The answer for Jose Iglesias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

The answer for Jose Iglesias

Mike Aviles should not be moved to accomodate the 2012 version of Herb Washington....so make Iggy our Herb Washington!  http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/washihe01.shtml

Herb played 2 seasons for the As in the 70s:
    • 2 years
    • 105 games
    • 0 PAs
    • 33 runs
    • 31 SB (though 17 CS)
    But Iggy can field well, so he gets to be a late innings defensive replacement too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: The answer for Jose Iglesias

In Response to The answer for Jose Iglesias:
    Mike Aviles should not be moved to accomodate the 2012 version of Herb Washington....so make Iggy our Herb Washington!  http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/washihe01.shtml Herb played 2 seasons for the As in the 70s: 2 years 105 games 0 PAs 33 runs 31 SB (though 17 CS) But Iggy can field well, so he gets to be a late innings defensive replacement too.
    Posted by Chilliwings

Wow, 0 PA's in over 100 games.....  Impressive.  I imagine Iggy would get more than 0 PA's since he'd stay in for defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EricBennington. Show EricBennington's posts

The answer is - time to trade to a team for 2 good pitchers.   Sox do not need a great defensive SS that cannot hit, just another out at the bottom of the lineup!

May not be a popular move, but it is time... .200 in AAA Really???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: The answer for Jose Iglesias:
    May not be a popular move, but it is time... .200 in AAA Really???
    Posted by EricBennington

He's had some bad luck early in the season.  His BABIP in AAA is over 30 points below last years mark, which had been the lowest of his career following his wrist injury.  He's showing much better plate discipline this year.  He's already walked 8 times compared to 21 times all of last year, and it isn't because pitchers are pitching around him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

You're right, and there is hope he can eventually hit .240, with an OBP of .320.  If he can, great, I'll be on the bandwagon.  But he isn't, so I'm not.  But I hope he develops.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

There's not gonna be a spot for Iglesias in a few years when Xander Boegarts is ready anyway.  Keep Aviles for 2-3 years with Iglesias as the backup, then get rid of him when Boegarts is ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Not sure why we have to throw the kid under the bus...before he even has the chance to show what he can and can't do at the big league level. End of the day moving Avilies to 3rd and calling up Iglesias is in the best interest of the team due to Youk once again heading for a stint on the DL.

Who knows maybe...just maybe, Iglesias will prove to be a valuable asset and just by his mere presence on the field tighten up the left side of the infield to such a degree that our team is the better for it...remember you only have to score 1 more than your opponant...1-0 counts the same in the standing as does 10-9....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Bean - I'm not throwing him under the bus;  I'm throwing the fanatical "bring up Iggy/Lav/Midd now it's a crisis we need transformation" crowd under the bus.

Lav is not required now when the catchers' OPS is .800, Iggy cannot hit anywhere near the required level - I think .200 is well beyond him - and Middlebrooks might be close but has to wait until he passes the Super 2 barrier in the next couple of weeks.

I absolutely do not think Aviles should be moved for Iggy;  Iggy should be cover for Punto, who is cover for 4/5/6.  Filling in for 4/5/6 is Punto's job and he's good at it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

One solution is Aviles to 3B and Iggy to SS and unfortunately, trade Youk IF they are comfortable w/ Ross as a providing RH Thump which they should be.

Actually, that means our best OF alignment is Ross/Ellsbury/Sweeney w/ a 142 million on the bench.

By the way, and I know this is off topic, but I believe the Sox will be able to keep Ellsbury in 2014 as a lot of payroll will be coming off the books (Youk, Ortiz, Dice K and only 1 more year of both Lackey and Beckett)

Back to Iggy - the other solution for him is to be used the way we used Pokey in 2004 or even ACora in 2007........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Defense at SS win's ball games !!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts