The board is Full of Whining Crybabies!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies!

In Response to Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies!:
    [QUOTE]You have the option of going onto the so called "private" forum and the other option is accept the FACT other people have differing thoughts. They have just as much right as you do to state it, so don't forget that. The one I see whinning is the one who started this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Red Sox 11 Haha!  Nice try Red Sox.  Differing thoughts is one thing.  But if you can't see the whining coming from the masses then you are as blind as they are.  If you think I'm the one whining, that is fine with me.  So you and your ilk can keep it up.  Just as you have every right to whine, moan and cry like a school girl, I have every right to point it out.  And I will continue to do it as long as they continue to sob.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Jim, 

Great letter to the forum. As for Redsox11 he's about the worst whiner on the board. I can't recall any positive posting from him, all he knows is how bad Tito is, how we need to get rid of Tito, etc, etc. I know the trolls and Redsox11 whom is among the worst will love this, but I read the forum much less these days and don't care to comment very often as the whiners and trolls have taken over this forum. Good to see your and your common sense back.

Hetchinspete

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Oh...I'm tolerant of others.  Tolerance requires a permissive attitude towards the opinions of others.  Which I have.  I simply point out that it is whining.  I never said they should not be allowed to whine, just that I would point it out.  

That's about right.  They're allowed to panic and whine.

And we're allowed to point out that they are whiners and panic-prone.  It's not unlike the real world.  Everyone has probably worked with people that spend the day whining.

Live and let whine.  We'll doing the living and they can take care of the whining and we'll be happy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i thought the private "reach around" room was made solely to avoid these kind of posters that bring the "good" posters down???? why are those folks here? don't get me wrong about anyone posting anything but creating a private room because you hate "concern trolls/whiners" and then posting a thread in public about them is like having your cake and eating it too...

toughen up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Exactly, which is why it's always best to just ignore the "Real Fans" ......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]Exactly, which is why it's always best to just ignore the "Real Fans" ......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

In your case, "best to ignore" anybody that may be critical of you, which is often those fans that have sense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Amen. The same people would find something to whine about even if we were 10-3 instead...recent history on this board has proven that some people aren't satisfied with anything short of winning 120 games and a World Series every year. I visited today's game thread a couple times earlier and noticed that certain posters (who shall go unnamed) can't even stop their bellyaching when a game is going well. Astounding. Some people just seem to thrive on negativity for negativity's sake...why be a sports fan at all if it brings you so much grief?
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]

Flapjack,

Absolutely.  It amazes the hang out of me that is the case.  I was astounded, truly astounded when the Crawford signing came under fire.  Or rather, that he did.   I know he's having a rough start, but that isn't the season.  I can understand the concern some had with the length of the contract, but I have no problem with it at all.  Heck, we missed A-Rod by only $4 million a year (I know we have a contingent that is glad for that.  My problem  was they would have traded Manny and Nomah subsequently.... At that time that was ridiculous to me.  Nomah went and 1st crown came.  Manny stayed thru 2 crowns ... then the implosion.)

Pike will remind us that some are playing devil's advocate just to irritate and confound, but there are some who are just plain instant complainers.  To our ancient friends, the hard years almost makes that a "birthright" - though I am a fairly long lived fan and cannot understand the negs with all the good.  The newbies ... that whine and cry ... are used to having an instant high all the time.  If they are losing their video game, either the game stinks or they can get sheets of cheats on line so they can "win" ....

That's why, seeing him doing his hard work daily, I fully trust Carl Crawford to be a great impact player.  He has done the hard work and keeps doing it.  He doesn't just turn off the video game ....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]That is how I roll, Ghost.  If you take it as a lecture, take it as such.  I guess you are one of the whiners.  That's cool!  Everyone is upset, but not everyone cries like a baby.  BTW, you read the "lecture" and chose to respond.  Maybe you ought to skip the next lecture and schedule all your courses for after lunch.

That is how you roll?  Wow!  You even have "street cred"

Thank goodness you are back from fantasyland - we need more jack@sses on the board and you are doing the work of 5.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Ouch but I liked it!!! Bout time of these people get it back at them!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies! : That is how you roll?  Wow!  You even have "street cred" Thank goodness you are back from fantasyland - we need more jack@sses on the board and you are doing the work of 5.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's amazing how many "baseball experts" and "internet tough guys" are surprised by fan anger over a team gets off to the worst start in 80+ years after being touted as the most talented team in franchise history.

Only a complete moron would be surprised by fans being angry over that.

You just know that these lecturers spend their evenings weeping over their Bill James books trying to figure it all out, before presenting their brave faces for this board.

That's just "how they roll"; so cool!  And tough to boot!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I haven't seen any experts have you? But the ones who think they are experts are the first one's complaining when people challenge what they say. Well I say speak away. More people are seeing that the team is in trouble and terrry francona is not the answer.

