The board is Full of Whining Crybabies!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

And yet marstan continues to post though none of us can see it.... I wonder sometimes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

This is an about face for you Flapjack. I thought that you had unending tolerance and forgiveness to the trolls, chronic pessimists and skeptics. You seemed to be more concerned about the troll hunters than the trolls. 

Not an about-face at all. I don't align myself with either "the troll hunters or the trolls," as you put it. I think your apparent belief that you have to be on extreme or the other is false.

I've been here a while (longer than this profile says - my first account was lost around the time of the board change, and I eventually made another), and I think my posts have never made a secret of how I feel about these things, or about the Red Sox.

Did it ever occur to you that the horde of negative posters might contain many pretenders (trolls)?

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Surely there are some who aren't what they claim to be, but I don't think that means you can assume that of all of them. Unfortunately I think many people just have a negative outlook and are prone to falling to pieces and jumping off the bandwagon at the first sign of adversity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The newbies ... that whine and cry ... are used to having an instant high all the time.  If they are losing their video game, either the game stinks or they can get sheets of cheats on line so they can "win"

Yaz, I think that's a pretty accurate analogy for the attitudes some of these people have.

I've always maintained that anyone who was a Sox fan pre-2004 (or at least knew a thing or two about the history of the team, even if they weren't around to see it) couldn't possibly consider the Henry-Epstein-Francona era as terrible as some posters here apparently do. We have it better than Red Sox fans in any time period since Woodrow Wilson was in the White House...of course the current management makes mistakes, but the good they've accomplished with this team far, far outweighs them, unless you just plain can't see the forest for the trees.

.... That's why, seeing him doing his hard work daily, I fully trust Carl Crawford to be a great impact player.  He has done the hard work and keeps doing it.  He doesn't just turn off the video game ....   

I completely agree. Not that it isn't frustrating to watch him struggle like this, but he's been too good for too long not to turn it around. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies!:
    The newbies ... that whine and cry ... are used to having an instant high all the time.  If they are losing their video game, either the game stinks or they can get sheets of cheats on line so they can "win" Yaz, I think that's a pretty accurate analogy for the attitudes some of these people have. I've always maintained that anyone who was a Sox fan pre-2004 (or at least knew a thing or two about the history of the team, even if they weren't around to see it) couldn't possibly consider the Henry-Epstein-Francona era as terrible as some posters here apparently do. We have it better than Red Sox fans in any time period since Woodrow Wilson was in the White House...of course the current management makes mistakes, but the good they've accomplished with this team far, far outweighs them, unless you just plain can't see the forest for the trees. .... That's why, seeing him doing his hard work daily, I fully trust Carl Crawford to be a great impact player.  He has done the hard work and keeps doing it.  He doesn't just turn off the video game ....    I completely agree. Not that it isn't frustrating to watch him struggle like this, but he's been too good for too long not to turn it around. 
    Posted by Flapjack07

Great post, flap!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The board will be quiet today. The haters don't know what to do. If the Sox win 2 of 3 in Oakland, the team will be off and running!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

In Response to The board is Full of Whining Crybabies!:
    I go off on one Disney Cruise and the Sox struggle out of the gate at 2-10.  I come back and all I read is that the season is over and everyone must go.  Well, you guys have officially distinguished yourselves as fair weather, no nothings. Would I like the Yanks to be 2-10 instead of the Sox?  Of course.  Would I be stupid enough to count The Yanks out if they were 2-10?  Of course not.  That being said, why would I think any differently about the Sox?  Any of you claiming the season is over is giving YOUR TEAM less respect than Yankee fans are giving them. I think the team IS built to win.  When they hit their stride, you will all look like fools.  And I'll be here to call you out on it.  I think you all are secretly happy for the struggles.  You want the team to be a loser.  Enjoy it now...Cry in your beer later.
    Posted by jimdavis

I love that Jim Davis is this board's official Ron Swanson.  As someone who lives his life by the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness, I mean that as a very good thing.  He's kicking azz, and taking names.  Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Red Sox 11 is Baseball Dr!  All his drivel now makes perfect sense.
    Posted by jimdavis

Jim,

I finally put an IGNORE on Boston.com for RedSox11. I got on site today to check on the Marathon and the same whining on about the first posts. A few people complaining that a Kenyan had won, someone actually had the nerve to post "a Kenyan had won, Yawn" and a few groaning about the Globe's coverage. What about congratulating the winner. Finally I started seeing a number of great posts about the Marathon, congratulating the winner and a few other interesting posts.

