The "sold out" myth.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sabin1951. Show sabin1951's posts

The "sold out" myth.

The Red sox claims of selling out every game are a joke. You can go on the website and get 10 infield grandstand seats together (10:15 am Friday for the Cubs). One look at the stands will tell you the same thing. If the writers hadn't "sold out" the brass wouldn't get away with this claim.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: The "sold out" myth.

What's the point?  I know that I try to bring my family to a weekend game and can't find a ticket for less than 2x face.  That's no myth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"LET ME BE CLEAR".... I THINK THAT THE SOX HAVE GONE BACK TO THE BOARDERS OF 1967.....  OR MAYBE, BECAUSE THE "BIG O" HAS HIS HANDS ALL OVER THE DROP IN THE $'s VALUE !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Do what I did - go to the ticket window game day and you will get reasonable seating....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In the immortal words of J. Tavares ... WHO CARES?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sabin1951. Show sabin1951's posts

The website I referred to is redsox.com. Those are face value  (plus the fees and service charges, of course).

In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth.:
    [QUOTE]What's the point?  I know that I try to bring my family to a weekend game and can't find a ticket for less than 2x face.  That's no myth.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to The "sold out" myth.:
    [QUOTE]The Red sox claims of selling out every game are a joke. You can go on the website and get 10 infield grandstand seats together (10:15 am Friday for the Cubs). One look at the stands will tell you the same thing. If the writers hadn't "sold out" the brass wouldn't get away with this claim.

Posted by sabin1951[/QUOTE]

It's been a farce for quite some time now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to The "sold out" myth.:
    [QUOTE]The Red sox claims of selling out every game are a joke. You can go on the website and get 10 infield grandstand seats together (10:15 am Friday for the Cubs). One look at the stands will tell you the same thing. If the writers hadn't "sold out" the brass wouldn't get away with this claim.
    Posted by sabin1951[/QUOTE]

Cry me a river...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

to the new poster with 2 posts. this thread is a joke. we got a walk off win last night against a very tough and determined tiger team and all you got time to do is start a thread about the sold out status of fenway is a joke? do you know that our sox are a game and a half out of first place?

hey niz! unbelievible man. just unbelievible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The REAL myth is people like the OP who claim to be Red Sox fans.It's probably some troll trying to stir things up because his team can't sell out any games and he's embarrassed by it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

Keep in mind, the Red Sox were holding on to a number of Cubs tickets for special packages and the like, and only just released them to the public recently. So they haven't had a chance to sell yet.

There will ALWAYS be some tickets available in the couple of days before a game, when teams release the tickets they've held on to (at minimum, the unused player allottment tickets)...these will pop up even after a game has "sold out" to the general public.

Their prescence does not mean a game will sell out; you make it sound like there have been tons of tickets left unsold by the Red Sox for this game since the offseason...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In the immortal words of J. Tavares ... WHO CARES?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

excellent

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

tickets are available on game day due to all clubs hold back 800-1000 tickets to accomodate players ticket requests. if they're not used, they're placed for sale. i have tried to purchase tickets to certain games and couldn't. then called a day or two in advance or game day and purchased them. some don't have the flexability to do that, but if you do, it's great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

The Fenway box office always holds back a certian number of tickets for walk-ups on game nights.  They tell you that when you take the tour of Fenway.

"Sold out" doesn't mean "every seat filled"  - season ticket holders who can't make the game that night will have empty seats...though the seats themselves have already been "sold".  

A friend of mine who lives in Cleveland and grew up an Indians fan told me that the Tribe would send around a bus to the parks and pick up kids and take them to the stadium (back in the day when one could do that safely) - she saw many free baseball games that way - but it created a "sold out" feel to the stadium because all the seats were full. 

And if you were going to go out and buy 100 tickets, but were only able to re-sell 25, those 75 seats would still be considered sold even if nobody was in them...

It's basic logic, really.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

http://www.bostonhospitalityindustry.com/2011/05/red-sox-slow-start-means-plethora-of.html

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_32/b4190024482985.htm

http://boston.about.com/b/2010/03/24/red-sox-sellout-streak-could-be-a-thing-of-the-past.htm

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.bostonhospitalityindustry.com/2011/05/red-sox-slow-start-means-plethora-of.html http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_32/b4190024482985.htm http://boston.about.com/b/2010/03/24/red-sox-sellout-streak-could-be-a-thing-of-the-past.htm
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

Have you told your doctor or pastor that you aren't able to sleep at night due to the false claims of Fenway Park sellouts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : Have you told your doctor or pastor that you aren't able to sleep at night due the the false claims of Fenway Parl sellouts?

Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

No pike, I have no problems sleeping, thanks for your concern though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : No pike, I have no problems sleeping, thanks for your concern though.
     but seriously babe, you do seem to have this strange obsession with debunking the fenway sellout "myth"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. :  but seriously babe, you do seem to have this strange obsession with debunking the fenway sellout "myth"

Only because it continually gets brought up in here.....just like the "sawx recoup the dice k posting fee" drivel that's stated in here frequently.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : Only because it continually gets brought up in here.....just like the "sawx recoup the dice k posting fee" drivel that's stated in here frequently.

Thats fair.  In my eyes, the posting-fee-recoup is a topic worth harping on.  It was controversial then, Dice is a lightning rod, and the "recoup" arguement doesn't hold water.  But, what in the world even remotely matters about fenway sellouts and whether or not people crow about it?  Isn't kind of superfluous?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : Thats fair.  In my eyes, the posting-fee-recoup is a topic worth harping on.  It was controversial then, Dice is a lightning rod, and the "recoup" arguement doesn't hold water.  But, what in the world even remotely matters about fenway sellouts and whether or not people crow about it?  Isn't kind of superfluous?

I just think it's ridiculous how much it is celebrated by the team and the rfn.

They even sell plaques celebrating it. To me it's like celebrating bonds as the home run champ.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "sold out" myth. : I just think it's ridiculous how much it is celebrated by the team and the rfn. They even sell plaques celebrating it. To me it's like celebrating bonds as the home run champ.

I agree.  It really doesn't mean anything.  Everyone knows the Sox have a giant fan base and that the park itself is a draw.  I couldn't care less about some 'streak' of sellouts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have spent time trying to disprove many conspiracy theroies.

I haven't gotten to this one yet.

Area 51, the moon landing, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Kennedy assassination (both of them), MLK assassination, the "dead zone" of Mexico, Tunguska event, UFO sightings....these are ahead of the "great Fenway Park swindle" on my list.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

If the myth gets debunked, what does it all mean?  I'm trying to buy seats for Sox vs. PIRATES in Pittsburgh. All they have are random single seats.  So, it tells me that Sox fans travel well.  They are about to sell out THEY PIRATES!

Sorry, Babe! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I have spent time trying to disprove many conspiracy theroies. I haven't gotten to this one yet. Area 51, the moon landing, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Kennedy assassination (both of them), MLK assassination, the "dead zone" of Mexico, Tunguska event, UFO sightings....these are ahead of the "great Fenway Park swindle" on my list.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

thank you z