[QUOTE]It's amazing how many "baseball experts" and "internet tough guys" are surprised by fan anger over a team gets off to the worst start in 80+ years after being touted as the most talented team in franchise history. Only a complete moron would be surprised by fans being angry over that. You just know that these lecturers spend their evenings weeping over their Bill James books trying to figure it all out, before presenting their brave faces for this board. That's just "how they roll"; so cool!  And tough to boot!
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If I can see it than tito should be able too also." 

You also give Tito credit for the two rings he won for the Sox, right? Or are you one of those who offer the logically untenable position that Tito is responsible for the team's failures but gets no credit for their successes? 

Tito in my view gets both, credit for good times and some responsibility for bad times. I think the team was not ready out of the gate and the lineup stuff should have been settled in Spring training. Having said that, you really have to get over this idea that you know better than Tito when to pull a guy out of a game. We've all seen pitchers who were never the same after getting yanked too often. He has to take into account confidence over the long haul versus yanking someone at the first sign of trouble. I realize that is a very sophisticated concept for someone as eager to stick someone on a pole as you, but you may want to give it some thought. 

As for me, my take is that if Francona can right the ship and make the playoffs, he should stay on. If he can't, it may well be time for him to move on. But he's not getting fired now so you may as well relax and enjoy the ride a little more.

As for this from Ghost, "Only a complete moron would be surprised by fans being angry over that." I'm not surprised that fans are angry but it does show me that most fans are stupid and overly spoiled. I never bought into the media hype that this was an all time great team. Because I wasn't a sucker for the hype like you evidently were I was able to ride out the early problems without feeling sorry for myself. You might want to try it sometime - and hey, you can still criticize the team to boot. 

I'm one of those fans who takes into account "mega trends," such as, if Beckett is pitching well we have a good chance of being a very good team when all is said and done. But as you say, some fans just look at the record and what they were promised by the media and and pundits and it reminds them of all the times they asked Santa for a special present and they didn't get one, and they start feeling sorry for themselves. I understand the anger but the anger was avoidable with a bit more common sense. 

The time to get angry will come much later in the season, if we don't sniff the playoffs with our payroll that will be an embarassment. For now, I'm gonna enjoy the ride. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Excuse me fans are "stupid" because they don't agree with you? You sound like Hugo Chavez or the president of Iran. How dare you arrogant pompus person to say such a biased bigoted statement. You really think you know more than everyone else now don't you? Try the private forum with all the other smart ones! Try climbing down off your ladder and you won't feel on top of the world. I could go on but I think you get the hint, or maybe you dont!

" If I can see it than tito should be able too also."  You also give Tito credit for the two rings he won for the Sox, right? Or are you one of those who offer the logically untenable position that Tito is responsible for the team's failures but gets no credit for their successes?  Tito in my view gets both, credit for good times and some responsibility for bad times. I think the team was not ready out of the gate and the lineup stuff should have been settled in Spring training. Having said that, you really have to get over this idea that you know better than Tito when to pull a guy out of a game. We've all seen pitchers who were never the same after getting yanked too often. He has to take into account confidence over the long haul versus yanking someone at the first sign of trouble. I realize that is a very sophisticated concept for someone as eager to stick someone on a pole as you, but you may want to give it some thought.  As for me, my take is that if Francona can right the ship and make the playoffs, he should stay on. If he can't, it may well be time for him to move on. But he's not getting fired now so you may as well relax and enjoy the ride a little more. As for this from Ghost, " Only a complete moron would be surprised by fans being angry over that." I'm not surprised that fans are angry but it does show me that most fans are stupid and overly spoiled. I never bought into the media hype that this was an all time great team. Because I wasn't a sucker for the hype like you evidently were I was able to ride out the early problems without feeling sorry for myself. You might want to try it sometime - and hey, you can still criticize the team to boot.  I'm one of those fans who takes into account "mega trends," such as, if Beckett is pitching well we have a good chance of being a very good team when all is said and done. But as you say, some fans just look at the record and what they were promised by the media and and pundits and it reminds them of all the times they asked Santa for a special present and they didn't get one, and they start feeling sorry for themselves. I understand the anger but the anger was avoidable with a bit more common sense.  The time to get angry will come much later in the season, if we don't sniff the playoffs with our payroll that will be an embarassment. For now, I'm gonna enjoy the ride. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to The board is Full of Whining Crybabies!:
    [QUOTE]I go off on one Disney Cruise and the Sox struggle out of the gate at 2-10.  I come back and all I read is that the season is over and everyone must go.  Well, you guys have officially distinguished yourselves as fair weather, no nothings. Would I like the Yanks to be 2-10 instead of the Sox?  Of course.  Would I be stupid enough to count The Yanks out if they were 2-10?  Of course not.  That being said, why would I think any differently about the Sox?  Any of you claiming the season is over is giving YOUR TEAM less respect than Yankee fans are giving them. I think the team IS built to win.  When they hit their stride, you will all look like fools.  And I'll be here to call you out on it.  I think you all are secretly happy for the struggles.  You want the team to be a loser.  Enjoy it now...Cry in your beer later.

