The Boston Red Sox WILL win today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The Boston Red Sox WILL win today

The Sox will continue to dominate Sabathia, as they've done all season.  Look for a blast from Jacoby Ellsbury today and a solid (but not spectacular) performance out of John Lackey.

Sox win 8-5.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: The Boston Red Sox WILL win today

Hope you're right SPC. (Gulp)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to The Boston Red Sox WILL win today:
    The Sox will continue to dominate Sabathia, as they've done all season.  Look for a blast from Jacoby Ellsbury today and a solid (but not spectacular) performance out of John Lackey. Sox win 8-5.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

FROM YOUR MOUTH TO GOD"S EARS !!!

"Who's Your Daddy" as per Pedro's comments re: Yankees, Sabathia might feel, I hope the same way about us !!!

My wounds from last night’s loss will be healed if by some miracle we can beat Sabathia tonight but with the Yankees only getting 5 hits last night, I don’t know if Lackey, unless he sells his soul to the devil can keep their hit count down. But, Sabathia too, has to be a bit gun shy facing us. Pleasantly recall that in addition to coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees in 2004, we were down 1-3 to Cleveland in 2007 playoffs. We won game 1 vs Sabathia 10-3 and then lost 3 in a row. Sabathia pitched Game # 5 & could have provided the knockout punch but we beat him 7-1. Went on to win the next 2 and went undefeated thereafter to win World Series. And this year, we’ve beat him 3 times, 4/10---4-0, 5/14---6-0 and 6/9---8-3. Do we own him ? Let him and the Yankees think that and let’s beat him again tonight & that’ll leave him and Yankees wondering why we have his number when we get into the playoffs & the Yankees will definitely be there as, hate to say it, a division leader or wild card.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

SoxPatsCelts1988.

It's 7 - 4 top of 5th, your turning out to be a prophet! Now if Lackey can get out of this inning so that the bullpen can preserve a win you may actually look to be pretty smart! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

Pretty impressive op.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Great call.  I had the Yankees winning 24-4 or worse.  No faith. 

Do you believe Crawford?  Especially after watching Sabathia shut down Ortiz and darn near shut down Gonzalez? 

The outfield is hitting up a storm against the likely AL Cy Young award winner this year.  That's two lefty outfielder and a part-timer who last played the OF in high school or something. 

Ellsbury's dinger was huge, of course, but I think Crawford has been the man today. 

And possibly the most frightening starting pitcher in MLB history--frightening to his fans, not the opposition--came thru like a champ.  Well done, John Lackey.

Game not over yet, but I like a 7-3 or better lead going into the 7th. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It appears that the Red Sox have a good chance of winning this game.  Although, it isn't over yet and anything can happen.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

6 RBi's from Jacoby, could we really get 100 RBI's from our LEADOFF hitter? Please, someone tell me the last time that happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well this turned out to be prophetic, nice call.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: The Boston Red Sox WILL win today:
    6 RBi's from Jacoby, could we really get 100 RBI's from our LEADOFF hitter? Please, someone tell me the last time that happened.
    Posted by myaim45

I can see 90, which would be downright amazing, but not 100. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

In Response to Re: The Boston Red Sox WILL win today : I can see 90, which would be downright amazing, but not 100. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/267413
    Just an internet search but it says 98 by Nomar in 1997

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abereyes1. Show abereyes1's posts

Nice call on the game. right on!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Posted by myaim45

Darin Erstad in 2000:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=erstada01&year=2000&t=b

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

The Sox will continue to dominate Sabathia, as they've done all season.  Look for a blast from Jacoby Ellsbury today and a solid (but not spectacular) performance out of John Lackey. Sox win 8-5.

Hey, pretty nice prediction!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Now that's a heck of a call.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wow! Amazing prediction.
    Me, I try to stay as positive as possible, but I have to admit I had zero confidence today. Figured C.C. was due, and Lackey ... well, you know.
    I figured we'd win Friday and Sunday and lose Saturday. Hopefully I'll get tomorrow right!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Thanks everyone for the compliments.  I did nail that prediction didn't I?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Thanks everyone for the compliments.  I did nail that prediction didn't I?

Yup, you pretty much nailed it.  Great job!

I don't like to make predictions about games because I am almost always wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

That's crazy-good prediction. Unbelievable. Nice call.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I usually have a good hunch on stuff like this.  If only I nailed the score too.  I was still pretty close.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

You keep bringing this stupid thread back to the top.  By all means.  Still a great prediction which I could never have made.  Joe Willie Namath, step aside. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Babe will just ignore this.  I don't expect to hear his comments on this amazing prediction.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Babe will stay away at least until tonight because his guys got slaughtered and Sabathia, undeniably a great pitcher, got beat bad.  Lackey outduels Sabathia.  Who woulda thunk?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Babe will stay away at least until tonight because his guys got slaughtered and Sabathia, undeniably a great pitcher, got beat bad.  Lackey outduels Sabathia.  Who woulda thunk?
    Posted by maxbialystock

I started a similar thread that he likely won't respond to.  He and I debated this yesterday.  He says the Yankees #2 (Colon) matches up with our #2 (Lester).  We all know who the better pitcher is there now don't we? 

Well using his thought process, the Sox #5 (Lackey) matches up with the Yankees #1 (Sabathia)... I don't expect him to respond to that either.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts