The Board needs to be resusitated-it's been heading Downhill since Aug.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The Board needs to be resusitated-it's been heading Downhill since Aug.

The top 20 or so threads have been on here for two months(since early Sept.). It's not much fun and granted the season is over and BV isn't an active topic any longer and never was much fun to discuss. BenC is pretty predictable as will Farrell be rather easy to diagnose.

I have found some of the WEEI  and MLBTR.com topics of interest--and maybe it's the season for lack of activity. I realize things may pick up with the meetings this week, FA and then the Winter Meetings--I just find things pretty dead on the board--Thanks for listening.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: The Board needs to be resusitated-it's been heading Downhill since Aug.

SindarinEribor 

Reason One for board going "Downhill"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Maybe the board reflects the dismal season.  Recovery will take awhile. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The top 20 or so threads have been on here for two months(since early Sept.). It's not much fun and granted the season is over and BV isn't an active topic any longer and never was much fun to discuss. BenC is pretty predictable as will Farrell be rather easy to diagnose.

I have found some of the WEEI  and MLBTR.com topics of interest--and maybe it's the season for lack of activity. I realize things may pick up with the meetings this week, FA and then the Winter Meetings--I just find things pretty dead on the board--Thanks for listening.

[/QUOTE]

I've been mostly a lurker for a number of years and I've chimed in occasionally on threads over the past year or so, and I can tell you that for me there is some truth to what maxbialystock said about the dismal season affecting things.  More than that, though, is the fact that I no longer find the board fun or even as informative as it used to be.  In my opinion, there are too many people here who come on just to fight with other posters, or post garbage threads that stay at the top of the front burner.  I used to come on here because I wanted to learn about what others were thinking about the Sox and baseball, but it's become too cumbersome to cut through the crap to find anything worthwhile. 

How about a little bit more civil discourse about baseball and less personal attacks?  That would have me coming back more often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Theres a few posters he that I regulary "talk" with. Some more than others. I try to avoid the people that want to start crap for no reason. At least until they stop trying to start crap, then Ill "talk" to them again...

Its like almost any forum...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

In response to Yukon-Cornelius's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been mostly a lurker for a number of years and I've chimed in occasionally on threads over the past year or so, and I can tell you that for me there is some truth to what maxbialystock said about the dismal season affecting things.  More than that, though, is the fact that I no longer find the board fun or even as informative as it used to be.  In my opinion, there are too many people here who come on just to fight with other posters, or post garbage threads that stay at the top of the front burner.  I used to come on here because I wanted to learn about what others were thinking about the Sox and baseball, but it's become too cumbersome to cut through the crap to find anything worthwhile. 

How about a little bit more civil discourse about baseball and less personal attacks?  That would have me coming back more often.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  Well said. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Theres a few posters he that I regulary "talk" with. Some more than others. I try to avoid the people that want to start crap for no reason. At least until they stop trying to start crap, then Ill "talk" to them again...

Its like almost any forum...

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I love to see guys make statements Like Ben is an idiot GM and blowing the Ortiz negotiations and then get totally blown out of the water and never say sorry or make another comment in their own thread.   I love those folks....

Also love it when a few here blow others up with facts rather than opinion based on one game or at bat or inning.  I really love those threads.

I also love watching some one say I never said that and then as another reaches back in time and slams them with their own comment is great.

Great talk is great talk but watching some one destroy another persons comment is the best type of thread amd fun.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Jim, max and southpaw all make great points.

I certainly have no interest in engaging in discussion with posters who can disagree with someone w/o insulting another poster. (Are they that insecure with their own arguments?) So for the most part, I steer clear of those posters and threads -- unless something piques my interest.

I haven't posted a lot recently simply because there's not a lot to discuss right now. I posted by thoughts on Ortiz and Ross because they were the big issues and also on the manager change. Other than that, there's not much going on right now. 