I read the Globe daily and as I've said we're now in Milwaukee but will always be a Bostonian at heart, but I get tired of all of the negative posts that take over this site. Bostonians are lucky and should appreciate that their teams are successful. In Milwaukee we have the Bucks and Brewers who are perrenial losers, but fans come out for the games anyways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies! : Thanks Carnie!  Can you believe Disney will NOT allow NBC or CBS to be shown on the TV son the cruise?  How shortsighted and petty is that?
    Posted by jimdavis

No Fox news either.
    Which ship were you on? How did you like Castaway Cay?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I was on the Disney Dream...a beautiful, new ship.  Castaway Cay was alot of fun.  The water was crystal clear and the food was tasty and plentiful.  Never enough time in paradise, though.  I have set the bar kind of high with my kids.  Will they be ok with a Carnival cruise next time?  I think not!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I was on the Disney Dream...a beautiful, new ship.  Castaway Cay was alot of fun.  The water was crystal clear and the food was tasty and plentiful.  Never enough time in paradise, though.  I have set the bar kind of high with my kids.  Will they be ok with a Carnival cruise next time?  I think not!
    Posted by jimdavis

Awesome. My wife and I are DVC members and we take the Dream in September. It will be our 4th Disney cruise. 4-day cruise then 5 days at the parks, just me and the wife!
    How did that slide work out for the kids?
    You're right Jim, you've set the bar high. the question is, will YOU be ok with Carnival?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

In Response to The board is Full of Whining Crybabies! : I love that Jim Davis is this board's official Ron Swanson.  As someone who lives his life by the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness, I mean that as a very good thing.  He's kicking azz, and taking names. 
    Posted by redsoxfan791

Apt comparison!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies! : Awesome. My wife and I are DVC members and we take the Dream in September. It will be our 4th Disney cruise. 4-day cruise then 5 days at the parks, just me and the wife! How did that slide work out for the kids? You're right Jim, you've set the bar high. the question is, will YOU be ok with Carnival?
    Posted by Alibiike

The "AquaDuck" slide was awesome.  Routinely a 30-60 minute wait to ride.  My suggestion is to ride while the boat is docked in a port of call.  While others are on the island, you ride the ride.  The kids loved it! You could probably go 4 or 5 times and still do everything in the port. Below is a shot of the ride in all its glory! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

yes and softlaw 0000 is the loudest crybaby on the blog.

go red sox

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Don't argue with trolls, they love it.
    Posted by sunslav

I agree with this. 

Jim Davis is a complete troll.  A troll is someone who posts something to intentionaly provoke people.  In this case, back from his MickeyMouseClub tour he rolls in with "This board is full of whining crybabies"

When he gets caled on it - he comes back with personal attacks and "don't read it if you don't like it"

Doesn't that apply to EVERY thread, Jim?

If you don't like people complaining about the Sox 2 - 10 start - why in heaven's name are you on a Sox discussion board in the first place?

Stay on the New York Knicks page.  That's a great spot for you.

I think Francona is a great coach and very very rarely second guess him.  I have defended him all year this year.

This has nothing to do with Tito - but it is clever of the circle-jerks (you know who you are) to try to focus on that rather than the completely offensive troll, Jim Davis.

People come to talk the Sox - some are happy all the time & some are grumpy all the time.  Some get furious over a 2-10 start and some yawn over a 2-10 start.

But Jim Davis rolls in with his oboxious pronouncements, simply because people disagree with him.  He also seems obsessed with Mickey Mouse, homosexuality and the Knicks.

