The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Let's see how the numbers break out on quick reactions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve?

If it includes both Beckett and Crawford and they are going to save 260 of 270 million?  And get some prospects in return?  It's a no brainer..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In Response to Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve?:
    If it includes both Beckett and Crawford and they are going to save 260 of 270 million?  And get some prospects in return?  It's a no brainer..........
    Posted by andrewmitch

Prospects are always a risk, but its one they either take or sink deeper into the muck for many more years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve? : Prospects are always a risk, but its one they either take or sink deeper into the muck for many more years.
    Posted by pumpsie-green

this moves solves so many of their issues it is a stroke of genius

now Ben can focus on his coaching staff and acquiring some starters - and he time to do that now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

As constructed, we fleeced them.  Nothing against the players we gave up, but for the $58M those guys earn, we shouldn't have gotten anything back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve?":
    If it includes both Beckett and Crawford and they are going to save 260 of 270 million?  And get some prospects in return?  It's a no brainer.......... Posted by andrewmitch
    Bet you can't wait to get your cut. Maybe they will lower the price of a beer and a dog at the park. Are you wanting a WC or a fatter wallet?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve? : this moves solves so many of their issues it is a stroke of genius now Ben can focus on his coaching staff and acquiring some starters - and he time to do that now Posted by andrewmitch
    You are either being sarcastic or completely lost your mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

As constructed, we fleeced them.  Nothing against the players we gave up, but for the $58M those guys earn, we shouldn't have gotten anything back.
    Posted by Joebreidey

That's $58M per year keep in mind. On top of that, Iglesias will probably be up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Is this the biggest salary dump in sports history?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

As constructed, we fleeced them.  Nothing against the players we gave up, but for the $58M those guys earn, we shouldn't have gotten anything back. Posted by Joebreidey
    You are as delusional as andrewmitch. More concerned about saving a buck than winning a championship. I thought you were heralded as one of the smarter ones on this forum. Turns out you are not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to "Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve?": You are as delusional as andrewmitch. More concerned about saving a buck than winning a championship. I thought you were heralded as one of the smarter ones on this forum. Turns out you are not.
    Posted by Alibiike

Ike, when and how did you see us winning a championship the way we were?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to "Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve?": You are as delusional as andrewmitch. More concerned about saving a buck than winning a championship. I thought you were heralded as one of the smarter ones on this forum. Turns out you are not.
    Posted by Alibiike

Uh, I reckon you're delusional if you think winning championships are done with abosulely no relation to money............

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve? : Ike, when and how did you see us winning a championship the way we were?
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Don't you know?  As soon as Crawford comes back we'll go on one of our famous tears!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I voteed that I approve of the trade. I do not want AGon to be traded but if that is what it takes to get rid of the other two then I must accept his departure. I will still defend his time here, he has been very good (note second half 2012 to all his detractors).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

In Response to Re: The Blockbuster: Approve or Not Approve? : That's $58M per year keep in mind. On top of that, Iglesias will probably be up.
    Posted by ADG

Iglesias cant even cut it in the minors... do you think for one minute that he would be in the minors all this time if he were that good?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Looks like rebuilding time.  We have a second baseman, third baseman, center fielder, catcher (Lava), dh, shortstop (ciriaco), Buchholz and Lester; we need three good starters including one ace, a right and left fielder and a first baseman.  Els may be gone with Bradley the future CF.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It was perfect Public Relations by Larry L. He made absolutely sure the fans had turned on the players--waited and then pulled this move. It's business and this was a business move. The Sox won't win for another 8 or 9 years or until they are sold. The Henry/LL/Werner group got 2 WS titles, and they don't give a hoot about the fans anymore. And fans are going to say "we saved 270 million!!!" and I'm going to say "Not my money."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

As a Yankee fan, I approve of this trade. I agree that ridding the contracts of Beckett and CC are a good thing, but moving Gonzalez makes zero sense to me. None, nil, zilch, nada, no comprende. And you know the Sox are going to have to pay some serious salary on this. No way Dodgers take on such long term contracts without some help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by Alibiike

BB is a simple sport.  It is all about production per dollar spent.

Did you think we got $58M worth of production from those three guys?

Like I said, I have nothing against these guys.  I like Gonzo, but doubt we'll get value in the last three years.  I like CC okay as person, but you really think he's worth $20M per?  I like Beckett too, but his K/W is down to 2.47.  That's his worst since 2006.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I voteed that I approve of the trade. I do not want AGon to be traded but if that is what it takes to get rid of the other two then I must accept his departure . I will still defend his time here, he has been very good (note second half 2012 to all his detractors).
    Posted by EnchiladaT

Buritto, you may have liked the guy, but I think he was an overpaid, underperforming, glorified singles hitter....   A clean-up hitting 1st base power hitter?  no-way!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Posted by andrewmitch

Do you think the the Dodgers aren't getting the RS to pick up SIGNIFICANT portions of the salary remaining on these contracts.  I'm thinking that the RS will need to pick up 40-50 million bucks of the Beckett, Crawford Gozalez contracts, .. minimum.

And, while it would be better for all involved for Beckett to move on as he's clearly worn out his welcome.  Gonzalez and Crawford are good, relatively young players, potentially productive players.  The RS might be about to spend a lot of money to let a couple of fairly good players to go play elsewhere, .. again.

I can't say I'm upset about that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Is this the biggest salary dump in sports history?
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

It would appear to be so, .. but A-Rod deal might actually still be bigger.  It's dependent upon just how much money is going to the Dodgers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Posted by Joebreidey

We actually agree on something Brady. This is not without risk, but if it becomes finalized it will change everything about this franchise. Add to that: we will get a very good draft pick this year and if we correctly identify a good pitching prospect we could be stockpiling such prospects effectively. Thats the formula for success: stockpile pitching prospects (some are bound to pan out) and buy the occasional bat.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportingGoods. Show SportingGoods's posts

I remember people where on this board going gaga
    the year we got gonzo and crawford. Gonzales has
    been a superstar. So we get rid of a top player
    so that we can also get rid of another potential star
    player (craw) and someone perhaps washed up for
    some minor leagers. hmm. Rotating door on top
    free agents? Who could one sign that is better then gonzales.
    bs move

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

Sox dump salary is the only good thing. Gonzalas will love L.A., Crawford will be good after the all star break next year. Becket will get a shot of hgh and be lights out for the rest of the year. Loney is a joke, dLa Rosa coming off T.J. surgery, sox have rotten pitching coaches so he will get ruined. Sox should have dumped management. Good trade for Dodgers. Good for sox if salary means everything.

Sections
Shortcuts