm hardly concerned with perfect spelling.  Could you get the point of the post?  I think you could.  You knew who I was speaking about, right?  But when you get owned, I guess you will latch onto anything.  Face.

Hardly owned. Just cause you spoke to a couple of people at a hotel proves your theory?

Chances are when you asked them you were sporting your pink red flops hat and they told you that because they were trying to be nice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Hey, Babe can't spell Red Sox.  Either that or he meant to right Red Flops.  And if that is the case, then Babe is 7 years old.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : Hardly owned. Just cause you spoke to a couple of people at a hotel proves your theory? Chances are when you asked them you were sporting your pink red flops hat and they told you that because they were trying to be nice.

Didn't say I was proving anything, Babe.  You are off the rails.  If the desk clerk had said that Yankee fans storm the city more than Sox fans, would that mean the desk clerk was not being nice?  You are a fool. Who gives a damn?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : At least my seven year old nephew knows the difference between 'right' and 'write'.  

Good won, Babe, I'll pull the strings, you keep dancing.  This is fun.  Let's see if you continue to dance.

Sections
Shortcuts