A real triple-threat guy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's the personal attacks that are really lame.  That's the problem with this medium:  it breeds a lot of cowards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

It's the personal attacks that are really lame.  That's the problem with this medium:  it breeds a lot of cowards.
    Posted by andrewmitch

Actually, some of my personal attacks are quite creative if I may say so.  Speaking of cowardly, it's a shame you miss my best stuff since you have me on ignore.  You do provide endless fodder though. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Posted by andrewmitch

Here are some more examples of the wit and wisdom of the Great A-Mitch from another thread.

Theo will probably wait until Ellsbury's BA drops below .150 and then give him a Carl Crawford like extension in order to boast his confidence.  Meanwhile, Francona will be planning extended time off for Ellsbury, also to boast his confidence.

Would this be your example of something that is not lame?  From your keyboard, is this an example of being brave and bold? 

I would love to see you utter this in a postgame session with the team.  I wonder if the players and a majority fans will take the high road and not attack you personally. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Ode to AndrewMitch:

This lyrical piece is called ANDREW'S  LAMENT:
    (It's quite lengthy, so I ask you to be patient)

I have the world on ignore

Lyrics by Harness

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

redsox11-    (quote) "I haven't seen any experts have you?

rs11,Would you submit that those who vote for Manager of the Year should be considered "experts"? (probably not)

Last year, the year you cite as a failure due to Tito, he was voted fourth place (out of 14 managers) for the Manager of the Year award.  Seems more than those on this thread disagree with RS11, and their credentials can't be totally ignored.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I see Boston winning two out of three at Oakland.

I actually picked Oakland to win the AL West. 

I went to an A's game in 2006 (the year they went to the ALCS) and the stadium was still only half full.  Wow,.......it's not like the Raiders are good or the Golden State Warriors.  lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Ghost, what the hell are you talking about?  I'm obsessed with homosexuality, Mickey Mouse and the Knicks?  I'm obsessed with the Red Sox and the Knicks.  Homosexuality and Mickey Mouse not so much.  My kids are obsessed with Mickey Mouse.  Is that a problem?  I think you have left the rails with this post.  And my proclamation holds true.  If you don't like the OP, don't read it.  I've never been called a troll before.  That's a new one.  As far as the Knicks go, I think the Celtics are a better team but I do give the Knicks a shot to win the series.  Is that not a reasonable position? If you don't want to hear about whining crybabies, why in heaven's name are you reading the thread.  Ghost, put this troll on ignore. I will continue to read your enlightening posts, though.  I would not want to miss anything you have to say.

BTW, what personal attacks have I made that you are referring to?  Please quote them for me.  I guess we will see what constitutes a personal attack in your mind.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

I see Boston winning two out of three at Oakland. I actually picked Oakland to win the AL West.  I went to an A's game in 2006 (the year they went to the ALCS) and the stadium was still only half full.  Wow,.......it's not like the Raiders are good or the Golden State Warriors.  lol
    Posted by Ice-Cream

2 of 3 will be hard to do in a TWO game series!!!!Smile

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies! : The "AquaDuck" slide was awesome.  Routinely a 30-60 minute wait to ride.  My suggestion is to ride while the boat is docked in a port of call.  While others are on the island, you ride the ride.  The kids loved it! You could probably go 4 or 5 times and still do everything in the port. Below is a shot of the ride in all its glory! 
    Posted by jimdavis

Superb! Looking forward to it!
    Thanks for the photo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: The board is Full of Whining Crybabies! : Superb! Looking forward to it! Thanks for the photo.
    Posted by Alibiike

Ali:
    Our conversation has lead shumpers ghost to say I am obsessed with Mickey Mouse and homosexuality.  Can you shed any light on what the heck he is talking about?  Anyway, enjoy your trip.  As you probably know, get to the port early.  They were letting folks on earlier than Disney said they would.  That allowed for extra time enjoying the ship before the cruise officially started.

Sections
Shortcuts