When signings and trades heat up, then the board should pick up. Most of the discussions are stuff that has been discussed ad nauseum and continually posting on the same topics doesn't interest me. Some issues or topics certainly are worth of many posts and more lengthy discussions, of course, but it also reaches a point where all that can be said has been said. Continually regurgitating the same points over and over doesn't interest me, especially when the thread is loades with posters who simply want to get into a pssing contest with other posters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe the board reflects the dismal season.  Recovery will take awhile. 

[/QUOTE]

I think you are right on target Max. After a dismal season there is now a lull in major transactions that will probably go on for another month or two. Add to that the less than excellent prognosis for next year's team and this slow down here is to be expected.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

ROY CORRECT How many trade scenarios can we continue to discuss. When a move happens there will be discussion.  just hope not on 5 different threads started by 4 people who want their name in lights!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to never1954's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Yukon-Cornelius's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  Well said. 

[/QUOTE]

100% agreeement

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

anyone who worries about the quality of board postings/musings needs to find either a job or a new hobby.....are they (pike) under the impression we are producing widgets in a factory system?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

There is a relationship between the performance of the Red Sox and the quality of posts.  You tend to see a lot of this andrewmitch dude, angry adg, and a very active bill-ochocientos-seis in the midst of a team funk.  When this happens, I prefer to scrub the toilet and clean my cat's litter box rather than click on threads.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is a relationship between the performance of the Red Sox and the quality of posts.  You tend to see a lot of this andrewmitch dude, angry adg, and a very active bill-ochocientos-seis in the midst of a team funk.  When this happens, I prefer to scrub the toilet and clean my cat's litter box rather than click on threads.  

[/QUOTE]

I remember the off-season filled with Beni's threads and laughter and fun. You remember that, right, "sheriff"? Then posters like your Yankee pals had to make sure that "your favorite punching bag" (your own words, of course) was banned. The board is definitely different without personalities like that. Congratulations.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I remember the off-season filled with Beni's threads and laughter and fun. You remember that, right, "sheriff"? Then posters like your Yankee pals had to make sure that "your favorite punching bag" (your own words, of course) was banned. The board is definitely different without personalities like that. Congratulations.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, those were Beni's words.  He said he was my favorite punching bag.  I agreed.  

And I certainly didn't ban him.  You give me way too much credit there, Kimster.   Razzed him a bit?  Sure.  Of course.  He was my favorite punching bag.  And I miss him too.  I even came out of semi-retirement to honor him on Smiley-Beni Day, the day that the Yankees's season ends without them earning rings.  I can't speak for my Yankee "pals," but I would venture to guess that they miss him also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, those were Beni's words.  He said he was my favorite punching bag.  I agreed.  

And I certainly didn't ban him.  You give me way too much credit there, Kimster.   Razzed him a bit?  Sure.  Of course.  He was my favorite punching bag.  And I miss him too.  I even came out of semi-retirement to honor him on Smiley-Beni Day, the day that the Yankees's season ends without them earning rings.  I can't speak for my Yankee "pals," but I would venture to guess that they miss him also.

[/QUOTE]

You know what, LMR? That's hilarious. I would definitely like that tradition to continue. If he can still read the board, I'm sure he'd get a kick out of that. I know I do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Wait, you mean the board has been going downhill since the BDC forum transition, when the board topics were moved off the main sports pages and buried deep in the directories so that few new people find the posts? 

What a shock!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

It's all about finding a "LEVEL PLAYING FIELD"   !!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wait, you mean the board has been going downhill since the BDC forum transition, when the board topics were moved off the main sports pages and buried deep in the directories so that few new people find the posts? 

What a shock!

[/QUOTE]

i still don't know how to get to the forum without going through my "recent posts" in my account

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's football season!!!

Patriots 52 - 10 over Bills.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i already do. but when i'm at school or a buddys house the only way i can get to the forums is by going through my profile page... idk why they took the forums portal from the frontpage but they should put it back lol

25. This post has been removed.