Spot on!  I concur 100%!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Some members here are so negative and impatient. 

I am surprised with all this bashing on the Red Sox (especially Francona). 
    Seven seasons as a Red Sox manager and they have made the playoffs five times and have won two championships.   

Fourteen games down, 148 to go.  The season has just started. 

The Red Sox will get red-hot and start winning again. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Ghost, you must be who the original post is directed at!  You are pretty mad.  Its ok.  Maybe tomorrow the Sox will lose and you will feel better.  What does street cred have to do with anything?  Maybe you and Red Sox 11 should get a room!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Ghost and 11, I never said I was an expert.  But I know negativity when I see it. As far as being an internet tough guy...I just got back from DISNEY.  I was on a boat with Mickey and Minnie mouse.  I dressed like a pirate for the Pirates of the Caribbean theme night.  That is pretty tough, I guess.  How dumb can you to be?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

You should get a room in Waterbury Vt. I hope the sox win tomorrow but with francona and Dice K I have my doubts. Not a good combo. One can't pitch and the other can't manage.

[QUOTE]Ghost, you must be who the original post is directed at!  You are pretty mad.  Its ok.  Maybe tomorrow the Sox will lose and you will feel better.  What does street cred have to do with anything?  Maybe you and Red Sox 11 should get a room!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Perhaps if this team had been managed properly in spring training you would have more ammo to fire instead of blanks. There isn't any excuse for the way this team has played or is being managed. I don't give a hoot about 04 and 07 as that was years ago. What tito has done is bumble though the last 3 seasons like he is lost. If you don't agree that is fine, but you don't have to be so critical of people who don't think exactly like you. Perhaps you haven't left the fantasy world you were in. Just my 2 cents worth. If you insult people expect you will receive it back. I have been nice so far but the insults are beginning to grind. So if you dish it out expect it back my friend.

[QUOTE]Ghost and 11, I never said I was an expert.  But I know negativity when I see it. As far as being an internet tough guy...I just got back from DISNEY.  I was on a boat with Mickey and Minnie mouse.  I dressed like a pirate for the Pirates of the Caribbean theme night.  That is pretty tough, I guess.  How dumb can you to be?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Who did I insult?  You?  If I did, that makes you a whining crybaby.  I know the truth hurts.  Tito bumbled through 2010?  Right.  He took a team killed by injures to 89 wins.  Sorry, you have no idea what you are talking about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

If you don't like what I'm saying, don't read the thread.  Sorry, I'm calling it like I see it and will be here all year to call the whiners like you out.  Disagree with moves all you want and whine if you want.  I'll be positive and make fun of the whining all day!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

An 89 win team with a closer who had nearly a 4 ERA, blew 8 saves and walked nearly as many hitters in '10 then he had in his first 3 seasons(as a closer) combined!  couple that with 6-6 Josh Beckett and a 9 win Daisake with a near 5 ERA and before we are even talking about injuries to mainly Youk, Pedey and Ells, I have no reasonable idea how in the hell Tito even managed the 89 wins!  It might be more impressive then the championship seasons from a strictly managing perspective to merely survive the season with ANY shred of respectibility!  The fact that they were not mathematically eliminated until about September 20th is near miraculous!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Telling people to get a room is insulting. Don't give me that. No different than me telling you to room with Mickey mouse as you would have a lot in common. See my point? But I suppose I should bow to you given your 5000+ posts.

Tito still had a very good team last year and blew many games by his handling of the BP just like he continues to do. Had the sox had a good or even ave manager they would have been in the PS even with the injuries. Sorry if you cannot agree I really don't care you can whine about it

[QUOTE]Who did I insult?  You?  If I did, that makes you a whining crybaby.  I know the truth hurts.  Tito bumbled through 2010?  Right.  He took a team killed by injures to 89 wins.  Sorry, you have no idea what you are talking about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

You are 100% right William.  Red Sox 11 is trying to rewrite 2010 history...for some reason.  I guess he justs hates Tito.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Thanks I am glad sire I have your approval.

[QUOTE]If you don't like what I'm saying, don't read the thread.  Sorry, I'm calling it like I see it and will be here all year to call the whiners like you out.  Disagree with moves all you want and whine if you want.  I'll be positive and make fun of the whining all day!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Tito did a very nice job UNTIL late July & August when he couldnt pick the right reliever to save his life....but before those meltdowns, he was surpassing my expactations with the injury riddled 2010 club