The Beard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The Beard?

Just read a short story on MSN about the former SF Giant closer working out for pro scouts ... he wasn't that impressive in January in a try out with the Mets ... unhappy himself, he waited until he fet ready.

What would you guyus think of the Beard in Beantown?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: The Beard?

Brian Wilson? Probably wont be ready until sometime in August and I think SF might have the inside track to signing him. Theyve already watched him throw Tuesday, but he should be throwing for a bunch of teams soon...Id at least take a look and see what hes asking for and what is offered. Its just $$ so the Sox have as good a chance as anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Yep.

If it's just the money.

I took his trying out for the Mets as a sign of unhappiness about how the Giants were dealing with him. I could be way off on that point, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Yep.

If it's just the money.

I took his trying out for the Mets as a sign of unhappiness about how the Giants were dealing with him. I could be way off on that point, though.

Someone should pick him up. Personally, I think he would fit right in sitting in the pen out in RF at Fenway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Though, he better get on some vitamins or something if he wants to retain his status as The Beard.  Right now, I am thinking Mike Nap's James-Garfield-on-Steroids monstrosity takes the prize.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

There was a thread about this a few days ago...

I think it is a good idea given our needs, our desire to not give up top prospects for relievers (the right decision BTW), and that he would want to play for a contender (especially being a NE kid). 

However, I don't see how he is in position to demand a high salary after coming off of major arm surgery. A one year, incentive laden deal would be all I would want the Sox to offer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

He's from New Hampshire. He probably grew up a Red Sox fan. If the money is about equal to what other teams offer, I think Boston would have the inside track on him.

Sections
Shortcuts